Euthanasia

Vinjay

Registered
Mar 19, 2014
There's a thread saying the Warzone should be removed.

Well in response to that here's a controversial topic to get this board back to what it was supposed to be about. Emotive, challenging, non football topics.

Euthanasia is illegal in every state in the US. Its also illegal in the UK which of course is relevant to a large percentage of members.

I don't even need to go into depth on this. Terminally ill people enduring excessive levels of suffering should be able to end their life as they see fit.

Its a common sense matter but unfortunately religion comes into it.

It might be as "black and white" as that for me but for some of you perhaps there's more "shades of gray" involved. Lets see your thoughts...

Since I started "the other tread" let me contribute to this one too... errr.... no! It feels it aint worth my time... :cool:

And sorry to everyone who is effected by this But this is a soccer forum, not a place to cry the heavens!

The Captain and I may disagree on some things but this I am afraid is definately a debate for the (way) off topic forum

Well the "off topic" section hasn't really been defined but here's the differences as I see it. Maybe there should be a clearer definition between the two...

"Off topic" is of course non football but for lighter issues such as those covered by TMZ, sports outside football or major primetime TV. The Warzone is the part of the board that never apologises for "pulling no punches." This is exactly where heavy topics like this one belong. The first ever thread created in this forum (which had a grand total of zero replies) concerned a topic about as taboo you can get. That was intentionally created to establish what this board is supposed to be about. The difference is the taboo topics could be somewhat funny as well as debate provoking. Euthanasia is covered mainstream enough so as not to be taboo and there's nothing remotely amusing about it.

Aside from the football related stuff "Warzone" has been a success as far as I'm concerned. Not a colossal success but certainly something different. Some of the threads will hopefully keep running for a long time as the board gets busier.

Last edited:
BACK ON TRACK..... Euthansia should be legal, along with abortion and the death penalty. EXAMPLE: if im a 95 y/o man who has to stay plugged into a machine to live and it hurts when i breath or move, of course i would want to end. i wouldnt want to be in pain.

BACK ON TRACK..... Euthansia should be legal, along with abortion and the death penalty. EXAMPLE: if im a 95 y/o man who has to stay plugged into a machine to live and it hurts when i breath or move, of course i would want to end. i wouldnt want to be in pain.

If I was under threat of the death penalty then euthanasia would be the last thing I wanted to talk about.

Then again if I was a 95 year old man, and could cause an abortion I would be ecstatic

What's the difference between euthanasia and in the case with Casey Kasem where his daughter was given "the authority to have doctors end his infusions of water, food and medicine" (he died subsequently)?

Is that the same as euthanasia?

What's the difference between euthanasia and in the case with Casey Kasem where his daughter was given "the authority to have doctors end his infusions of water, food and medicine" (he died subsequently)?

Is that the same as euthanasia?

No. Euthanasia is actually ending someone's life. Taking someone off life support or giving them medical care is dying of natural causes.