2024 Season Ticket Thread (This Season!)

The most likely scenario is that we are the lower seed in the first round, which means hosting the 2nd game. If Round One can go all the way to Nov 10, I guess I can foresee the possibility of our hosting a game 72 hours after the end of the World Series, even if that is Nov 2. Problem is that you don't know when the end of the World Series is until it happens - you don't know if there's a Game 7 until the end of Game 6, and there is always the possibility of a rainout or some other problem.

If there's a Subway Series, the last day the Mets could potentially host a World Series game is Wednesday, October 30. That gives plenty of time to play a Sunday postseason game that weekend at Citi Field.

Reactions: Gotham Gator
If the Yankees were to face the Dodgers or Phillies, or if the Mets face almost anyone but Detroit, the last home game would be game 5, probably October 30th.

But if there's not a Subway Series, then one of the stadiums will be available and this conversation is moot.

But if there's not a Subway Series, then one of the stadiums will be available and this conversation is moot.
True. I was thinking more along the lines of which stadium I preferred (Citi) and also curious if either baseball team would allow us to schedule a game for that Sunday. I haven't heard the club officially pivot away from the "Yankee Stadium first, then Citi and finally RBA" scheduling plan, although it would make sense.

If the Mets are out long before the series, and the Yankees are battling in the ALCS, will we hold out in commiting to a venue?

True. I was thinking more along the lines of which stadium I preferred (Citi) and also curious if either baseball team would allow us to schedule a game for that Sunday. I haven't heard the club officially pivot away from the "Yankee Stadium first, then Citi and finally RBA" scheduling plan, although it would make sense.

If the Mets are out long before the series, and the Yankees are battling in the ALCS, will we hold out in commiting to a venue?

I would think they will lock in a stadium in time to schedule the playoff series on October 19. The league will probably want that for logistics reasons.

Reactions: 413Blue
I received an invite today to a Town Hall event for the first time in a while, to be held 10/22 with Lee and Sims. To RSVP you had to submit 2 questions. You could not leave those blank, which I usually do. My 2 were
1. When can we expect to learn the stadium sponsor?
2. Are Ojeda, Fernandez and Mijatovic on target in their development or did we expect more from them this year?

I received an invite today to a Town Hall event for the first time in a while, to be held 10/22 with Lee and Sims. To RSVP you had to submit 2 questions. You could not leave those blank, which I usually do. My 2 were
2. Are Ojeda, Fernandez and Mijatovic on target in their development or did we expect more from them this year?
Didn't get an invite...regardless, I'm sorry but number 1 is a moot question. Please ask more relevant questions for season ticket holders...

1. Why is Founding Member pricing being dropped for the new stadium? You have an obligation to honor lifetime preferred pricing for Founding Members.
2. What are expected price increases for the new stadium? How much money should existing fans have to reserve in their budgets to pay for season tickets in the new stadium compared to paying now?

Reactions: Vallos
Didn't get an invite...regardless, I'm sorry but number 1 is a moot question. Please ask more relevant questions for season ticket holders...

1. Why is Founding Member pricing being dropped for the new stadium? You have an obligation to honor lifetime preferred pricing for Founding Members.
2. What are expected price increases for the new stadium? How much money should existing fans have to reserve in their budgets to pay for season tickets in the new stadium compared to paying now?
Something tells me, you won’t hear a peep out of those two in regards to your questions.

Reactions: SoupInNYC and Gene
I agree those questions should be asked of the club. But I’m not sure this is the right forum for it. Obviously you can get them to answer SOME questions. So why ask questions you know they won’t answer. I think you’re better off emailing and calling the FO asking these questions over and over and in numbers to get your answers and eventually push the FO to not make these changes.

I’m not going to ask a question- much less an aggressive one- about founding member pricing when (1) I’m not a founding member any more and (2) I have at best a third hand understanding of what some unidentified rep said in a context I don’t know to a person I don’t know.
Also, in this situation you'll probably get way more out of asking questions that a.) the moderator might actually ask and b.) will give an opportunity for the panel to give an answer of value without feeling boxed in by an aggressive question.

Aggressive and controversial questions will either go unasked or, if asked, invoke a response that is defensive, not substantive and not much different than a scripted response that a ticket rep would give in an email.

Hard to imagine even the toughest questions doing much good when they are vetted ahead of time. Prepped questions are kind of a bunch of bullshit.
We have an extensive vetting process. While there is a deadline close to the opening of the stadium, we won't rush into any deal. We will consider all offers and ensure we have a partner who is a terrific fit for our club.
We are really excited about these three young attacking players. It is often hard to remember that they are all teenagers. They are working hard in practice, doing all the right things, learning consistently and always prepared when their numbers get called. That's the main thing we ask of them. Fortunately for us as a club, it's not easy to crack into the starting XI with how well Hannes and Santi and Alonso and Maxi have been playing. With those seven players and Malachi coming back next year, this offense is extremely potent.
No final pricing for seats have been determined at this time. So no decision has been made about Founder Member pricing or otherwise. With the exception of a few of our luxury suites that we have begun selling time share style. We are working hard to gather input from our fans at every stage and are excited about the response we have seen so far.
We have gathered a lot of fan input and are building a wide variety of pricing options throughout the stadium. We want every fan to have a place in our stadium and are looking forward to rolling out the pricing once it is determined in the future.

Hard to imagine even the toughest questions doing much good when they are vetted ahead of time. Prepped questions are kind of a bunch of bullshit.

We have an extensive vetting process. While there is a deadline close to the opening of the stadium, we won't rush into any deal. We will consider all offers and ensure we have a partner who is a terrific fit for our club.

We are really excited about these three young attacking players. It is often hard to remember that they are all teenagers. They are working hard in practice, doing all the right things, learning consistently and always prepared when their numbers get called. That's the main thing we ask of them. Fortunately for us as a club, it's not easy to crack into the starting XI with how well Hannes and Santi and Alonso and Maxi have been playing. With those seven players and Malachi coming back next year, this offense is extremely potent.

No final pricing for seats have been determined at this time. So no decision has been made about Founder Member pricing or otherwise. With the exception of a few of our luxury suites that we have begun selling time share style. We are working hard to gather input from our fans at every stage and are excited about the response we have seen so far.

We have gathered a lot of fan input and are building a wide variety of pricing options throughout the stadium. We want every fan to have a place in our stadium and are looking forward to rolling out the pricing once it is determined in the future.
Answers like this are why I usually don't bother submitting questions, honestly. Since I had to, I went with one innocuous and pointless, and one with a slight edge. The former sometimes induces someone to reveal something unguarded. The latter has some limited chance of getting a substantive answer, certainly more than anything outright accusatory.

Last edited:
I'm circling back to the issue I first raised which is when will season ticket holders need to opt in or out to playoff tickets and will there be certainty as to where the game(s) will be. To its credit, the club has left it very late. Checking emails, I see the deadline was 10/15 in 2018 and 10/9 in 2017, with a playoff start date similar to this year.
Barring rainouts It should be possible to host a playoff game at least at Citi on November 1-3, but rainouts do happen and they probably prefer Yankee stadium. Plus there's a non-zero chance we host October 25-27.

I doubt the club would let STHs opt in/out more than 2 days after decision day, but they might need to do it this week.
The earliest the Mets can be eliminated by sweep is this Thursday and for the Yankees Friday. As of Decision Day and absent rain, the Mets will have played up to 6 games in the current series and the Yankees 5. They could easily both survive until then.

I still I think there is a real possibility that NYCFC ticket holders will have to decide whether to get playoff tickets without knowing where the games will be and with no guarantee it will not be at RBA if both Mets and Yankees are alive (because rain can always happen).

I'm circling back to the issue I first raised which is when will season ticket holders need to opt in or out to playoff tickets and will there be certainty as to where the game(s) will be. To its credit, the club has left it very late. Checking emails, I see the deadline was 10/15 in 2018 and 10/9 in 2017, with a playoff start date similar to this year.
Barring rainouts It should be possible to host a playoff game at least at Citi on November 1-3, but rainouts do happen and they probably prefer Yankee stadium. Plus there's a non-zero chance we host October 25-27.

I doubt the club would let STHs opt in/out more than 2 days after decision day, but they might need to do it this week.
The earliest the Mets can be eliminated by sweep is this Thursday and for the Yankees Friday. As of Decision Day and absent rain, the Mets will have played up to 6 games in the current series and the Yankees 5. They could easily both survive until then.

I still I think there is a real possibility that NYCFC ticket holders will have to decide whether to get playoff tickets without knowing where the games will be and with no guarantee it will not be at RBA if both Mets and Yankees are alive (because rain can always happen).
Slight counterpoint: Doesn't much look like rain this week, and the Mets are playing tonight and tomorrow, which is a holiday, Which theoretically means there won't be any decisions made before we have two games under our belts. So basically the picture might be at least a little clearer by Tuesday morning when they'll be getting back to the office. In theory LOL

Reactions: mgarbowski
Slight counterpoint: Doesn't much look like rain this week, and the Mets are playing tonight and tomorrow, which is a holiday, Which theoretically means there won't be any decisions made before we have two games under our belts. So basically the picture might be at least a little clearer by Tuesday morning when they'll be getting back to the office. In theory LOL

Unless we are hosting Game 1 of the series, a decision doesn't have to be made until after the LCS is over. Let's see where we are next week.