Draft Results

Wow

Do you understand how to win as black playing the Pirc as well
I can honestly say I have no understanding of this (though a vague idea what you mean) and look forward to watching this play out whether you are right or not

Basically, every team is capped at eight international players each. They don't have to use them all, but they have eight reserved spots. However, if another team isn't using theirs, you can buy one off them for a limited time in exchange for a tradeable resource - a player, a draft pick, allocation money (used to reduce players' salaries by paying it direct from MLS, useful for keeping salaries within the restrictions) etc. If a team acquires an extra international spot, it means that they want to use it, otherwise you're just wasting resources. Considering the salary cap is quite tight, allocation money (what NYCFC bought their international spot with) is an important commodity that you don't just hand out freely.

Reactions: Paul and MrE
Reyna said on MLS TV they will bring in 7 more players

I'm starting to think some of the drafted guys are going to be traded because why have 9 international slots

Reactions: Paul
Reyna said on MLS TV they will bring in 7 more players

I'm starting to think some of the drafted guys are going to be traded because why have 9 international slots
A review:
1- David Villa
2- Frank Lampard
3- Future DP #3
4-7- ManCity loanees
8- Some great non-American signing
9- Some great non-American signing

I don't think its that outrageous. Especially if you think of the players out there in MLS that would require one, the ones rumored for NYCFC (Calle, Luiz Antonio or Negueba of Flamengo etc).

Reactions: Kjbert
Based on the WSJ article and Reyna's comments, this is what they are looking at to fill out the roster moving forward:

GK:
Josh Saunders
Ryan Meara
GK 3

D:
Jeb Brovsky
Kwame Watson-Siriboe
Josh Williams
Jason Hernandez
John George
Chris Wingert
D 7
D 8

MF:
Andrew Jacobson
Matthew Dunn
Frank Lampard
Ned Grabavoy
Thomas McNamara
Mehdi Ballouchy
MF 7
MF 8
MF 9
MF 10

F:
David Villa
Patrick Mullins
Tony Taylor
F 4
F 5
F 6

SO! Looks like we need another Goalkeepers by camp, another two defenders 4 midfielders and 3 more Forwards.

For those of you who know the MCFC U-21 team, is there a GK over there? Is there a MF over there you like? And beyond Donyoh and Iheanacho, is there a Forward you like?

With the Super Draft, the top names are F Cyle Larin, MF Cristian Roldan, MF Leo Stolz, D Michael Amick, D Joshua Yaro.

Angus Gunn would be the best of the GKs, I think he'll play for England one day and he's getting to the age where he needs to be playing mens football.

Midfielders... Depends what you're after, defensively/deep lying playmaker Kean Bryan and Jack Byrne look promising, Bryan in particular is a very clever player, always in the right place. More attacking central midfielders ready for a loan would be Seko Fofana (currently on loan at Fulham) or Olivier Ntcham.

I think Iheanacho will be staying in Manchester. Aguero's injury has highlighted how light we are up front, we've finally applied for a work permit apparently, I think he'll be given a shot.

Thierry Ambrose looks very promising, he's been stuck out wide recently (they like to get the players to play in unfamiliar positions) but he's a central striker, can't stop scoring and plenty of assists too.

Wide forwards. Brandon Barker would be the one I'd push for if I were Kreis. I think he's got it. Loves taking his man on, great shot and a great cross. Bersant Celina has been playing centrally recently but normally plays wider, always seems to be amongst the goals, good set piece too. There's Jordi Hiwula and Devante Cole (son of Andy) too who've had loans of varying success into league one recently.

No. We traded allocation money for an international spot, which means Kreis and Reyna are serious about bringing in an extra international player, and we still have seven spots to fill - seven that aren't going to be filled in the SuperDraft. We might fill two or three from trades, but I see most of them being players signed from outside the league.

Gotcha, but it does seem like a majority of the team is in place.

I find it interesting that any and all player acquisition thread turns into which ManCity loanee will NYCFC get.

There is a thread for that.

This also suggests that there is more than one player acquisition thread when there is already a thread for that ;)

I dont think anyone did this on purpose Magnus, but you are correct, and we now seem to be back on track !

Nycfc didn't take anyone today the re-entry draft stage 1 but I'm thinking stage 2 may be busier for Kreis and Reyna.

Is anyone worried about some of our draftees' injury histories? Ballouchy has torn his ACL twice, John sat out all of last season due to an unconfirmed knee problem and underwent osteoplasty on his right knee in August, McNamara tore his ACL last season, and Zizzo tore his ACL in 2009. I know Zizzo is no longer with us, but Meara only recently recovered from a serious hip injury. Too risky or not too concerning?

Is anyone worried about some of our draftees' injury histories? Ballouchy has torn his ACL twice, John sat out all of last season due to an unconfirmed knee problem and underwent osteoplasty on his right knee in August, McNamara tore his ACL last season, and Zizzo tore his ACL in 2009. I know Zizzo is no longer with us, but Meara only recently recovered from a serious hip injury. Too risky or not too concerning?
Totally legit concern. Hopefully Kreis took that into account when drafting them.

Makes you wonder how those knees are gonna hold up on a transformed baseball field.

Hopefully we don't end up knee deep in shit.

The Yankees get plenty of old timers to come finish out their careers playing in the outfield, and I've never heard any complaints of the grass there. I bet the field is going to be beautiful.

Yeah, with the possible exception of the one section that will be sod over the hard infield dirt, I'd much rather have those knees on Yankees Stadium grass than CityLink or Gillette Stadium turf.

We got our physical trainer from Atletico Madrid, maybe he can hook us up with horse placenta haha

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
We should have tried to use the Ferran and Txiki connection to get Barcelonas acting coach.