MLS - October 6 - Nashville (RBA)

So, the way things have shaken out, if we take care of our business tomorrow afternoon and tame the Coyotes, we'll be solidly in fifth with a legit shot at fourth on Decision Day. That would put us in a great position to make a run.

What a campaign.

Reactions: Gotham Gator
So, the way things have shaken out, if we take care of our business tomorrow afternoon and tame the Coyotes, we'll be solidly in fifth with a legit shot at fourth on Decision Day. That would put us in a great position to make a run.

What a campaign.

To make a run is tough. If we finish 4th or 5th, we'd likely face Miami at their place in the conference semifinals if we were to get past the first round.

If we want to really try to make a run and go deep, it's probably better to finish 6th or 7th, then you're up against Columbus and Cincy (barring upsets).

My goal for this season is to win that first-round series. An elimination in the conference semifinals would be a successful season for this club in 2024.

To make a run is tough. If we finish 4th or 5th, we'd likely face Miami at their place in the conference semifinals if we were to get past the first round.

If we want to really try to make a run and go deep, it's probably better to finish 6th or 7th, then you're up against Columbus and Cincy (barring upsets).

My goal for this season is to win that first-round series. An elimination in the conference semifinals would be a successful season for this club in 2024.
Every playoff opponent will be tough. But we've proven we can stand up to anyone when we're on our game. Just gotta take care of our business.

Reactions: ZYanksRule
Every playoff opponent will be tough. But we've proven we can stand up to anyone when we're on our game. Just gotta take care of our business.

When we're on our day, we can beat anyone. I'm just not sure we're consistent enough with it to be able to go on a deep run. I'd love to be proven wrong on that.

mgarbowski mgarbowski

This should have been our first clue.. 😂
I noticed but he's been late before, though not often. I figured life was happening.
We need someone else to just work the odd Saturday when our game is Sunday with the "It's not a game day, pay attention!" message.
I would volunteer but I'm not qualified.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Shwafta and moogoo
I noticed but he's been late before, though not often. I figured life was happening.
We need someone else to just work the odd Saturday when our game is Sunday with the "It's not a game day, pay attention!"
I would volunteer but I'm not qualified.

automated forum banner that displays on game days only? :D

i also just realized the game is at 4pm and not 730... i'm all out of whack. need to get my errands done.

automated forum banner that displays on game days only? :D

i also just realized the game is at 4pm and not 730... i'm all out of whack. need to get my errands done.
and the PATH is a shitshow. Gonna be like one train to Newark between now and kickoff. Also brilliant stroke kicking off at the exact same time as the Mets.

And the old “homeless team ” trope is about to be replaced by the “priced out of my seats” trope.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
WTF is this about?! Opening gates late due to security concerns at RBA?

Sounds like there was some sort of threat called into RBA, according to Glenn and Matty. Kickoff is going to be delayed by at least a few minutes; players have not been allowed onto the field so warmups haven't started yet.

Glenn and Matty now reporting police and bomb-sniffing dogs are walking out of the stadium and gate agents are taking their positions.

Reactions: Gene
Would have been nice if the club had sent out an email to ticket holders letting them know that PATH is fucked up this weekend. How fucking hard is that?