mgarbowski

Registered
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jul 16, 2014
Queens, NY
mgarbowski.com
I'm tired of people who accuse other fans of quitting on the team every time they criticize it.

I'm tired of people who tell other fans they should stop supporting the team if they criticize it.

I'm tired of people who accuse others of being shills for the team.

I'm tired of fans of other teams who tell us we should be grateful for those other teams owning us.

I'm tired of fans of other teams who accuse us of being on a bandwagon.

I'm tired of hearing in the preseason that our fans only support the team because it will obviously outspend and win.

I'm tired of being told you had to be an impatient idiot for expecting the team to win.

If you want to support the team no matter what and justify every decision and move it makes, go ahead.
If you want to support the team and criticize them constantly, go ahead.
If you want to show more interest when they win, go ahead.
If you want to take a perverse pleasure in their failures, go ahead.
If you want to obsess over every formation and substitution, go ahead.
If you just want to casually watch and keep track only of the final score, go ahead.
If you want to check in every couple of weeks or so, go ahead.
If you want to maintain an online cartoonish persona of humorous outrage, go ahead.
If you want to pose as the voice of reason, go ahead.

Just be the fan you want to be.

There is only one kind of fan you shouldn't be, IMO.
Don't be the kind of fan who tells other fans they're the wrong kind of fan.

I'm tired of people who accuse other fans of quitting on the team every time they criticize it.

I'm tired of people who tell other fans they should stop supporting the team if they criticize it.

I'm tired of people who accuse others of being shills for the team.

I'm tired of fans of other teams who tell us we should be grateful for those other teams owning us.

I'm tired of fans of other teams who accuse us of being on a bandwagon.

I'm tired of hearing in the preseason that our fans only support the team because it will obviously outspend and win.

I'm tired of being told you had to be an impatient idiot for expecting the team to win.

If you want to support the team no matter what and justify every decision and move it makes, go ahead.
If you want to support the team and criticize them constantly, go ahead.
If you want to show more interest when they win, go ahead.
If you want to take a perverse pleasure in their failures, go ahead.
If you want to obsess over every formation and substitution, go ahead.
If you just want to casually watch and keep track only of the final score, go ahead.
If you want to check in every couple of weeks or so, go ahead.
If you want to maintain an online cartoonish persona of humorous outrage, go ahead.
If you want to pose as the voice of reason, go ahead.

Just be the fan you want to be.

There is only one kind of fan you shouldn't be, IMO.
Don't be the kind of fan who tells other fans they're the wrong kind of fan.
This is hilarious. I agree with it entirely, but the irony makes me laugh.

I want to be the kind of fan who gets to celebrate a win once and awhile. Certainly would help my mood. Hell, I might not call out Brosky for a week if we picked up 3 once a month. Nah. Who am I kidding? I would still hammer him. He's shit.