Already 1000 Members Paid For Third Rail !!

That's insane. I wonder how many will show up come gameday? It would be amazing to see 1,000 supporters in the Supporters Section.

That's insane. I wonder how many will show up come gameday? It would be amazing to see 1,000 supporters in the Supporters Section.
I'm sure a good chunk of them are sitting elsewhere or are non-season ticket holders. Still a great number it says a ton about how well this club is doing. Since they have to confirm TR membership to get into the exclusive sections, perhaps the TR knows how many season tickets have been picked in their sections?

Reactions: MyBoyVilla
I plan on joining sometime this year. Just haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

Hey guys -- the flip side of such great numbers is that it is clear that you have collected a very large amount of money. At some point you're going to need to give members some kind of accounting of where that money is going -- and I would suggest you do it before you ask us for another $30.

Hey guys -- the flip side of such great numbers is that it is clear that you have collected a very large amount of money. At some point you're going to need to give members some kind of accounting of where that money is going -- and I would suggest you do it before you ask us for another $30.
They talked about that in a different thread, i will see if I can find it.

Honestly, why do people care so much about what they're doing with the money? Let's just say all of it goes to paying the people who run TR, what's so bad with that? These folks obviously have to donate their own time to organize and manage TR, why shouldn't they be compensated? I could be wrong, but it seems like the group that runs TR is a decent size. Dividing $30,000 amongst them doesn't equal very much per person. But I doubt all the money is going in their pockets. Things cost money, I assume. Don't they clearly list the benefits? Don't you all get membership cards? That right there probably costs a grand. Aren't you all getting scarves? Another grand right there.

This isn't some massive corporate entity that needs to be transparent. To be clear, I'm not a TR member, nor plan to be, I just don't get the obsession with this. I've seen it mentioned a few times already.

Honestly, why do people care so much about what they're doing with the money? Let's just say all of it goes to paying the people who run TR, what's so bad with that? These folks obviously have to donate their own time to organize and manage TR, why shouldn't they be compensated? I could be wrong, but it seems like the group that runs TR is a decent size. Dividing $30,000 amongst them doesn't equal very much per person. But I doubt all the money is going in their pockets. Things cost money, I assume. Don't they clearly list the benefits? Don't you all get membership cards? That right there probably costs a grand. Aren't you all getting scarves? Another grand right there.

This isn't some massive corporate entity that needs to be transparent. To be clear, I'm not a TR member, nor plan to be, I just don't get the obsession with this. I've seen it mentioned a few times already.
I think most people who pay for a service, especially one as abstract as a supporters club, would like to know where their money is going and how it benefits them.

How many active gameday members do you think we will have in the section? Also are there any plans for other groups, I know DC and Chicago have Latin influenced groups.

I'm sure a good chunk of them are sitting elsewhere or are non-season ticket holders. Still a great number it says a ton about how well this club is doing. Since they have to confirm TR membership to get into the exclusive sections, perhaps the TR knows how many season tickets have been picked in their sections?

I'm a member but picked seats in another section in the stadium. I have people already asking about using my seats once in awhile, for those matches I'll try and grab TR seats from people who can't make the game.

Reactions: 413Blue
I think most people who pay for a service, especially one as abstract as a supporters club, would like to know where their money is going and how it benefits them.

By why do you care? This is what you get from being a TR member:

• Third Rail pre-match events at local Bronx bars;
  • Exclusive Third Rail Merchandise;
  • Reduced prices for beverages at local bars;
  • Discounted group travel to away games;
  • Exclusive benefits from New York City FC including members-only events with NYCFC personnel;
  • Voting power on decisions made by the Third Rail;
That me that seems more valuable than $30 a year. If they offer members these benefits, then why does anyone care about how the money is used? You're paying for these benefits, and more. If you don't get them, then at that point I think it's valid to ask where the money is going, but if they give you these things then I don't see why anyone should care.

Transparency is always good to keep members happy and in the loop. Its early to complain because we haven't even had a match yet and no way to see how the resources are being used.

• Exclusive benefits from New York City FC including members-only events with NYCFC personnel;
That me that seems more valuable than $30 a year. If they offer members these benefits, then why does anyone care about how the money is used? You're paying for these benefits, and more. If you don't get them, then at that point I think it's valid to ask where the money is going, but if they give you these things then I don't see why anyone should care.
and those members only events are SICK....like the Lampard Press conference and the FIFA event with Villa and Dempsey

Reactions: einwindir

Well, if all of this is costing NYCFC $5 per member, and they are pocketing the rest as profits, I would ask for more benefits or lower costs.

In addition, besides for the product/service relationship, it is also a membership relationship. Just like the US Government publishes a budget for its citizens, so should an organization for its members.

This is just an example, and I am not complaining about anything at all. I just think it is fair to want to know where my money is going.

If you don't get them, then at that point I think it's valid to ask where the money is going, but if they give you these things then I don't see why anyone should care.

Why do you care that we care? It's a very reasonable request and you lose a little standing in the discussion when you admit you're not a member.

Help out on the board of you want to know where the money is going. Saying that because you paid thirty measly dollars you are entitled to an accounting of their finances is silly. Go ask Costco to open their books to you next time you renew your membership.