Away - 9/30 Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atlanta's Defense is porous. They haven't been tested the last few games.

That being said, the Almiron-Martinez partnership is the best in MLS right now. Better than Go-Jozy. Better than Tommy Mac-Villa even

That being said, the Almiron-Martinez partnership is the best in MLS right now. Better than Go-Jozy. Better than Tommy Mac-Villa even

There are lot of combinations better than TMac-Villa in this league...

Harrison-Villa, however, that's another story.

Reactions: Fake Jew
To stay alive in supporter shield this is a must win. To keep hopes of second place alive this is a must win.
This is a must win.
I hear you, but I think a draw here would still be ok. Atlanta has a few tough games remaining on their schedule including at NJ and home against TFC.

I think we can still get the 2 seed with a draw at Chicago.

I hear you, but I think a draw here would still be ok. Atlanta has a few tough games remaining on their schedule including at NJ and home against TFC.

We probably can, but I wanna punish Chicago at even strength after that card fiasco last time.

Reactions: SoupInNYC

I can't agree a team is porous on defense when they have put up 5 shutouts in the last 6 games.
Yes they were all at at home. Yes the competition was weak. But we have 7 shutouts all year, and played as many home games against weak teams as ATL has.

I can't agree a team is porous on defense when they have put up 5 shutouts in the last 6 games.
Yes they were all at at home. Yes the competition was weak. But we have 7 shutouts all year, and played as many home games against weak teams as ATL has.

Atlanta plays on the front foot and stomps teams after they get the first goal. I watched the highlights of the Philly game. Ye god Philly looked like a speed bump, Atlanta just hits high hard and fast.

I know the narrative is that they are feasting on weaker competition, but Atlanta has lost one game in the second half of the season. One. Yikes. You'd have to favor them against any team except maybe Toronto (and a full strength Toronto - are Jozy and Gio playing again?)

We can get the 2 seed with a draw at CHI if Atlanta drops points as well on Saturday. If ATL wins and NY drops points then yeah, it's probably the 3 seed.

Reactions: Kjbert
Atlanta plays on the front foot and stomps teams after they get the first goal. I watched the highlights of the Philly game. Ye god Philly looked like a speed bump, Atlanta just hits high hard and fast.

I know the narrative is that they are feasting on weaker competition, but Atlanta has lost one game in the second half of the season. One. Yikes. You'd have to favor them against any team except maybe Toronto (and a full strength Toronto - are Jozy and Gio playing again?)
How many of those teams are good at playing the ball out of the back, or willing to pump it over the press?

Atlanta hasn't been MLSed yet. They've had too much success lately, it's gonna come back around on them. It started with Almiron getting hurt.

A true MLSing for Atlanta would be for them to lose the knockout game at home for their first loss at the Benz. Would also be consistent with Atlanta sports mojo.

with tata's "bielsa" esque strategy then they should break down by the time playoffs start....so far Almiron got a hamstring injury....but outside of that team has not shown signs of breaking down.

ill give them dallas and montreal for good home wins

Tata is making the mistake a lot of new MLS coaches make (e.g. PV last year) and putting too many minutes on his players before the playoffs. They lost Garza and Almiron and odds are 1-2 more will go down with an injury these Saturday and Tuesday games. They are young and played a bunch of games at home but I still think the injuries are going to catch up with them -- its better to slump in September and peak in October-November (Toronto and NYCFC) than the other way around.

Reactions: Ulrich
with tata's "bielsa" esque strategy then they should break down by the time playoffs start....so far Almiron got a hamstring injury....but outside of that team has not shown signs of breaking down.

ill give them dallas and montreal for good home wins
Dallas is in a fiery tailspin. They are hardly a good win.

Tata is making the mistake a lot of new MLS coaches make (e.g. PV last year) and putting too many minutes on his players before the playoffs. They lost Garza and Almiron and odds are 1-2 more will go down with an injury these Saturday and Tuesday games. They are young and played a bunch of games at home but I still think the injuries are going to catch up with them -- its better to slump in September and peak in October-November (Toronto and NYCFC) than the other way around.

i think garza is back

Anybody remember back in July when we were just hoping to be within 2 points of Chicago by this time so we would have a chance of overtaking them by winning out the rest of our schedule? Now a win means they can't catch us.

A true MLSing for Atlanta would be for them to lose the knockout game at home for their first loss at the Benz. Would also be consistent with Atlanta sports mojo.

I watched the condensed ATLvLA game last night and I wasn't that impressed with Atlanta. Galaxy missed many chances and basically gave up after the first goal, Guzan made some great saves, and Jermaine Jones is God awful.

maybe but i dont think they are phily/ galaxy level....NE got two reds in that game so i dont even count that.
NE is abnormal. I don't know if they are really as deserving of the Reds as they've been, or if they're getting the same sort of "treatment" by the refs that we get (they are constantly made a man down & we never get a PK call). I watched the red they got the other day, and I'm not even sure it was a foul, let alone a yellow or red.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Status
Not open for further replies.