Away - 05/08 DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to this interview at the 2:25 mark we have Villa to thank for RJ. Villa needed someone to train with in the fall before the team formed and he reached out to RJ. Who knows who made the connection for Villa and obviously Reyna/Kreis were smart enough to sign him but the credit for the find may not be all theirs.
Good info. Thanks for sharing. Even when I endeavor not to stir the Reyna/Kreis pot, I still do it!

Good info. Thanks for sharing. Even when I endeavor not to stir the Reyna/Kreis pot, I still do it!

I didn't mean it to be anit Reyna/Kreis, I just remembered hearing it in that interview and I thought it was interesting. Still a good chance Reyna/Kreis were the ones who found him for Villa to practice with, who knows.

Reactions: Viewfrom226
MIX DISKERUD HAT TRICK FROM THE BENCH COMING ON IN THE 70' BECAUSE VIEIRA IS COACHING HIS FIRST PROFESSIONAL TEAM AND DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING!

Reactions: fanaka66 and Sabo
Looks like the team is taking the train to DC. This is the Acela Derby (even though that doesn't look like the Acela train, CFG is cheap). I wonder what the players do on the train? Villa? Pirlo?

Villa...

Remember, the foreign players (especially the Euros) aren't used to taking planes to matches. Most of the time they in fact use the train or a bus. Having taken Amtrak many times to NYC from Albany it is a much more comfortable experience than a plane! More room, less security issues, etc. If anything I would hope that CFG reserved a private car for them at least!!

Remember, the foreign players (especially the Euros) aren't used to taking planes to matches. Most of the time they in fact use the train or a bus. Having taken Amtrak many times to NYC from Albany it is a much more comfortable experience than a plane! More room, less security issues, etc. If anything I would hope that CFG reserved a private car for them at least!!
If there's an open set of seats across from him, then the car is reserved - no way a train to DC ever has an open set from NYC.

Reactions: Albany_NYCFC
I don't want/need to get into a whole back-and-forth over this with you and Ulrich Ulrich. Some coaches feel that public criticism motivates their players. Others don't. PV clearly doesn't.

His words so far are completely consistent with that philosophy. I happen to share it. I also remember plenty of people on these boards being highly critical of JK for having the public criticism philosophy.

If you want public criticism, I get it. I just have a different philosophy, none of which is about delivering an accurate assessment for the media/fans and all of which is about speaking the words believed to have the most positive effect on the players.
Ahhh, the old "vote of confidence" approach. I am with you in that I just can't see a problem in him saying anything positive so long as he is going to keep playing him. I think what is upsetting people is that, as per SOP with CFG, he is giving us no insight into whether he has any plans for change.

In this situation, there's just no other way to play it. Even if he's going to play Lurch, he might as well position it that Lurch took the job from another good keeper, not that he was handed it by a clown, i.e., there's no other option. That may be the bigger reason. If you're Saunders, you have to know he wouldn't be asked or talking about you if you were actually doing the job. It would be quite the psychological trick Vieira has pulled off if Saunders is actually buoyed by any of it.

A win today puts us in 4th with 13 points (Orlando would have a game in hand and 11 points). A win today by a 6 goal margin would put us in 3rd place with 13 points (Philly would have two games in hand and level on 13 points).
We're going all Barcelona on them with a 10-0 game, or if Saunders plays, 10-3

Another away game without the onion jeresy... Sigh...

When would we need to actually wear that jersey to color clash for officiating purposes? We'll probably wear it versus Kansas City since we'll be away and they'll be wearing their light blue or white.

Last year we didn't wear the black kit until our 4th Away game. Then we wore it for 9 of the next 12 Away games, at

CHI
RB
RSL
MON
RB
CMB
LAG
DAL
VAN

Status
Not open for further replies.