Away - October 6 - Philadelphia

Status
Not open for further replies.
NYCFC reached out to me and auto-redunded the $10 tickets I got from them. Saved me an email and an explanation. Very much appreciated.

Unfortunate that it won't be so easy for TR buyers, and a little ironic given their general dedication and engagement!
I don't think re-posting this particular message from the TR President would be inappropriate, but I also don't want to re-post messages that are only for particular audiences.

I will say, if you are a TR member and bought a ticket through the TR, check the FB page, or reach out to the TR Prez for more info as they sent a message out yesterday specifically addressing this.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
So. What will actually happen? Does Dome heavily rotate or do we bring out the A team to continue match fitness. I am just worried for fatigue and random injury. I would like Maxi to sit out or at least sub out at the 60" he has been playing non stop for the last couple of weeks.

Reactions: Davo15
-----Isi-----Medina------GMS
-----------Maxi
-----Sands----Ofori
Sweat---------------------Tinner
-------Chanot----Ibby
------------SJ/Stuv

Get Heber more second half minutes for GMS, Slide Isi to the right, Medina left
Haak for Sands at halftime would be awesome, or for Tinner and see Sands drop to the back line.
Rocha/JPT for Maxi and have Medina drop into the CAM role.

Good to rest guys, but we also need to get some others up to match fitness.

Reactions: mgarbowski
I want to see at least 20 minutes of Justin Haak and at least 10 minutes of a Joe Scally, if healthy.

Reactions: moogoo
I want to see at least 20 minutes of Justin Haak and at least 10 minutes of a Joe Scally, if healthy.
I’d be surprised if we see Scally at this point. Two keepers made the bench over him yesterday.

I’m not going to crucify Dome for that (considering he hasn’t played all year, he’s unlikely to play in an important clinching-possible game), but I do hope that someone at least asks him the question as to why two keepers made the 18 over Scally, considering he’s supposed to have a clean bill of health.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I think it’s simple how to prepare for Sunday:

1. Anyone who has any type of lingering injury - rest. No use aggravating anything by pushing anyone.

2. Rest is not important after this game - their next game is not until the 23rd at the earliest. So play starters from your best 11 if they don’t fall into category #1.

I don’t think they will put a ton of prep into this game, supposedly they had four days off after this - which is badly needed. They played six games in 23 days in September. That’s a game every four days.

Rest up and try some new stuff. If Atlanta beats Montreal at home this game is meaningless for Philly anyway, they are locked into the #3 seed.

I think it’s simple how to prepare for Sunday:

1. Anyone who has any type of lingering injury - rest. No use aggravating anything by pushing anyone.

2. Rest is not important after this game - their next game is not until the 23rd at the earliest. So play starters from your best 11 if they don’t fall into category #1.

I don’t think they will put a ton of prep into this game, supposedly they had four days off after this - which is badly needed. They played six games in 23 days in September. That’s a game every four days.

Rest up and try some new stuff. If Atlanta beats Montreal at home this game is meaningless for Philly anyway, they are locked into the #3 seed.

Agree completely with this. Anyone even a little banged up sits, the workhorses all sit (Maxi, Mata, Callens?)

Get Ring, Chanot, and Tinnerholm some time, and set your subs early so we can get guys out of there.

Agree completely with this. Anyone even a little banged up sits, the workhorses all sit (Maxi, Mata, Callens?)

Get Ring, Chanot, and Tinnerholm some time, and set your subs early so we can get guys out of there.
Also agreed. A tiny part of me really wants NYCFC to win this game, or at least draw, to maintain a winning Away record. But it's a tiny part and the team absolutely needs to use it mainly to rest, or get fit as appropriate, and give playing time to guys like GMS and Shradi.

I'd probably go with a B lineup make good use of subs to keep everyone fresh. Tinny needs a run out to get his legs. Unless you go the opposite score and think it's bad momentum to go into the playoffs with potentially two straight L's.

This game is all about prepping for the post season so that we run out the best possible team 17-18 days later when the stakes are the highest.

But, what that means in a practical sense is tough to say. All of the below make sense.
  • Keep the regular starters playing so that they maintain form and cohesion.
  • Rest guys who have a nagging injury so that they can be 100% for the playoffs.
  • Rest guys who have had a heavy workload over the past few weeks.
  • Rest the starters so they don't get hurt.
  • Get guys who have been hurt some quality time to help them round back into form.
  • Give some backups quality time so that they are ready if needed in the playoffs.
Ultimately, the decision will rest with Dome, who is closer than anyone to the players and how they're doing.

Also, the right decision is probably individual to each player rather than for the team as a whole. Players are going to have different levels of injury, fatigue, potential dropoff in form if they don't play, etc. Plus, some are scheduled to play internationally the next 10-12 days and others are not.

My guess is that we will see some limited squad rotation - maybe 3-4 guys - and only for people who are prime backups. Let Sweat get out there; Tinnerholm needs a run if he's ready. Would be great to see Sands, if he's ready. Maybe give Medina another chance to prove himself. Otherwise, guys should play.

Mata’s played a full 90 (I think) for the past 3 games and might go play with CR (?) so rest him. Sweat it is.

Play Chanot.

Rest Callens if needed, he’s also played the last 3 games.

Play Tinnerholm (if he’s ready).

Ring plays. Parks is still probably not ready, so play Rocha or Ofori. Play Maxi - but pull him after 45 or 60.

Taty plays. Heber plays but might get pulled early.

Play Mitrita but pull him early if needed.

Sean John plays as well.

I’d like to see Sands get a run out if he is healthy as well.

Isi definitely needs to see some time as a sub.

N

ah im taking the train in. Couldnt find how to get in with the bus
Ah, you should have asked the third rail! :)
...If you're taking the train in, ask NYCFC (email the FO, they usually answer pretty quickly in my experience) where all the supporters are meeting, and they'll give you the location. You just go to that location (usually a block or two away from the stadium)

Mitri Heber taty
Mata Medina ring tin
Callens sands chanot
Johnson

Let Maxi rest. Isi subs in at half. If parks cleared he can play 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.