2022 Concacaf Champions League

i'm rooting for neither.

if seattle wins, their fans are going to be that much more insufferable.

pumas wins, the ligaMX fans will be that much more insufferable.

either way, can't stand it. haha.

Reactions: mgarbowski
I’m embarrassed to say that I find myself rooting against Seattle.

Disappointing to watch this, knowing that if we hadn't had Maxi and Chanot suffer injuries and had been more clinical, we'd be playing tonight.
I would love to be standing, rain soaked in Mexico City supporting NYCFC in the CCL Final.

• Love
Reactions: moogoo
I thought the keeper coming off the line on a pk was an automatic yellow?

If that had been given to Frei there, he would be missing the return leg.

I thought the keeper coming off the line on a pk was an automatic yellow?

If that had been given to Frei there, he would be missing the return leg.

They changed that rule. The first time is now a warning.

CONCACAF is such a joke. In no world is that a penalty. The most inept confederation in the sport.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Seattle have to be the happier of the two after that. Three penalties called in this one, two for Seattle. Seattle go home with an advantage. Let's see if they can rock their home stadium to a CCL win!

Each team got a poor pk call, so it kinda evens out. Seattle seemed a slightly better team than Pumas IMO, but I think a draw is fair.

That last penalty call is funny, because in no way was Roldan threatening at all, then all of a sudden it turns into a .76 xG chance. It also reminded me of the penalty no-call that NYCFC got in Seattle when Santi Rodriguez got hacked in the leg. I will also add that we likely didn't get that no call because he then grabbed the defender's shirt to keep himself standing up instead of falling to the ground.

Seattle were fortunate in a way - penalties are almost always good luck for the offense, and they got two. On the other hand, they had the better of play overall, and only better finishing by Pumas had them in the lead.

FRbdwJ-X0AIJlWK

Haven't really been impressed by either side so far in this one.

Seattle seems to be getting the better play, but they are constantly missing runners, either via bad pass or not passing to the runs into open space. And it's not always because of the lineup shifting. It often seems like its guys like Lodeiro, Ruidiaz, Morris, and Roldan that aren't on the same page.

Reactions: moogoo and canchon
Jon Strong just said:

9 years ago, Seattle struggled to get people to come see them play CCL. 9 years later, full stadium.

A lot can happen attendance-wise in 9 years. I'd be interesting to see what happens with us.

As my dad said the other week, "You know, what NYCFC is doing is smart. They're really pushing hard on promoting towards kids. Pitches, bringing youth teams to games, etc. These kids are going to grow up NYCFC fans and bring their family and friends in the future." - 9 years from now, how many of those kids will be adults? :)