Euro Leagues In Tatters As Qatar '22 Set To Be Played In The Winter!

What a mess. How many matches did the guys who played in the recent Asia and Africa cups miss? 4-5 matches?

If UEFA doesn't release players how many European teams can actually field a team?

Why don't individual countries' FA's band together and start a "global cup" for summer 2022. Host it in Europe or USA where no stadiums need to be built and invite all the teams that deserve to make it. Just make fifa's cup irrelevant when no one shows up in the winter after playing for the global cup in the summer! Can't be that hard to plan with 7 years notice.

Reactions: Kinkladze
MLS is safe and sound for one World Cup cycle. :D

Btw, I'm purely extrapolating this from the fact that Fox got the 2026 tv rights in a no-bid contest.
Actually, if the Qatar WC 2022 happens in November and December, that would be disastrous for MLS. The last few years the playoffs started in late October, ran through November and the final was played the first week of December. If 30-40 of MLS's best players are in the WC, that would be a terrible situation.

What a mess. How many matches did the guys who played in the recent Asia and Africa cups miss? 4-5 matches?

If UEFA doesn't release players how many European teams can actually field a team?
It gives the lower teams a chance to advance in the tables!
There needs to be a new governing body for soccer. This is getting to be ridiculous. With the technology crisis, the corruption, the favoritism, conspiracies...

What will the major European leagues do where most of the top teams lose their players? I'm thinking teams like Barcelona, Madrid, Bayern Munich, City, and Chelsea would lose just about their entire starting line ups. Would the leagues take a break or continue without the best players and the best teams?

What will the major European leagues do where most of the top teams lose their players? I'm thinking teams like Barcelona, Madrid, Bayern Munich, City, and Chelsea would lose just about their entire starting line ups. Would the leagues take a break or continue without the best players and the best teams?

I read somewhere the plan was to eliminate international dates so they can consolidate league schedules. Does that mean no champions league??? This one giant flustercluck!

Someone has to start a campaign. Just say no, to fifa.

I read somewhere the plan was to eliminate international dates so they can consolidate league schedules. Does that mean no champions league??? This one giant flustercluck!

Someone has to start a campaign. Just say no, to fifa.
That might mean removing the international breaks that give us a few week gaps between league games.

Reactions: adam
That might mean removing the international breaks that give us a few week gaps between league games.

Didn't think of that, I'm off my game. Good call. Then that means no freindlies to prepare for WC. Still not very promising. Not to mention those pre-WC are nice revenue streams for the NTs that play in them. Wonder how they'll feel about losing those.

If we don't have those international friendlies that cause week breaks, would it makes sense to play during those weeks so the season/playoffs end earlier?

If we don't have those international friendlies that cause week breaks, would it makes sense to play during those weeks so the season/playoffs end earlier?
If Qatar WC is really happening in November-December I certainly hope you are right.

Reactions: Kinkladze
The best solution is to not have the WC in Qatar and not have the WC in the winter! Although why would FIFA do anything that makes sense?