Any Barra Bravas?

ElValluno90

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
I think it would be cool to have a Barra Brava for NYCFC to bring the taste of Latin American soccer passion to the games. I've been to redbull games, the chants are loud, but they only sing the same 2 or 3 songs the whole game, and the verses are short and don't flow well (no offense). The difference with the Barra Bravas of LAtin America is obviously the chants and just the pure passion that accompanies them, the amount of flags and confetti, band instruments. A good Example of a barra brava in MLS would be "La barra brava" of D.C United..... Basically all I'M saying is that I would like to see this in New York, and it would make the games more enjoyable and fun.

I think it would be cool to have a Barra Brava for NYCFC to bring the taste of Latin American soccer passion to the games. I've been to redbull games, the chants are loud, but they only sing the same 2 or 3 songs the whole game, and the verses are short and don't flow well (no offense). The difference with the Barra Bravas of LAtin America is obviously the chants and just the pure passion that accompanies them, the amount of flags and confetti, band instruments. A good Example of a barra brava in MLS would be "La barra brava" of D.C United..... Basically all I'M saying is that I would like to see this in New York, and it would make the games more enjoyable and fun.
index.php

would be cool but the thing is that I am not sure if drums or other instruments are allowed into Yankee Stadium.

would be cool but the thing is that I am not sure if drums or other instruments are allowed into Yankee Stadium.

True, but soccer is different than baseball, wouldn't see why they wouldn't allow drums and stuff into a soccer game. I'm pretty sure I heard drums during the Spain vs Ireland Game at Yankee stadium.

True, but soccer is different than baseball, wouldn't see why they wouldn't allow drums and stuff into a soccer game. I'm pretty sure I heard drums during the Spain vs Ireland Game at Yankee stadium.
i think its more the security of yankee stadium not wanting it or something regardless of the sport taking place. I think its what i heard.
i always wondered if there were drums for spain game at yankee stadium, or if they had drums trumpets in citi field when ecuador played there twice i think.

Has somebody real news this group ?
It all depends on security.....

I doubt we will have to have any scale of barra bravas as in latin America...

prob end up being proper like some of those games in the premier league

not so much news as it is a discussion to see if there are any barra bravas out there and if so where. And this is true security will be tough, but I was leaning towards having a Latin American (spanish chanting) barra for NYCFC, since there are already barras in the MLS(listed Below). Its good to have more than one support group, and having a Barra Brava in New York would show the Diversity of the City as well, and the chants/ songs will be different than whats already heard in the MLS.

other latin american barras include
La Barra KC (Sporting Kansas City- founded in 2010)
Sector Latino (Chicago Fire- founded in 2005)
Guerreros Verdes (Portland Timbers- created in 2011 as part of the Timbers Army)
La Barra Brava (D.C United)
La Turbina Amarilla(Columbus Crew)
El Matador(Dallas)
El Batallón(Dynamo)
La Barra Revolucion Latina(Revolution)
La Barra Real (Real Salt Lake)

Reactions: Fabio
Wont find that here.. to many post about not wanting that type of atmosphere..
The reason you don't hear about it here is there hasn't existed a real demand for that style of support until now.

If you guys would like to start one here, please feel free. You'll find that we are very helpful in creating an environment that will help you grow and spread your idea.

When nycfc held that supporters cup earlier this year I noticed a lot of barras and they looked legit so if we get them to join in we can really get this thing going

Reactions: ElValluno90
When nycfc held that supporters cup earlier this year I noticed a lot of barras and they looked legit so if we get them to join in we can really get this thing going

That's awesome!! Did you catch any names? That would be a good start

maybe third rail is thinking of different factions like subgroups. Like timbers army has. They should bring ideas FWD...because I remember there were ppl wanting to start other groups like for example Bronx Ultras....its all a mater of planning/organizing.

like I mentioned earlier.

A barra Brava could be started...maybe called "Los Matadores" (bullfighter) as our rival will be red bulls. And get people with drums and trumpets and be badass creating music.....but lets see if someone organizes.

we can be like this bunch walking to the stadium