(Bold) Predictions For NYCFC In 2016

Not a chance with Shelton. The dude gets scared when he gets to the box and always looks to pass first. Lampard will be in the top three.

I wouldn't count out Shelton so quickly. The skill set is there and he's got loads of potential. Obviously his finishing needs work, but I wouldn't be surprised if PV improves his game and we find ourselves seeing Shelton bag 5 goals by the end of the season.

I wouldn't count out Shelton so quickly. The skill set is there and he's got loads of potential. Obviously his finishing needs work, but I wouldn't be surprised if PV improves his game and we find ourselves seeing Shelton bag 5 goals by the end of the season.
When Lampard is left off the list so that Shelton can be included, that there is a problem with logic and reality. Shelton may very well turn a corner and become a finisher, but Lampard has always been the quintessential finisher and, per my point, will be part of the top five that LionNYC LionNYC posted.

I see a dude with incredible physical qualities and very little in the skill department :/ Would love to be proven wrong, but I don't know that "first touch" and "figuring out what you're gonna do with the ball before you get it" are things that you can learn at that age.

5 goals isn't unattainable though!

My picks for top 5 scorers in order are Villa Poku Mullins Lampard and Mix. But if we bring in an EDS winger I'd move mix down to 6th and the EDS to 5th.

Reactions: Gavin23
The eastern conference playoff line will probably be 49 points again. It's been that for a couple of years now. That means approximately 1.45 PPG. We need to beat the teams we should be beating to get here: Chicago, Colorado, Philadelphia, Salt Lake, Orlando.

The eastern conference playoff line will probably be 49 points again. It's been that for a couple of years now. That means approximately 1.45 PPG. We need to beat the teams we should be beating to get here: Chicago, Colorado, Philadelphia, Salt Lake, Orlando.
Agreed, and we will need 4 to 5 more wins. That will be harder than it sounds, I think, but is certainly doable.

My bold prediction is Jefferson Mena turns into one of the top 5 centerbacks in MLS. Last year we saw someone that was supremely talented in 1 on 1 situations but tactically out of sorts many times. I think a combination of PV, continuity with the team, and hopefully an established partner firm up a solid CB partnership. We can't keep switching.

To go off that prediction, I think our back line that starts day 1 will also start the end of the season, barring injury.

I see a dude with incredible physical qualities and very little in the skill department :/ Would love to be proven wrong, but I don't know that "first touch" and "figuring out what you're gonna do with the ball before you get it" are things that you can learn at that age.

5 goals isn't unattainable though!
And the upside of his speed also is the ability to create goals through fouls, PK's and DK's drawn, etc, along with the accompanying yellow and red cards. We saw glimpses of that last season with his limited time, drawing cards and kicks on acceleration.

Reactions: FootyLovin
And the upside of his speed also is the ability to create goals through fouls, PK's and DK's drawn, etc, along with the accompanying yellow and red cards. We saw glimpses of that last season with his limited time, drawing cards and kicks on acceleration.
His showing in PR shouldn't raise anyone hopes. How do you miss from there?

Reactions: FootyLovin
I predict that Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan will go on an epic rant after every loss
For that matter, what's the over/under on Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan rants in 2016? Assumptions:
  1. Full calendar year.
  2. Each rant post counts as a separate rant.
  3. 3 bonus rant points are granted every time someone sets Midas to ignore.
I'm taking the over on anything short of 2,000.

For that matter, what's the over/under on Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan rants in 2016? Assumptions:
  1. Full calendar year.
  2. Each rant post counts as a separate rant.
  3. 3 bonus rant points are granted every time someone sets Midas to ignore.
I'm taking the over on anything short of 2,000.
If people ignore me, why are they even here? If you're not interested in harshly stated opinions that have been proven almost universally inerrant, you should find a new hobby or a message board without an unimpeachable, obstinate asshole.

I predict that Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan will go on an epic rant after every loss
I predict we will have players and coaches do obviously stupid things to incite such a reaction. And hey, I haven't ranted about a loss in a long time, even during the season. I gave up about when I figured out that Kreis had.