Away - 6/6 Red Bulls (U.S. Open Cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. A number of the first choice XI cannot start because they are all basically internationals.

It’s an advantage that New Jersey has in this contest. Their well developed academy means they have a deeper pool of U.S. players than most.

For next week’s game, however, the absence of two U.S. players due to friendlies levels that a bit.

Got my $10 away tix.

They said the away supporters plan would be emailed next week - anybody have a rundown of how they’ve organized the group in the past?

Got my $10 away tix.

They said the away supporters plan would be emailed next week - anybody have a rundown of how they’ve organized the group in the past?
Ticket distribution about 2 hours prior to start of match at a designated location (usually gate C and bring photo ID), then RBA staff let everyone in about 50 at a time. That’s pretty much it.

Ticket distribution about 2 hours prior to start of match at a designated location (usually gate C and bring photo ID), then RBA staff let everyone in about 50 at a time. That’s pretty much it.
What if you can’t get there 2hrs ahead of time?

Murrilo and Escobar will be out on Panama WC duty. NJ signed a French left back. Is Kemar healthy?

You could say that Adams and Parker have been their most important players so far this year. Adams to boss the MF and Parker covers a lot in the back. Only bigger loss for RBNJ would be BWP or maybe Kaku.

Kaku will probably be out as he recently switched to play for Paraguay and they have a friendly coming up

Reactions: dummyrun
I asked my rep, they said that they will have someone standing by the gate until the 30th minute or so.
I'm probably going to be arriving via PATH with my friend... what's the best (and/or safest?) way to get to the stadium from the PATH station?

I asked my rep, they said that they will have someone standing by the gate until the 30th minute or so.
I'm probably going to be arriving via PATH with my friend... what's the best (and/or safest?) way to get to the stadium from the PATH station?
Go right after walking out of the PATH, then left along Guyon Dr. there’s usually plenty of NYCFC staff and law enforcement/security ensuring a safe walk.

Here's what I hope we see:

Isi ------------ Villa -------------- Lewis
-------------------Maxi
--------TMac----------Ring
Sweat--------------------------SAS
----Ibeagha/Callens---Chanot
-----------------SJ

Bench: Stuver, Ibeagha/Callens, Sands, Scally, Medina, who cares

Internationals: Isi, Villa, Maxi, Callens, Medina

Medina for Isi or Lewis. Sands for TMac if we need to go defensive. Any of Ibeagha, Callens, Chanot to start. Think we'll need all 3 in the 18. Give Ofori some rest, Berget a chance to recuperate. I hate Tommy in the midfield, but I'm not sure a defensive destroyer is needed more than someone who can make a pass against RB. And without Parker and Adams, they're just begging to be cut up in the back. This is a very strong XI for USOC but it makes me worry slightly for the Atlanta game.

Isi (int) villa(int) lewis
Ofori (int) maxi (int) ring
Sweat callens (int) chanot sas
SJ

Pretty easy lineup if we really want to go for it. Only other full on option is a backline of:
Tin (int) Ibeagha chanot sas

Here's what I hope we see:

Isi ------------ Villa -------------- Lewis
-------------------Maxi
--------TMac----------Ring
Sweat--------------------------SAS
----Ibeagha/Callens---Chanot
-----------------SJ

Bench: Stuver, Ibeagha/Callens, Sands, Scally, Medina, who cares

Internationals: Isi, Villa, Maxi, Callens, Medina

Medina for Isi or Lewis. Sands for TMac if we need to go defensive. Any of Ibeagha, Callens, Chanot to start. Think we'll need all 3 in the 18. Give Ofori some rest, Berget a chance to recuperate. I hate Tommy in the midfield, but I'm not sure a defensive destroyer is needed more than someone who can make a pass against RB. And without Parker and Adams, they're just begging to be cut up in the back. This is a very strong XI for USOC but it makes me worry slightly for the Atlanta game.
We need players in the midfield that will move off the ball and run - remember this is RB. That alone should disqualify TMac and include Sands. The kid is quality and needs minutes, and from the look of things Vieira isn’t giving him regular season minutes so conventional wisdom would suggest he’s part of the Cup’s starters.

And I’d like to get Scally minutes too, either as a defender if we’re leading or as a winger if we’re chasing - he’s got legs that can run at people at the end of a match, and we have few other options for offense.

With Atlanta on Saturday and the club showing no interest in having home field in this competition I think we’ll be running out the B side. I’m fine with that tbh, get those guys the playing time and go for double credit in the league and CCL standings on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.