Do You Feel Our Crest Is Truly Unique?

Another thing about CFG. I grew up a Knicks and Rangers fan, as well as a Yankee fan. When I decided to support those teams, I had no clue who the owners were, nor could I care less. Now that I know that James Dolan is a scum bag and I wish he would sell the Knicks, that will never happen. But guess what, the Knicks represent my city, thus why I still am a long time fan, same with the Rangers.

My point being is this. What other team truly represents NYC better then NYCFC? Certainly not the redbulls, and don't get me started on the NASL and the cosmos, puhleez. I know we fans are upset about the losing so far but let's take a step back and appreciate that we actually have a team in NYC proper that we can support. No one said it would ever be easy but its still our team.

Reactions: Goodfella
We don't care that we're owned by CFG. Our issue is looking like a cheap man city imitation.

I don't know about any of you but I think NYCFC crest is AWESOME! The light blue jersey is probably one of the better ones in MLS, and I know for a fact the black one is THE BEST in MLS. You don't have any light blue in MLS besides us, can't think of any other team off the top of my head. Overall I think the branding is very good considering the Man City ties. I grew in BK and Staten Island and I honestly do not know what the big deal is with us being owned majority by CFG. I think it is pretty great to be honest. Would we all want a local owner who has deep pockets and cares about our club as much as we do? Of course we would, that is IDEAL with any team but THAT NEVER happens. The next best thing in my opinion is what we have with CFG. Owners, with deep pockets that care about winning. WTF is to complain about?
I think the badge and crest are awesome too. But SKC is light blue too and the Columbus black kit is the best in the league :)

Reactions: S1ARK5
I don't know about any of you but I think NYCFC crest is AWESOME! The light blue jersey is probably one of the better ones in MLS, and I know for a fact the black one is THE BEST in MLS. You don't have any light blue in MLS besides us, can't think of any other team off the top of my head. Overall I think the branding is very good considering the Man City ties. I grew in BK and Staten Island and I honestly do not know what the big deal is with us being owned majority by CFG. I think it is pretty great to be honest. Would we all want a local owner who has deep pockets and cares about our club as much as we do? Of course we would, that is IDEAL with any team but THAT NEVER happens. The next best thing in my opinion is what we have with CFG. Owners, with deep pockets that care about winning. WTF is to complain about?
Sporting Kansas City uses light blue actually.

And I agree, the black kit is very nice. I wish they put as much effort into our home kit.

Reactions: S1ARK5
Sporting Kansas City uses light blue actually.

And I agree, the black kit is very nice. I wish they put as much effort into our home kit.
You are correct that SKC does use a light blue variant in their jersey but it is all mixed with a darker navy sorta blue. My point being is this, given the lack of history, given that MLS and Adidas control a good chunk of creativity with the jersey's and colors, etc...I think NYCFC really looks great. No doubt our black jersey are among the best, next to the Crew black jersey.

I think the badge and crest are awesome too. But SKC is light blue too and the Columbus black kit is the best in the league :)
I agree with you about the Crew black jersey but I still think our logo is better, obviously its all preference/opinion, and I think the light blue with a touch of NY State colors in the emblem, goes better with black then yellow and black, again just my preference.

Reactions: Amon
Just noticed this in that footie tennis video CFG posted:mcfc logo.png

I doubt that would be exactly what they would go with for an official crest, but its interesting that they chose to go with that circular badge rather than the eagle.

Reactions: Gavin23
My point being is this. What other team truly represents NYC better then NYCFC? Certainly not the redbulls, and don't get me started on the NASL and the cosmos, puhleez. I know we fans are upset about the losing so far but let's take a step back and appreciate that we actually have a team in NYC proper that we can support. No one said it would ever be easy but its still our team.

You said it better than I could had. Amen to this