First Time At Red Bull Arena: Stadium, Supporters And Those Damn Drums

I also found a great image of the Tifo. It was a solid display, but look at the WTC on the right. I was cracking up at it haha

I think that's supposed to be the Freedom Tower.

Anyway, nice report. I have been wanting to hit a Red Bulls game for a few years now, but never made it work. It's a long way from here in Westchester.

This is an artists rendering of how the area around Red Bull Arena might eventually look like.

16447343-mmmain.jpg

The Global Financial Crisis killed any initial development but there are plans to start once again :

Luxury development eyed in Harrison near PATH station, Red Bulls Arena
http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index.ssf/2014/11/luxury_development_eyed_in_har.html

With the upgrade of the PATH station and the development around the stadium i think it will be a nice spot.

Personally i think they are better off as a New Jersey team, they dont have any relevance in NYC anyway so what do they have to lose?

Maybe one day a NJ ownership group might be interested in taking over.

Personally i think they are better off as a New Jersey team, they dont have any relevance in NYC anyway so what do they have to lose? Maybe one day a NJ ownership group might be interested in taking over.
I totally agree with you. While I understand they play within the NYC metropolitan area, the fact that they never played on New York soil, simply meant to me that they were never NYC. Unlike the Jets and Giants, who fought and bleed in the city for decades prior to their move, the Red Bulls will never hold that distinction.

It'll be called the Hudson Derby/Cup or Hudson River Derby/Cup. They don't get the luxury of a "New York" Derby.

SFphoto SFphoto AWESOME write up. It was like reading a Disney World trip report. Promise that's a good thing in my eyes lol
Thanks! And since I have an unhealthy obsession with Disney parks for someone my age, I'll take it haha

Looks like The Third Rail sold all 1,200 tickets they were allotted for the May 10th match.

Reactions: Paul
Can someone point to where tickets to the supporter section can be purchased? I RSVPd so long ago for this game, but won't get the link since I'm not a paid 2015 TR member.

Can someone point to where tickets to the supporter section can be purchased? I RSVPd so long ago for this game, but won't get the link since I'm not a paid 2015 TR member.

Just hold on. They are going to post another set of tickets for everyone that will be first come first served.

Reactions: SFphoto and Paul
I'm in row 5 of section 220 for the derby at RBA! Hell yeah!!!

Not sure where my tickets are. Let me check.

edit: I still don't know. I don't even remember the info for this stupid Red Bull Ticketmaster thing. So annoying.

edit II: I almost panicked! I was certain that I bought tickets as I went through a bunch of nonsense to get them. Couldn't find the confirmation in my e-mail. Then I remembered that I had to use another e-mail address to do it. I'm in Row 3 seats 7, 8 and 9.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul
Wait, so if you RSVP'd to the Third Rail ticket page and have not received a response yet...are you out of luck?