Do We Have A List Of Chants & Songs That We've Developed For Nycfc So Far (if Any)?

PandaRaf

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 19, 2014
The Five Boroughs
I see that there's a bunch of polls, and I could go by that, but I'd rather check to see if people have settled on some.

Thanks!

Tons of ideas out there and you're free to share your own as well. We definitely welcome that. I think as we get closer to game day you'll see a lot more attention paid to this

Reactions: Sunshine United
I see that there's a bunch of polls, and I could go by that, but I'd rather check to see if people have settled on some.

Thanks!

Actually in this forum you posted there are tons of lists and threads with people sharing ideas. Just have a look around.

Reactions: CP_Scouse and Vito
Reactions: Vito
a bunch of us board members are going to get together soon...record come chants and put them in their own section once we have our new website

That's great to hear and I am sure everyone is looking forward to that as much as I am.

Now that being said. I don't want you to get right in there and start chanting. You need to warm up first... stretch and more importantly "hydrate" properly. You don't want to pull anything. #safetyfirst

Honestly I'd love original chants not just rehashed euro ones and definitely not the generic MLS ones.

I think those are the ones that are going to have to start in the stadium itself (or a bar). There's already 3-4 short ones in circulation from previous meets such as "If you hate the Red Bulls..." or "Shiekh Shiekh Shiekh" (Lil' Jon's Get Low) or "We're Blue, We're White..."

I'm sure I'm missing some. @lawson @BToto920 @Numz15 @Jon Sanchez have a great handle on the grassroots songs and chants.

What about A Tribe Called Quest's "Can I Kick It?"

possible lyrics would be:

Can we kick it?
(Yes We Can!)
Can we kick it?
(Yes We Can!)
New York City
(11 Blue Men!)
and all the others
(can F*** off, then!)

...idk i think the lyrics can use some work. But it would be nice to start and end with the original Lou Reed "Walk on the Wild Side" tune: "(and all the City boys go) doo doo do0 do-do-do do0 do0...etc" ...Or possibly just rip from the Lou Reed version, because it's also an ode to NYC.

but the ATCQ version allows for a good drum beat for the chant. Maybe more people can elaborate on this idea...?