Are We Hooligans Or True Supporters? Thoughts On Invading Rba.

einwindir

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 19, 2014
Queens, NY
After talking to a number of people at the meet tonight there seems to be a common theme. Are we a Supporters Group or are we just getting together to drink?

There was a thread not so long ago about invading Red Bulls Arena. What if we chose to invade RBA...but instead of being assholes, we supported the team that wears NY on their uniform?

I'm not saying we need to circlejerk the ESB, VA and GSU, be we sure can chant with them and clap with them. We may not be a large group in comparison to the South Ward, but even if 20 of us could get together, wearing blue and carrying our scarves, we can show MLS that NYC FC Supporters are serious about our league.

What happens when RB fans don't take our presence as a show of support. And that results in conflict. And bad publicity. And we take the blame for that, and rightfully so because we went into their stadium. And bad publicity galore.

This is a horrible idea, and hopefully never happens.

After talking to a number of people at the meet tonight there seems to be a common theme. Are we a Supporters Group or are we just getting together to drink?

There was a thread not so long ago about invading Red Bulls Arena. What if we chose to invade RBA...but instead of being assholes, we supported the team that wears NY on their uniform?

I'm not saying we need to circlejerk the ESB, VA and GSU, be we sure can chant with them and clap with them. We may not be a large group in comparison to the South Ward, but even if 20 of us could get together, wearing blue and carrying our scarves, we can show MLS that NYC FC Supporters are serious about our league.

Good question. It'll always be a combination of both. It is up to each person to make the supporters club what it is.

I think the good will towards the red bulls is great, however the nature of "inter-city" rivalries would probably overshadow it.

Last edited:

we should take aspects from this and put it to good use. the march across the bridge is pretty cool not gonna lie. but the see how annoying the drums and horns are??

I get a feeling that some of us would love to adopt a Casuals style while others are drawn towards Ultras.. Myself I´d just advice people to enjoy themselves in whatever style they prefer.

Reactions: Buckley
I get a feeling that some of us would love to adopt a Casuals style while others are drawn towards Ultras.. Myself I´d just advice people to enjoy themselves in whatever style they prefer.
I think this is why the SG opted for a larger umbrella group first. I believe May 21st they will close the voting. After that they will have another naming vote for the smaller 'Ultras' group.

I will be a part of the umbrella group. But I may opt out of the smaller one.

I will never support the Pink Cows, and I would never want a group of NYCFC supporters to go to a game to support them. The rivalry is real. Would you ever see die hard Nets fans going to a Knicks game to cheer them on? Jets to giants? Mets to Yankees? Islanders to Rangers? No. So why should we?

I will never support the Pink Cows, and I would never want a group of NYCFC supporters to go to a game to support them. The rivalry is real. Would you ever see die hard Nets fans going to a Knicks game to cheer them on? Jets to giants? Mets to Yankees? Islanders to Rangers? No. So why should we?
Perfectly said. If we go to Red Bull Arena it will be for NYCFC vs RBNY and we'll be there in numbers....to support OUR team

Why in the world would I want to chant and cheer for a rival? I'm a Yankee fan and there is no way I would cheer for the Red Sox, or even the Mets. It will be the same for me with the Bulls. If I wanted to support the Red Bulls I would have joined ECS a long time ago. I've been to RBA a bunch of times and I am not antagonistic, but neither am I pulling for the home team. Call me ambivalent and depending on how the rivalry shapes up that will be the most support the Red Bulls will get from me. To insinuate that by not supporting the Red Bulls I am a hooligan and a false supporter is a little incendiary. I consider myself as true a supporter as one can be without a team and I think hooligans are losers.

Reactions: Johnny
Because RB fans would take kindly to a bunch of RIVAL fans showing up to their stadium on a day we're not playing them. That's a STUPID idea.

Reactions: Goodfella
sorry but that is just a ridiculous idea. If NY had a USL pro team id say maybe, but i can't even see myself being able to go to hofstra and cheer on the cosmos.

Reactions: Johnny and lawson
I continue to champion the idea that We should 50 deep to the Cosmos-RBNY game. Lawson and Numz tear the room off that place... We can be assholes in blue and white, or we can be casuals, but I want to go as a group. We don't even have to identify as NYCFC if people think its a dangerous idea. I personally think it will be fun just to catch that historic match and see what we will be dealing with Rival SG wise.

You guys will also boost their attendance numbers. Nvm the jokes about how you came to watch "real soccer" Pelé blah blah blah since your team has no players...Pelé...blah blah blah Pelé...