City in the Boroughs - Manhattan

I expect a full report on your #startEirik campaign

Vieira's not attending, so I can't ask about his current involvement with the team to Claudio Reyna. I could ask about his future with the club though...

Vieira's not attending, so I can't ask about his current involvement with the team to Claudio Reyna. I could ask about his future with the club though...

anything to get the point across

I'm afraid I have to bail. I look forward to the reports.

Still waiting for a Westchester event, if anyone from the club is reading. They train in Westchester and I would be willing to bet that Westchester has more season ticket holders than at least 2 boroughs...

Still waiting for a Westchester event, if anyone from the club is reading. They train in Westchester and I would be willing to bet that Westchester has more season ticket holders than at least 2 boroughs...

They should throw a Long Island event first!

Reactions: NYCFCfan and Taurus
Glenn Crooks was the host of the event and asked more questions as follow ups than actual attendees. I don't know if it was setup but there wasn't a long line of people asking questions. The longest it was was three people. People would just get up when Glenn asked if someone had a question. Emily actually went through the bar and asked if people had a question to ask a question, like myself. Glenn questions were things I honestly didn't care about and provided no additional value to my knowledge about the club. He provided more of a storyline for the conversation.

I don't think I learned a lot more than I actually know about the club's activities and ongoing news. That being said some points from what I can best remember:

- LGBTQIA+ Pride Night will be held August 20th vs. LA
- Inclusiveness and diversity is a priority for the club in terms of its fan and supporters.
- Claudio referenced Khaldoon about the potential for a Women's Club (NYCWFC). There are no plans for girls in the academy but they may have a current girl's academy be an affiliate for NYCFC.
- Claudio is working hard to build the academy and that we'll see players on the first year team eventually. Homegrown Gio Reyna. #HGGio
- A permanent training location is being worked on in Rockland (across the Hudson river in New York). No papers are signed but it's progressing.
- The club is committed to being in the city and having the stadium within the five boroughs. Patricof said that real estate in New York is what it is and it will take time to get everything sorted like we all know. They want the best available location to meet the club's needs. He's working on it every day.
- Win! (NYCFC Documentary) won't have additional screenings but should be available on-demand, iTunes later this year, hopefully. Woohoo!
- The club (front office) wants more face to face interaction with fans like these events. Social media can only do so much in communication.
- Players have most control over their likeness in terms of marketing and advertising even though the league owns all the contracts. (I don't even remember the question or what happened during those minutes).
- Someone asked about supporter-security relations asking that supporters should be able to support the team how they want when we score. #NoPyroNoParty People, grow up, it's league policy no uncontrolled pyro, no streamers, etc, etc, etc.
- NYCFC don't change their tactics when at home on the road in terms of field size. Other teams might change what they do, per Ethan White, but it's not a concern for us.
- They're always looking to add players whether in the starting 11 or to provide depth. That being said, summer transfers are based on available salary cap space and Claudio indicated we probably don't have the available funds to make a big/medium move. Moves will be made in the offseason. What moves? Nobody knows. But Claudio said the priority is to bring in another defender and then another goalscorer to get some of the weight off Villa.
- They're always evaluating all positions from forwards to goalkeeper.

NOW THE BIG POINTS:
- I asked Claudio in person after the event as well I could about players signed by NYCFC playing for CFG clubs and possibly missing MLS play (Lampardgate). He didn't give me a yes or no answer on a guarantee that our players would be our players but he threw me the curveball that has been discussed before by users that Man City would sign a target, be able to spend that transfer money which we can't do in MLS, and then a free transfer to MLS or a loan.
- Mix is not on the trading block. Though I didn't ask about the transfer market??? Claudio says he has to earn his spot in the starting 11 now that Frank Lampard is back.
- In public regarding Eirik, Claudio said that Eirik is a young and talented goalkeeper that will be apart of this organization in the years to come. Regarding acquiring a goalkeeper, it's always a possibility like every other position on the field. Then I asked in person after, come on really, what's going on with Eirik not getting a shot? I asked if Saunders confidence would be shot or something? Claudio answered that Eirik was playing very well in the offseason but Saunders was the number one. Eirik apparently from not playing or something gained some weight and wasn't performing so well in training so when there was a possibility for Eirik to start during the multiple games in a short stretch of days Vieira didn't feel comfortable starting Eirik. Additionally Saunders is a big leader in the dressing room and on the field so starting Eirik could affect his regard to the rest of the players. Saunders has one more year left on his contract after this one. Claudio said that Saunders could be a good number two next year behind Eirik but nothing is set. Saunders is the hard number one for now. Fuck life. #StartEirik

Last edited:
Glenn Crooks was the host of the event and asked more questions as follow ups than actual attendees. I don't know if it was setup but there wasn't a long line of people asking questions. The longest it was was three people. People would just get up when Glenn asked if someone had a question. Emily actually went through and asked if people had a question to ask a question, like myself. Glenn questions were things I honestly didn't care about and provided no additional value to my knowledge about the club. He provided more of a storyline for the conversation.

I don't think I learned a lot more than I actually know about the club's activities and ongoing news. That being said some points from what I can best remember:

- LGBTQIA+ Pride Night will be held August 20th vs. LA
- Inclusiveness and diversity is a priority for the club in terms of its fan and supporters.
- Claudio referenced Khaldoon about the potential for a Women's Club (NYCWFC). There are no plans for girls in the academy but they may have a current girl's academy be an affiliate for NYCFC.
- Claudio is working hard to build the academy and that we'll see players on the first year team eventually. Homegrown Gio Reyna. #HGGio
- A permanent training location is being worked on in Rockland (across the Hudson river in New York). No papers are signed but it's progressing.
- The club is committed to being in the city and having the stadium within the five boroughs. Patricof said that real estate in New York is what it is and it will take time to get everything sorted like we all know. They want the best available location to meet the club's needs. He's working on it every day.
- The club (front office) wants more face to face interaction with fans like these events. Social media can only do so much in communication.
- Players have most control over their likeness in terms of marketing and advertising even though the league owns all the contracts. (I don't even remember the question or what happened during those minutes).
- They're always looking to add players whether in the starting 11 or to provide depth. That being said, summer transfers are based on available salary cap space and Claudio indicated we probably don't have the available funds to make a big/medium move. Moves will be made in the offseason. What moves? Nobody knows.
- They're always evaluating all positions from forwards to goalkeeper.

NOW THE BIG POINTS:
- I asked Claudio in person after the event as well I could about players signed by NYCFC playing for CFG clubs and possibly missing MLS play (Lampardgate). He didn't give me a yes or no answer on a guarantee that our players would be our players but he threw me the curveball that has been discussed before by users that Man City would sign a target, be able to spend that transfer money which we can't do in MLS, and then a free transfer to MLS or a loan.
- In public regarding Eirik, Claudio said that Eirik is a young and talented goalkeeper that will be apart of this organization in the years to come. Regarding acquiring a goalkeeper, it's always a possibility like every other position on the field. Then I asked in person after, come on really, what's going on with Eirik not getting a shot? I asked if Saunders confidence would be shot or something? Claudio answered that Eirik was playing very well in the offseason but Saunders was the number one. Eirik apparently from not playing or something gained some weight and wasn't performing so well in training so when there was a possibility for Eirik to start during the multiple games in a short stretch of days Vieira didn't feel comfortable starting Eirik. Additionally Saunders is a big leader in the dressing room and on the field so starting Eirik could affect his regard to the rest of the players. Saunders has one more year left on his contract after this one. Claudio said that Saunders could be a good number two next year behind Eirik but nothing is set. Saunders is the hard number one for now. Fuck life. #StartEirik
Thanks!

That gained weight could have been a result of never getting off the bench and depression (knowing never getting off the bench) - chicken or the egg.

And I'd love to know how Saunders leads on the field when he's in no-mans land half the time - that sounds like hyperbole/party line from a guy not making the decision and not sure what else to say.

Reactions: adam
he threw me the curveball that has been discussed before by users that Man City would sign a target, be able to spend that transfer money which we can't do in MLS, and then a free transfer to MLS or a loan.

CFG pitched the idea in the past, with Anthony Koura of Ligue 2, he didn't want to come on loan to MLS so it never happened.

I'm sure the moment it happens MLS will lose its collective shit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Colin
MCFC pitched the idea in the past, a French player IIRC, the player didn't want to come on loan to MLS so it never happened.

I'm sure the moment it happens MLS will lose its collective shit.
Fck'em. They seem to assign us all the shitty refs and give the Get out of Jail cards to LA.

Reactions: NYCFCfan and adam
Good job on the notes LionNYC LionNYC. I don't remember anything additional that was new. Claudio did emphasize that where he sees that we need help if we add is a defender and another goalscorer to take some of the load off of Villa.

Reactions: JayH and LionNYC
Good job on the notes LionNYC LionNYC. I don't remember anything additional that was new. Claudio did emphasize that where he sees that we need help if we add is a defender and another goalscorer to take some of the load off of Villa.

That's true, there's a priority of the needs to bring into the roster. Added it to the larger post.

Reactions: forfalskning
Good job on the notes ! I can't think of anything more to add.

Did White say anything of importance?

Not really. Perfunctory answers when called upon. But then, a) I don't think any of the questions were super geared towards him and b) I don't blame him for towing the company line as a squad player in front of his what is essentially boss (Reyna). Was very affable and seemed like a genuinely nice guy. (One interesting question was about pitch size, and he didn't really go beyond saying maybe a bigger pitch it better.)

Was extremely happy to see they had a Pride night in the works. John Patricof and a number of reps made sure to stress to me after the Q&A that this is something they find important and have had in the works for a while (and will have more information on soon). Just really great to hear.