Domènec Torrent Appointed NYCFC Head Coach (June '18) / Mutually Agree to Part Ways (November '19)

What Are Your Thoughts on Torrent as NYCFC Head Coach?

• Quite Really Pleased

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Really Pleased

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Pleased

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Neither Pleased or Displeased

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Displeased

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Really Displeased

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Quite Really Displeased

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
Watch it for yourself. He looks away, PR cuts of the interview, he looks back and gestures directly at Araos. This isn't a Zapruder film, but it's clear as day what he was doing and what he was saying. He wasn't calling the game a disaster.
Damn you found that fast. "Eres un puto desastre," so yeah, it's definitely personal.
fck that SOB - I do not want him associated with this club. I despise Araos, but he was asking a legitimate question, and I definitely do not want an arrogant thin-skinned chump as the face of the club hierarchy.

Reactions: NickA

Dome has a point, the question is soft. If Christian always asks him why a certain player wasn’t playing when they lose he has every right to be frustrated by it and let him know that. Berget starts and we lose and he asks him why Isi didn’t play. Don’t agree with the deragatory remark.

Dome has a point, the question is soft. If Christian always asks him why a certain player wasn’t playing when they lose he has every right to be frustrated by it and let him know that. Berget starts and we lose and he asks him why Isi didn’t play. Don’t agree with the deragatory remark.
Don't agree with the remark. But his rationale is solid. Hindsight is 20-20.

I'm sorry, Dan, I couldn't disagree more. The question is not soft. It's completely reasonable to ask the coach why he made the decisions he made. If he can't take that, he shouldn't be a head coach. The question isn't even criticizing him, it's asking for his reasoning. Completely reasonable, and as someone said above, it's a staple of every postgame press conference in every sport all over the world. Completely ridiculous for Dome to react to it this way.

Well, you know people are pissed when we're defending journalists on here (And for the record, imo that's a good thing!)

Dome overreacted, but so what. If we won the game last night (lol) and our manager called Araos a fucking disaster afterwards we would be calling him a hero, so enough with the handbag clutching.

That's fair. I don't think this makes him an arsehole so we disagree upon the premise. He lost his temper but that doesn't mean he is dead to me. Otherwise, I can empathize with 2).
I don't care he lost his temper. What lowers Torrent in my estimation is he makes it about Araos and pulls this "who are you to ask me this?" BS. It's the "respect my authority" mindset of a petty bureaucrat tyrant, and one of the most pathetic types of unjustified self-regard. Note that Araos never asks a question about himself or injects himself into the conversation during the press conference. Torrent does that. Araos just reports on it after the fact.

Last edited:
LOL at all the people who claimed with no evidence whatsoever that Araos misrepresented the exchange, and demanded independent corroboration. Because now that we have it every single one of you just became a walking example of confirmation bias. No one person has said "I was wrong. The tape proved me wrong. I was wrong to castigate Araos due to my biases." Nope, you're all just back to "but Araos is really bad."

LOL at all the people who claimed with no evidence whatsoever that Araos misrepresented the exchange, and demanded independent corroboration. Because now that we have it every single one of you just became a walking example of confirmation bias. No one person has said "I was wrong. The tape proved me wrong. I was wrong to castigate Araos due to my biases." Nope, you're all just back to "but Araos is really bad."
I was wrong. But, to be fair, I didn’t say anything against Araos, I just thought it was just such a weird, overreacting response from Dome that I questioned it. And now that it’s been confirmed, I still feel that it was a weird response

Reactions: adam and mgarbowski
There's a difference between arrogance and confidence. He's undeservingly arrogant, like he's above all this MLS kids league nonsense. I feel as though he thinks he has nothing to prove here and we should be lucky to have him. I'd rather a humble guy trying to prove his worth everyday through accountability.

Reactions: adam and mgarbowski

Fuck off man. Araos is a piece of shit and has a history of bending the truth. And I’m being kind in that interpretation.

Time and again he’s made himself the story by lying and exaggerating. So yea. I think it’s fair we asked for actual evidence considering the source.

Sorry we didn't jump out of bed this morning to give you your internet vindication. Please forgive us.

Reactions: Kjbert
dude is staying i dont think CFG fires him, and if they do who in the CFG network are they bringing in.

I don't think Dome deserves to stay, but I also don't think the team makes the move. They'll give him the offseason and they'll give him next year. Question is, if we struggle out of the gate, how long in his leash?

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I don't think Dome deserves to stay, but I also don't think the team makes the move. They'll give him the offseason and they'll give him next year. Question is, if we struggle out of the gate, how long in his leash?

all of 2019. unless villa is unhappy ( assuming he stays).