NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Hello fellow NYCFC supporters!
My name is Dan, I'm out if Florida.
I got a bit obsessed with NYCFC because of their ties to MCFC.
I'm loving the interactivity of this club via twitter and that just kind of grew the obsession.
YES I am actually going to be giving away an MLS jersey and the 2 tickets to the home opener in 2015.
Feel free to check out the forum news for some background information on the site and learn more about why I made it!

Thanks for joining!
It'll be a slow start. I haven't posted on twitter yet. Waiting until the custom design is done to start throwing it out there. For now I don't mind limiting it to the hard core supporters so we can get some content on here.

This is cool. Glad to see something like this start. I'm Dale, currently in Central Jersey. I fell in love with NYCFC because I hate the energy drinks, and I love the Yankees and MCFC. Throw that in with the close proximity to me, and you got a winning combination :)

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
Hahaha love it. Even with being from Florida I always looked at the Red Bulls with a bit of disgust. How could you possibly name a team after a corporate sponsor?!

Glad to see something like this starting up. Glad to be able to be involved in a club from inception. Been waiting for a proper NYC team as I'm from
ct and despise the Revolution. Will be a season ticket holder and a die hard supporter. Though I am a West Ham fan having MCFC involved can only be a good thing financially. I bleed claret and BLUE

Hey guys, I'm Daniel and I live in Staten Island (I know, I know...). I'm a die hard Yankee fan and Manchester City is my favorite EPL team so when NYCFC was announced I instantly became a supporter. I never supported the Red Bulls because I wasn't a fan of MLS as a whole. The quality was just too sub par for me, I had been spoiled by watching Barca every week on GolTV (now beINSport). Despite that I'm excited to finally have a hometown club to root for and I'm now learning watching the start of the 2014 MLS season that the quality is getting better.

Hi everyone..

I´m Andy Charles, an oldster among the NYCFC twitterati but I like to have a forum to look thru now and then so all credit to Dan for creating this one :cool:

Welcome to the forum everyone! Glad to see so many of you joining. Feel free to create your own discussions as well throughout the forums.

Hey, I'm Dave from Queens. It's great to finally have a proper forum! I've been following on twitter as well as /r/nycfc. I've been looking forward to NYCFC since it was just a blip on the news years ago. A little disappointed that the Queens stadium was shot down...but I'm happy as long as we can have a NY team on this side of the Hudson.

I'm Gene (go figure). Looking forward to 2015. Hope I can contribute to the forum. Nice to see everything falling into place for NYCFC. Hopefully an announcement for the new stadium is forthcoming.

Glad we're finally getting or own team. No slight towards the other team in the area, but for whatever reason I just never could get into the Metro Stars/Red Bulls.

GO NYCFC!!!

Hey all, I am Alex.

Have lived in Manhattan all my life. Always liked soccer, but only started following seriously around the 2010 World Cup. Started with the USMNT, then got into Spurs in the EPL as well. Red Bulls never really sat well with me with the sponsorship name, and I had my drawbacks about NYCFC being MCFC's farm team, but everything I have seen from the club so far has shown that this will be an authentic NYC club. Really looking forward to next season when I can expand my horizons to following MLS with a rooting interest.

On twitter as @myboystepan which is more of a hockey reference (the other sport I follow closely) so figured continue with that trend, and hopefully we get some players announced so I can pick my boy for NYCFC (hoping for Jozy).

Reactions: Andy
My name is Fabio and I live in Napoli ( Italy ). I am waiting this team since 1994. I wished a true NYC team exactly with this fantastic name and now the dream has become reality !! THe NJRB are a NJ team, but even the Cosmos have been a NJ team, therefore the NYCFC is and will be the only NYC soccer club !!!

Hello all. I'm Kevin, I live on Long Island in Suffolk County. As a kid I went to the opening game of the Metrostars but stopped following it as I got older and hockey took over my fandom (Islanders fan). When I started paying attention to soccer again, I could not get behind a team named after an energy drink and that plays in NJ under a NY name, so I'm pretty pumped for NYCFC. I follow Real Madrid also.

Hello, my name is Keyaire, but you can call me Key. I am from New Jersey (minutes away from RBA). I have been a big soccer fan since I was in junior high. I'm a die hard Yankees fan and I instantly became a Manchester City supporter when the announcement came last May when NYCFC was form. I attended two Red Bulls games back in 2012, but it wasn't New York's Soccer Team. I believe NYCFC will do great for this city and the MLS once the 2015 season starts.

Hey all. I was wondering when a NYCFC forum would show up and start to become active. I'm dropping in from Hertfordshire in the UK (kind of near London). I guess it goes without saying that I'm here because of the Manchester City connection, and my interest with this club is partly because I'm interested as to how the co-operation between the two will work. That said, I do agree that NYCFC needs to be its own club and not MCFC-USA, and I'm considering trying to get over to New York in time to see NYCFC's first game, though for obvious reasons that may not pan out. Here's to hoping, though.

I'll probably largely stick to the shadows and hang around to see how the supporter base grows and develops, but if you want the English/Manchester City perspective on anything I'll be happy to give my two pence.

Hey guys, I'm Daniel and I live in Staten Island (I know, I know...). I'm a die hard Yankee fan and Manchester City is my favorite EPL team so when NYCFC was announced I instantly became a supporter. I never supported the Red Bulls because I wasn't a fan of MLS as a whole. The quality was just too sub par for me, I had been spoiled by watching Barca every week on GolTV (now beINSport). Despite that I'm excited to finally have a hometown club to root for and I'm now learning watching the start of the 2014 MLS season that the quality is getting better.

Hi Daniel. I'm a Staten Islander and Yankee fan too. Great to see other SI'ers around these parts.

Reactions: einwindir