Away - 05/08 DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is this week's preview of the DC United match. Leah was excited by this past week's realization of a strategic vision, so she joins me for the first minute or so. She also has a rant at the end about a topic that will resonate with many here.

Note: we recorded before the announcement that Rolfe would be out, but didn't think it warranted going back and re-recording.

SUCK IT UP, FRANK!!!

image.png

Last edited:
New foreign coach replaces one who had experience in the league
Relying on one play maker to come through in clutch moments
Top goal scorer with more goals than 2 & 3 combined
Our USMNT star has under performed for our expectations
Old American GK with a young international GK behind him

Not sure if 2012 Tottenham or 2016 NYCFC

New foreign coach replaces one who had experience in the league
Relying on one play maker to come through in clutch moments
Top goal scorer with more goals than 2 & 3 combined
Our USMNT star has under performed for our expectations
Old American GK with a young international GK behind him

Not sure if 2012 Tottenham or 2016 NYCFC
Well, that 2012 Tottenham roster had Heurelho Gomes on it, so are you implying that Saunders needs to take to the booth with a fake English accent like Friedel so that Lurch can have a similar meteoric rise, because HG has been bank for Watford this year? #StartEirik

Well, that 2012 Tottenham roster had Heurelho Gomes on it, so are you implying that Saunders needs to take to the booth with a fake English accent like Friedel so that Lurch can have a similar meteoric rise, because HG has been bank for Watford this year? #StartEirik
Gomes didn't play much IIRC, maybe some cup matches. But it makes you wonder, what if Johansen becomes a star for us and Norway and Rawls goes on to lead FC Cincinnati to a USL cup win before they make the jump to MLS in a few years.

Gomes didn't play much IIRC, maybe some cup matches. But it makes you wonder, what if Johansen becomes a star for us and Norway and Rawls goes on to lead FC Cincinnati to a USL cup win before they make the jump to MLS in a few years.
But but but we have a proven leader in net right now that's great in the locker room and has an unorthodox way of playing the ball with his feet.

Reactions: NYCFCfan
I have never seen more consistent, worse mistakes from a keeper. What is he saving us from? We've won two games in which he has given up very weak goals. The rest of the games we lost or tied, and I can't remember any extraordinary saves. He lost us the Orlando game single handedly. Hate when coaches just flat out try to bullshit the fans,

Reactions: S1ARK5 and Ulrich
Hate when coaches just flat out try to bullshit the fans,
PV's job isn't to tell truth to reporters or fans. His job is to build a winning team. I care about how his decisions (and words) affect his players and the outcomes on the field. I could care less how they affect the emotions of the fans.

I have never seen more consistent, worse mistakes from a keeper. What is he saving us from? We've won two games in which he has given up very weak goals. The rest of the games we lost or tied, and I can't remember any extraordinary saves. He lost us the Orlando game single handedly. Hate when coaches just flat out try to bullshit the fans,
It actually was single-handedly. He used one hand to tip the ball right to Larin's forehead.

PV's job isn't to tell truth to reporters or fans. His job is to build a winning team. I care about how his decisions (and words) affect his players and the outcomes on the field. I could care less how they affect the emotions of the fans.
Well obviously Saunders isn't listening to his coach because I wouldn't say his play can been lifted by the high praise - perhaps his confidence is brimming, but actions suggest it's just false bravado with the weekly gaffes.

In this case, if he really thinks Saunders is saving us, I question whether he knows what will affect the outcomes on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.