Away - Red Bulls 08/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
God help me if Pirlo, Frank or David's kids ever rock a NJRB shirt

Hahaha...as a former redbulls fan of many years and as someone who cheered big time for Timmy while playing for Redbull, this goes to show you, when I said a couple of years back that Tim can't wait to leave Redbull. His demeanor and his attitude within the redbull locker room, along with Henry, are the biggest reasons Redbull underachieved, that and Redbull management failing to get a true attacking mid to pair up for Henry is another lol....God i hate that team now so much!

This upset me a big deal. Dude played for the Red Bulls. He was big on the Red Bulls. I don't see a ex-Man United player walking into the Man City locker room.
Upsets you? Yea sure if your a redbull fan it should upset you a little but Timmy didn't leave in good standing with the team and the fans really so he is just sticking it to them subtly.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Ok let me add my two cents to this game.

If we field this line up, there is no reason why we shouldn't feel confident in taking 3 points. Its time to put up or shut the fuck up time for NYCFC.

Villa at ST up top.
Poku right underneath as a SS/CAM

The midfield of Mix, Lamp, Pirlo, and McNamara

Backline - Angelino, Facey, Hernandez or Mena, and Iraola

GK: The tall dude.

This is our best team on paper, and the best team we need to field from here on out. If not, then we are not giving our team the best chance of winning. On the bench you have Ballouchy, Hernandez, Saunders, Ned, and whoever else I don't care, It doesn't matter.

Enough with the BS lineups, lets get this shit going, and start to give it to teams for 90 minutes, starting with the fucking redbulls.

I hate giving scoring and goal predictions anymore because Jesus Kreis, but I think we're going to pull this one out of the hat and win 5-2. Somehow, our defense will actually be decent and only allow two goals. But our formation will hopefully be better and Kreis knows that regardless of what happens the rest of the season that THIS ONE MATTERS.

For all the shit Ballouchy got from the start, he improved, scored a few goals here and there, had a couple assists. Point me to any Winger/Grabavoy improvement. They've been very consistent...at being useless.

This is true, I'd take Ballouchy over Grabavoy any day but I'd rather not see him start over any of the following: Pirlo/Lampard/Mix/McNamera/Poku/Mullins/Calle. Even with the improvements he still misses wide open nets and has cost us a number of goals on defense based on poor positioning and a general lack of defensive skill. As for Sunday:

Ballouchy starts = Disappointed but I can handle it
Grabavoy starts = super pissed off
Ballouchy+Grabavoy = even worse and its borderline unwatchable at this point
Ballouchy+Grabavoy+Wingert = I'm turning the TV off and going to do something else

Prediction
Mullins--Villa
Calle Mix Pirlo TMac
Angelino Wingert Facey Iraola
Saunders
I'm thinking Lampard is not good to start yet, and Poku will replace Calle or Mullins in the second half.

Prediction
Mullins--Villa
Calle Mix Pirlo TMac
Saunders
I'm thinking Lampard is not good to start yet, and Poku will replace Calle or Mullins in the second half.

Just curious, why do you think we will see a switch back to a 2 up top formation and the return of Mullins?

Prediction
Mullins--Villa
Calle Mix Pirlo TMac
Saunders
If I had a choice between that and the JK mystery lineup behind curtain #2 I'd take that lineup in a heartbeat.

It's true - also August tends to be busy time for me ... stupid work ... stupid JK

one thing I do know is that NYRB have been far from shy with this transfer window. I can feel the breeze from across the state line lol

Tomorrow will be a fun day of transfers, at least. Have to imagine we're looking to make some moves, including that comment Kreis made last week. Chicharito to Chicago for 10mil would be a fun start.

Status
Not open for further replies.