Away - 6/6 Red Bulls (U.S. Open Cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what are the roster rules? Only 5 internationals in the 18 or 5 total for the tourney?

Internationals:
  • Berget (intl duty)
  • Callens
  • Herrera
  • Ofori
  • Hountondji
  • Medina
  • Moralez
  • Ofori
  • Tajouri
  • Tinnerholm
  • Villa
Villa, Tajouri, Callens, Moralez, and Herrera?

So what are the roster rules? Only 5 internationals in the 18 or 5 total for the tourney?

Internationals:
  • Berget (intl duty)
  • Callens
  • Herrera
  • Ofori
  • Hountondji
  • Medina
  • Moralez
  • Ofori
  • Tajouri
  • Tinnerholm
  • Villa

Its 5 in the 18

He may disagree, but I can't imagine its a good idea to play Villa 3 times in a week, especially when the game following is vs Atlanta. There is very little travel, so maybe he does play, but last year was the first year he did play and that was when there was an 11 day break after the game

Last edited:
Reactions: dummyrun

Internationals:
  • Berget (intl duty)
  • Callens
  • Herrera
  • Ofori
  • Hountondji
  • Medina
  • Moralez
  • Ofori
  • Tajouri
  • Tinnerholm
  • Villa
I'm guessing we see minutes from Hountondji

RBNJ missing multiple starters to int’l duty and also travels before and after the game to away matches. Could a win be coming?

Nah, PV will start all his backups and we’ll lose 1-0 again on a blunder out of playing out the back with a backup squad. Sigh.

Reactions: Ulrich and adam
RBNJ missing multiple starters to int’l duty and also travels before and after the game to away matches. Could a win be coming?

Nah, PV will start all his backups and we’ll lose 1-0 again on a blunder out of playing out the back with a backup squad. Sigh.

Will Vieira still be the coach in 8 days?

I'm not certain if you're insinuating this with your post, but we didn't play with backups in last year's Open Cup.

Reactions: mgarbowski
I'm not certain if you're insinuating this with your post, but we didn't play with backups in last year's Open Cup.
We played with TMac *and* Mikey Lopez in the starting lineup *and* Stertzer was subbed into the game to test out his new cleats before promptly being subbed back off.

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH
We played with TMac *and* Mikey Lopez in the starting lineup *and* Stertzer was subbed into the game to test out his new cleats before promptly being subbed back off.
Well yeah, but that was due to domestic player requirements. Our limit of 5 internationals was already reached with Callens, Brillant, Villa, Maxi, and Ring.

Reactions: JayH and mgarbowski
Well yeah, but that was due to domestic player requirements. Our limit of 5 internationals was already reached with Callens, Brillant, Villa, Maxi, and Ring.
Everything is moot if Mikey Lopez is starting and two subs are used on the same bench player, and that bench player came in before Lewis.....

Everything is moot if Mikey Lopez is starting and two subs are used on the same bench player, and that bench player came in before Lewis.....
While I agree with you, PV didn't see Mikey in that way as he started several other games last year. From a lineup choice from PV, Mikey really wasn't a "backup" in this scenario.

But I am with you 100% that Mikey shouldn't have been seeing the field whatsoever.

We are going to have to have some backups because of the domestic player requirement.

Jonathan Lewis after still not being called into the 18 for this game
giphy.gif

Reactions: Kjbert and LionNYC
Status
Not open for further replies.