City in the Boroughs - NYCFC Town Hall

Just signed up. Anyone else from the forums going? Would love to meet some more fans.

For out of city members:

Dough Bennett - Fan Services

'Yes- we will make sure that City Members outside of the 5 boroughs have a chance to take part in this experience. We are still working out the details of the other forums.'

No invite yet.
Just realized I changed my mailing address to my office so my STH package wouldn't go missing. Wondering if I'll end up with an invitation to a Manhattan one...

Whomever goes on Monday, please move mountains to try and ask a question.

Vieira MUST be put on the spot with the question: how many mistakes does Saunders have to make before Johansen gets a start?

Last edited:

Vieira MUST be put on the spot with the question: how many mistakes does Saunders have to make before Johansen gets a star?

Agreed. We've asked questions about stadium, formations, Lampard, etc. They never have been asked about Saunders/Johansen/Goalkeeping. It must be asked.

Vieira MUST be put on the spot with the question: how many mistakes does Saunders have to make before Johansen gets a star?

Though his flapping chicken wing thing last night made me laugh. I must have rewound it 7 times. Reminded me of one of these:

Unknown.jpeg

Reactions: Rimil

Vieira MUST be put on the spot with the question: how many mistakes does Saunders have to make before Johansen gets a start?
"Everyone has a chance to earn their spot in training, Eirik is working heard but Josh is a very good keeper. We will make the decision the week of the game."

That's the answer I think you'll get from Vieira.

Reactions: mgarbowski
"Everyone has a chance to earn their spot in training, Eirik is working heard but Josh is a very good keeper. We will make the decision the week of the game."

Fine, but make him say it to the STH's. This is as much of an exercise in letting the team know how the fans feel as it is a team PR event.

Reactions: NYCFCfan
Fine, but make him say it to the STH's. This is as much of an exercise in letting the team know how the fans feel as it is a team PR event.
I think if the question is prefaced with, "considering how you want the team to play out of the back...." or something along those lines may force a somewhat non-choreographed response.

But saying Josh is a very good keeper is like saying Frank Lampard is a smart use of DP spot. They're both lies.

I love how they are going to ignore Westchester again. I would be willing to guarantee there are at least as many STHs in Westchester as there are in Queens and Brooklyn and probably multiples of the number of STHs in Staten Island.

I love how they are going to ignore Westchester again. I would be willing to guarantee there are at least as many STHs in Westchester as there are in Queens and Brooklyn and probably multiples of the number of STHs in Staten Island.

ill give you staten island but queens AND brooklyn? id be willing to bet against that if there was a way to find out.

they are just doing what they have been doing all along...." the five boroughs" theme.

Even separately, Queens and Brooklyn each have much greater population than Westchester. Queens by a 2.4x factor and Brooklyn by 2.6x. So to have a higher number of STHs Westchester would have to be buying tickets at a good 2.7x greater rate than each. Together they make up 58% of the NYC population. They're much bigger than Manhattan and the Bronx, and Queens has the highest median income in the city outside of Staten Island (yes higher than Manhattan). That's a bold, risky, poorly considered "guarantee."
Also, if Westchester did have more than those boroughs the team wouldn't ignore it as much as was claimed.

That said, the club should have an event for the Westchester STHs.

The question I asked before receiving the quote I provided, was if STH outside of the boroughs would be selected to attend an event at a borough closest to them. Based on the number of STH out of the city, and since they "are working out the details", they may select this option.

Reactions: mgarbowski
The question I asked before receiving the quote I provided, was if STH outside of the boroughs would be selected to attend an event at a borough closest to them. Based on the number of STH out of the city, and since they "are working out the details", they may select this option.

If they want to do something like this for Westchester, they should just pick a spot by Grand Central.

ill give you staten island but queens AND brooklyn? id be willing to bet against that if there was a way to find out.

they are just doing what they have been doing all along...." the five boroughs" theme.
I meant Queens or Brooklyn, not Queens and Brooklyn.