(Bold) Predictions For NYCFC In 2016

LionNYC

Registered
Staff member
Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
We only know two of our games and about 70% the players on the roster, but what are everyone's predictions of this year? Predictions can be for whole club, specific players, team news, anything.

My bold prediction is that Mix Diskerud will have 10 goals and 10 assists. I think Vieira will put him in his natural position on the field and he'll be solid all year (pending any injuries). Bolder prediction, he gets a hat trick (even bolder...against the Red Bulls).

I think we can be a 3/4 seed in the east and go to the conference finals.

I'd also like to keep this thread serious please, thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: JayH
I will probably eat 12 cheese steaks, 10 spicy sausage dogs, 2 steak sandwiches, 2 chicken fingers platters, 5lbs french fries, 34 beers, and if the temperature is at or below freezing the first three games add on 5 hot chocolates.

Pirlo scores on eight direct kicks.

That by the third home game Gotham Gator Gotham Gator is leading the entire stadium in the Legend of Joey Ramone introduction chant.

We host the MLS Cup and Bono comes on the field to lead it himself!

Seriously, it's hard to guess at this point, but I think we are much better next year with everyone training and starting the season together. I will say 3rd in the East and a trip to the MLS Cup where we just come up short. 1-1-1 vs. Red Bulls. 4 players on MLS all-star team.

Reactions: JayH
I'm predicting that there will be a #FirePV hashtag before the first 5 games of the season are over. I'm also expecting a load of complaints across the forum about our performance regardless of the result. Oh, and let's not forget about that contingency who thinks that PV was the wrong hire for the club. I can't wait for them to bitch about how he doesn't understand MLS and was the wrong hire as soon as we have our first loss!

Oh, Poku is going to win golden boot, league mvp, playoffs and finals mvp, have the most All-star votes, win all star mvp, and win Latino player of the year.
(He's about as Latino as David villa who won that award last year)

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
With a new Baywatch movie in the works, I can see Baywatch night replacing Star Wars night. However all but the few people who were lucky enough to use their Citzyens points for the five available red NYCFC bathing suits will have no idea that it is, in fact, Baywatch night. Fans look confused as the Baywatch theme is played sporadically over the loud speaker, and are further confused yet amused when a jumbotron clip is shown of Jason Kreis drowning and then eaten by wealthy sheikh sharks.

Oh, Poku is going to win golden boot, league mvp, playoffs and finals mvp, have the most All-star votes, win all star mvp, and win Latino player of the year.
You forgot to include that he will lead the USA to win Copa America, be chosen as the VP candidate for the Presidential nominees of both parties (obviously leading to his election), and win a Pulitzer prize for his autobiography, due out this summer.

NYCFC's Pirlo not planning Italy return, amid Inter rumors

122815-Soccer-Ney-York-Andrea-Pirlo-PI-SW.vadapt.620.high.54.jpg

http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/sto...lanning-italy-return-amid-inter-rumors-122815

"I still want to play — I do not think about retirement," he told Corriere dello Sport. "But I want to honor the contract with New York City. I'm used to these rumors, but I do not move. I'm not in the U.S. to be on vacation, I'm here to have a winning experience."

Whew, glad I saw this before giving my bold prediction. ;)

I was going to say Pirlo joins Italy for the Euro Championships this summer and decides not to return to New York after the finals. With the freeing up of cap and DP space NYCFC adds to the roster.......Mario Balotelli........ who is super pissed for not getting called up for the Azzuri and decides a change in scenery and attitude is needed. :D

Playoffs at least, probably making it to the semi-finals.
A couple of wins over the New Jersey sodas.
One big-name, high(ish) profile signing, that none of us expected, brought in to the team with some creative accounting.
"We want Poku" chanted at every game he doesn't start.
When are our DP contracts up? If there are any up at the end of this season, i'd expect a quickish announcement about our next one.
Failed/bemusing fan nights.
Me to get in trouble from stadium staff at least once for being drunk and abusive.
Some crazy back and forth game that we win about 6-4.
Someone to get injured tripping over some badly laid Yankee Stadium turf.
At least one other player to sign up and miss the season through injury.
And more.

My bold prediction is that we offload one of Mix or Lampard by the summer transfer window. There's very few ways to create a functional MLS starting lineup with both of them in it, and they cost far too much to bench either of them.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Here are my predictions for the 2016 season:

I believe NYCFC will start off the season slow as PV will tinker with the lineup multiple times due to the current construct of the roster as well as the many additions we anticipate having. We'll be a streaky team, but I don't think we'll see the winless streak that we saw this year. My guess is that we'll have 12 wins next season and either fall just short of the playoff red line or be right above it.

As for roster additions, I believe that 4 of the 8 remaining spots will be players under the age of 25. With the current coaching staff that we have, I believe PV and his team will put an emphasis on scouting & development. I also predict that our back 4 will be 4 completely different players than we had towards the end of the 2015 season.

As for specific players, I predict Andoni Iraola will be our comeback player of the year & Patrick Mullins be our breakout player of the year and will score more than 10 goals next season. I also predict that both Frank Lampard & Andrea Pirlo will not live up to the hype generated by their signings and will part ways with the team after this season

So what's the order going to be order of top five NYCFC goal scorers?

My opinion: Villa, Mix, Mullins, Poku, Shelton

Reactions: TabascoDiva