Away - Timbers 05/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
A three-man backline against Mattocks-Adi-Melano would get torched.

As much as I want to stick with exactly what is working as of late, I think Portland is the caliber of team we have to gameplan around a bit. They are fast and wide up top, and have excellent attacking mids in Valeri and Nagbe.

If there's ever a game to sacrifice possession for position, it's probably this one. I'd have us sit back a little bit and counter attack. Start Mendoza on the wing and move McNamara back inside for this one.
Word. Sounds like fun. I'm gonna have to go watch a few of their games. I'm curious how they get the ball to their forwards / wingers.

Timbers having a disappointing start overall. After 10 games the defending champs are sitting on only 1.2 PPG and 9th place in their conference. BUT, that is mostly because they are winless on the road. with 0.4 PPG. At home, they are 3-1-1 ant 2.0 PPG. This is a tough one despite Portland's struggles.
So you're saying they're due for a home loss.

Is the point of your trip the game or the pay-per-view T&A???

Soccer matches are under two hours start to finish and there are 24hrs in a day.

I am usually not a fan of strip clubs. But Portland is unique. Many of the places are owned and managed by women. There is one that is all vegan.

I have been to Vegas, for example, many times but never to a strip club there. Don't want to. It seems skeevy and a waste of time. But in my experience Portland is just plain fun.

Soccer matches are under two hours start to finish and there are 24hrs in a day.

I am usually not a fan of strip clubs. But Portland is unique. Many of the places are owned and managed by women. There is one that is all vegan.

I have been to Vegas, for example, many times but never to a strip club there. Don't want to. It seems skeevy and a waste of time. But in my experience Portland is just plain fun.
So you're going for the vegan food... I get it, there's nothing like admiring naked bodies dancing while eating quinoa & flourless cake.

Thats just rife with joke potential but this is a family-grade site....

I love thinking about my trip and not why I want to fire the manager. WINNING STREAK!!!!!

Reactions: SoupInNYC
I'll be asking a reporter a few questions about the Timbers.

Anyone have anything they'd like to have answered?

Don't worry, I'm already asking about Grabavoy.

I'll be asking a reporter a few questions about the Timbers.

Anyone have anything they'd like to have answered?

Don't worry, I'm already asking about Grabavoy.
Yes, how about:

Was last year's Timbers team an overachiever that probably won the cup when they weren't the best team, which would explain this year's record, or is this year's record not a true reflection of the team's quality?

I'm curious what they think and if they can be objective, because RB is in a similar situation, having won the Supporter's Shield. I personally think last year was an outlier for them (RB) and they really are just a middling, middle-of the pack team that had a lot of cards fall their way with a system foreign to MLS. This year seems to be similar to the years before last.

-edit- RB in [bold] - wanted to clarify it's RB that's the middling team as a norm and not necessarily the Timbers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.