MLS - September 28 - Red Bulls (Away)

Yeah, his overperformance isn't really a concern because he's still generating so many chances.

Even if he performs exactly at his xG, he's scoring 0.54 goals every 90. Only Taty Castellanos, David Villa, and Monsef Bakrar (last year) has generated a higher xG/90 (min 500 minutes).

This also reminds me of one of fans' favorite players, Ismael Tajouri-Shradi and there was often questions as to why he didn't play more. He is perhaps the best finisher in NYCFC history. His total G-xG is 12.82 and second on the list is David Villa at 9.5.

While Tajouri-Shradi was an excellent finisher, he only generated 2.36 shots per 90 (12th best in NYCFC history) and 0.25 xG per 90 (19th best in NYCFC history).

We all see the amazing goals and celebrate those (as we should), but its harder to take specific note of all the times he doesn't get the ball and shoot because he's not getting himself in good spaces. And that is the skill that is more indicative of a striker scoring goals rather than how good of a finisher (which can also come into play as in Bakrar's case).
yepyep, that's why I quoted Doyle - his second point :)

I love me some goal scoring threats.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
After this goal he now can stop wearing “Gray” on the back of his jersey and replace it with “Tayvon”. Strutting indeed.
I'm so happy for him. And I must admit, as much as I've defended him over the last couple years -- as I've said many times, he's my favorite player, and not just on our squad -- not even I expected him to become such an effective attacker. I expected him to become adequate, perhaps even decent. But he's a legit threat now.

Rock on, Tayvon.

Reactions: Gotham Gator