Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
New York City FC vs. Minnesota United
Sunday, August 20 7:30 PM ET
Citi Field
Apple TV (MLS Season Pass)

If Minnesota beats Nashville in Leagues Cup quarterfinals they make the semifinals (duh).
Every team in the semifinals plays August 19, the day before this game, in either LC Championship or third place game.
Unless they expect those teams to play 2 days in a row, this game then be rescheduled to who knows when and who knows where.
So go Nashville I guess.
Johnny Cash GIF

If Minnesota beats Nashville in Leagues Cup quarterfinals they make the semifinals (duh).
Every team in the semifinals plays August 19, the day before this game, in either LC Championship or third place game.
Unless they expect those teams to play 2 days in a row, this game then be rescheduled to who knows when and who knows where.
So go Nashville I guess.
Johnny Cash GIF
Ffs a game I was actually looking to attend finally....

As I posted in another thread, MLS has announced the Miami Charlotte game scheduled for 8/20 is being rescheduled because those teams play each other in the Leagues Cup quarters and one of them will have to make the semis and play 8/19.
Go Nashville.

Hany Mukhtar Soccer GIF by Nashville SC

Last edited:
Minnesota losing 5-0 with 10 minutes left so I’m not afraid of a Shwafta Shwafta effect. It looks like we play this game as scheduled. Loons starting right back got a DOGSO 30 minutes in, but that probably doesn’t carry over to MLS, but honestly who knows.

this is funny cause shwafta is a verb/noun now. its use needs to be spread beyond this forum.

Minnesota losing 5-0 with 10 minutes left so I’m not afraid of a Shwafta Shwafta effect. It looks like we play this game as scheduled. Loons starting right back got a DOGSO 30 minutes in, but that probably doesn’t carry over to MLS, but honestly who knows.
Win or lose as long as Pukki plays I’m happy. Have followed and loved everything about that guy since he signed with Norwich

this is funny cause shwafta is a verb/noun now. its use needs to be spread beyond this forum.
LOL. I'd prefer if it stayed within the forum. I don't want my username associated with that forever. Especially since the context I want to keep for it is vastly different from how we use it here. :)

Reactions: moogoo
I think Fernandez just arrived in country this week. If that's accurate, I would not expect him to start but we'll see.
Which is another reason why with 10 games left and Lee banking of the summer transfer window to get the players in place to get into the playoffs that business needs to be completed early so visas and other items can process as soon as possible. Every match matters and we need at least 8 wins to make the playoffs.

Reactions: Joe_Cos