(Bold) Predictions For NYCFC In 2016

I see a dude with incredible physical qualities and very little in the skill department :/ Would love to be proven wrong, but I don't know that "first touch" and "figuring out what you're gonna do with the ball before you get it" are things that you can learn at that age.

5 goals isn't unattainable though!
He botched nearly that many sure goals in PR alone. So yeah, it could happen.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Imagine if we go undefeated this season and win the treble. And all our players especially Lampard perform surprisingly well. Vieira makes all the right coaching decisions and Reyna makes all the right roster moves. Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan can you handle such a season?
I'll figure it out.

My current instance of Football Manager 16 has simulated NYCFC placed 9th in the East and Vieira sacked in August 2016. Virtual CFG has no mercy.

That said, the Chicago Fire is about to clinch a playoff spot, so let that inform your reaction.
Weird that - I think in my game, despite me poaching Poku and Tommy Mac (natch) the team ended up winning the title!

1. Saunders plays his way out of the starting XI, and finishes the season as backup keeper

2. A Man City loanee finishes the season as our second top scorer behind Villa

3. One of our DPs leaves NYCFC before the end of the regular season

4. One of either Mix or Poku is traded before December 31, with NYCFC coming out on the better end of the deal

5. Front office announces a deal to play at Yankee Stadium for at least the next decade

6. A 2016 draft pick becomes a regular starter, and is linked to Man City on more than one occasion

7. Attendance at home games stays within +/-5% of the 2015 season

8. Complaints about the quality of the Yankee Stadium turf and its affect on the Yankees feature on the front page of a New York tabloid

9. A non-DP makes the MLS All-Star game

10. A late turnaround in form sees us squeak into the playoffs. From there on - who knows?

Reactions: FootyLovin and JayH
1. Saunders plays his way out of the starting XI, and finishes the season as backup keeper

4. One of either Mix or Poku is traded before December 31, with NYCFC coming out on the better end of the deal

5. Front office announces a deal to play at Yankee Stadium for at least the next decade

6. A 2016 draft pick becomes a regular starter, and is linked to Man City on more than one occasion

8. Complaints about the quality of the Yankee Stadium turf and its affect on the Yankees feature on the front page of a New York tabloid

10. A late turnaround in form sees us squeak into the playoffs. From there on - who knows?

1. I'd love Eirik to get some starts, though Saunders playing himself out of a starting spot probably means we drop some points.
2. Possible
3. Don't believe this unless for injury purposes
4. Fuck no
5. I don't think they'll word it like this but we'll be playing at Yankee Stadium until we no longer have to
6. Brandon Vincent to MCFC, Jack Harrison to MCFC
7. They've actually expanded the number of season tickets this year (behind home plate, bleachers) so compared to last year we will probably have less sellouts and a drop in percent of stadium filled.
8. It's grass and the Yankees would not let this get out to the press. The Yankees made the playoffs last year for the first time in three years so maybe we're actually helping them.
9. POKU!!!
10. MLS CUP!!!

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
1. I'd love Eirik to get some starts, though Saunders playing himself out of a starting spot probably means we drop some points.
2. Possible
3. Don't believe this unless for injury purposes
4. Fuck no
5. I don't think they'll word it like this but we'll be playing at Yankee Stadium until we no longer have to
6. Brandon Vincent to MCFC, Jack Harrison to MCFC
7. They've actually expanded the number of season tickets this year (behind home plate, bleachers) so compared to last year we will probably have less sellouts and a drop in percent of stadium filled.
8. It's grass and the Yankees would not let this get out to the press. The Yankees made the playoffs last year for the first time in three years so maybe we're actually helping them.
9. POKU!!!
10. MLS CUP!!!
Hey man_ you have to let go and let God.

I'm on the same page with a lot of your predictions. A CB/LB draftee who becomes a regular starter for the team in 2016 would be great for the team. If Khiry can further develop his game and provides quality minutes, it'll be like going 2/2 with our draft class.

I do see an announcement with Yankee Stadiun in the near future. The team needs stability, and right now the Bronx home is the best we have.

I disagree with your point about a loanee being our 2nd top goal scorer. I truly believe Mullins can be our guy behind Villa when it comes to scoring goals. He's got the potential, and another full off season with the team can only help his cause.

I would love to see Eirik feature in a couple games this season. He's our future and the more games he has under his belt, the more it'll do for his development. However, I still think Saunders hold onto his job this season and we see only Eirik in our preseason, possible mid-season friendly, and cup games.

Frank Lampard scores 15 goals from an attacking role alongside Villa.

Pirlo stays deeper and finds his footing by linking with Poku

NYCFC defense improves dramatically, but mostly from gaining better possession.

Avg attendance > 35,000

Frank Lampard scores 15 goals from an attacking role alongside Villa.

Pirlo stays deeper and finds his footing by linking with Poku

NYCFC defense improves dramatically, but mostly from gaining better possession.

Avg attendance > 35,000

First prediction: Bold considering Villa only had 18 this year
Last prediction: I'd actually wager money against this bet and give you incredible odds

So how did we all do? I'll go first

1. Saunders plays his way out of the starting XI, and finishes the season as backup keeper - BINGO!

2. A Man City loanee finishes the season as our second top scorer behind Villa - NOPE

3. One of our DPs leaves NYCFC before the end of the regular season - NOPE

4. One of either Mix or Poku is traded before December 31, with NYCFC coming out on the better end of the deal - NAILED IT

5. Front office announces a deal to play at Yankee Stadium for at least the next decade - NOPE (ALTHOUGH WE'LL PROBABLY BE THERE FOR 20)

6. A 2016 draft pick becomes a regular starter, and is linked to Man City on more than one occasion - WAS JACK EVER LINKED TO MCFC?

7. Attendance at home games stays within +/-5% of the 2015 season - DOWN 6%. BAD TIMES.

8. Complaints about the quality of the Yankee Stadium turf and its affect on the Yankees feature on the front page of a New York tabloid - NOPE

9. A non-DP makes the MLS All-Star game - MIX WAS ROBBED

10. A late turnaround in form sees us squeak into the playoffs. From there on - who knows? - KIND OF RIGHT?

Reactions: adam and JayH
We host the MLS Cup and Bono comes on the field to lead it himself!

Seriously, it's hard to guess at this point, but I think we are much better next year with everyone training and starting the season together. I will say 3rd in the East and a trip to the MLS Cup where we just come up short. 1-1-1 vs. Red Bulls. 4 players on MLS all-star team.

2nd in the East, no MLS Cup, 1-2 against RBNJ, just two on All-star team.

That by the third home game Gotham Gator Gotham Gator is leading the entire stadium in the Legend of Joey Ramone introduction chant.

We were counting on you man.

But I wasn't at the third game.

giphy.gif

Reactions: JayH