Draft Results

Based on the WSJ article and Reyna's comments, this is what they are looking at to fill out the roster moving forward:

GK:
Josh Saunders
Ryan Meara
GK 3

D:
Jeb Brovsky
Kwame Watson-Siriboe
Josh Williams
Jason Hernandez
John George
Chris Wingert
D 7
D 8

MF:
Andrew Jacobson
Matthew Dunn
Frank Lampard
Ned Grabavoy
Thomas McNamara
Mehdi Ballouchy
MF 7
MF 8
MF 9
MF 10

F:
David Villa
Patrick Mullins
Tony Taylor
F 4
F 5
F 6

SO! Looks like we need another Goalkeepers by camp, another two defenders 4 midfielders and 3 more Forwards.

For those of you who know the MCFC U-21 team, is there a GK over there? Is there a MF over there you like? And beyond Donyoh and Iheanacho, is there a Forward you like?

With the Super Draft, the top names are F Cyle Larin, MF Cristian Roldan, MF Leo Stolz, D Michael Amick, D Joshua Yaro.

Makes no sense if there isn't an option to buy after the loan. I love Meara but there has to be something we are missing. Especially if he has to sit for every game against our so called "rivals".

Reactions: Kjbert
I have no idea what Orlando was thinking with Ricketts as Pick 1. I mean, trade bait? What are they going to do with 2 GKs on their roster? There's gotta be another trade.

Regardless, that was awesome for NYCFC because it really gave them an advantage. Picked up a great mix of talent; now to see what the trading flurry brings.
2 goalies on the roster? Really?? You are dumb if you dont have 2 if not 3 in case of injury

Makes no sense if there isn't an option to buy after the loan. I love Meara but there has to be something we are missing. Especially if he has to sit for every game against our so called "rivals".

If it's just a loan, I don't think is a good deal. We take the risk, if Meara performs as we expect (well) we are just increasing the value of a rival's asset.

2 goalies on the roster? Really?? You are dumb if you dont have 2 if not 3 in case of injury

It's not just that they're goalies, it's that they're starting goalies with starting goalie salary. Orlando is eating up a ton of cap space for Ricketts and Hall. That's not smart, especially when you had other options of players to pick up who are young and cheap. Getting a 2nd or 3rd GK is smart; spending your precious depth on GK in MLS isn't.

If it's just a loan, I don't think is a good deal. We take the risk, if Meara performs as we expect (well) we are just increasing the value of a rival's asset.

Meara signed a new deal in Dec 2012. Two years of that have gone already, there can't be much more than a year on his contract after that.

So RBNY probably has a year left once the loan expires. At that point, if Meara likes NYCFC he can push to stay (which happens sometimes on loans....) and RBNY will be in a worse position then they are now, because the contract length is shorter and there's a good chance Meara could just walk, leaving RBNY nothing.

Besides, Zizzo was the 9th pick in the draft. Looking at fans from his previous stops they're...not super thrilled about him. It's not a steep price.

So worst case, he comes here, hates NYCFC, and we saved 300,000 in allocation money. Best case, he loves NYCFC and wants to stay, and both he and NYCFC come to the table with RBNY in a better position then they're in today. There is risk involved if he plays astronomically well, but having someone play too well for you isn't the worst problem to have. Besides, RBNY was going to loan him out somewhere to get experience. Why not help us out?

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
No it sounds right, Meara to NYCFC for a year loan, Zizzo to RB for a year loan. Better than the other rumors.

Really happy with the draft today. I wish I could get on here earlier and talk with you cool cats but I was very busy today.

NYCFC still has 7 International Slots to use. Lets say one on the DP (CAM?), 4 on MC loanees, still have 2 free.

Kreis now has 5 of his former RSL players with him (Watson, Saunders, Grabavoy, Wingert and Ballouchy).

According to Nick Chavez on twitter Javier Calle from Columbia has had positive talks with NYCFC but won't be a designated player. - I re-posted this on player rumors sorry I thought I had that page open when I posted this.

I've moved a load of the discussion to the Player Rumours thread here. I know it was innocent and it's not a problem, just aim to keep threads focused on one topic.

Based on the WSJ article and Reyna's comments, this is what they are looking at to fill out the roster moving forward:

GK:
Josh Saunders
Ryan Meara
GK 3

D:
Jeb Brovsky
Kwame Watson-Siriboe
Josh Williams
Jason Hernandez
John George
Chris Wingert
D 7
D 8

MF:
Andrew Jacobson
Matthew Dunn
Frank Lampard
Ned Grabavoy
Thomas McNamara
Mehdi Ballouchy
MF 7
MF 8
MF 9
MF 10

F:
David Villa
Patrick Mullins
Tony Taylor
F 4
F 5
F 6

SO! Looks like we need another Goalkeepers by camp, another two defenders 4 midfielders and 3 more Forwards.

For those of you who know the MCFC U-21 team, is there a GK over there? Is there a MF over there you like? And beyond Donyoh and Iheanacho, is there a Forward you like?

With the Super Draft, the top names are F Cyle Larin, MF Cristian Roldan, MF Leo Stolz, D Michael Amick, D Joshua Yaro.

So is it safe to say that this is our team, minus some trades that will happen from now until opening day?

So is it safe to say that this is our team, minus some trades that will happen from now until opening day?

Yeah, I would think so. 1 (or 2) additional DP, a pick in the super draft, a trade or 2, and that's about it.

Reactions: USAfan6

No. We traded allocation money for an international spot, which means Kreis and Reyna are serious about bringing in an extra international player, and we still have seven spots to fill - seven that aren't going to be filled in the SuperDraft. We might fill two or three from trades, but I see most of them being players signed from outside the league.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
No. We traded allocation money for an international spot, which means Kreis and Reyna are serious about bringing in an extra international player, and we still have seven spots to fill - seven that aren't going to be filled in the SuperDraft. We might fill two or three from trades, but I see most of them being players signed from outside the league.

Wow

Do you understand how to win as black playing the Pirc as well
I can honestly say I have no understanding of this (though a vague idea what you mean) and look forward to watching this play out whether you are right or not