Facey And Angelino Gone

I may be being too optimistic, but until there's an announcement from the club (or MCFC, or CFG, or whatever), I'm taking this more as the 2015 loan ending and them going home than a comment on 2016. Wouldn't it give MCFC more flexibility to not have them locked into NYCFC during the winter?

Still predicting we keep Shay and lose Angelino.
I don't think he'd be saying what he said in those two tweets if it wasn't communicated to him that he's done here.

So with Facey gone now NYCFC has exactly zero MLS quality CBs. (And Facey was MLS serviceable, but he made way too many brainfarts - see exhibit A, last Sunday).

No way they can go in next year with Hernandez and Lord Kwame as their starting CBs. That Mix Diskerud might get you a nice top CB, just saying...
Hernandez and Mena are definitely MLS quality CBs. In case you hadn't noticed, CBs generally suck in the league. For all teams, did you see Josh Williams is starting at CB for a playoff team? The teams that have a decent CB are like the one eyed man being king of the blind. What we don;t have, is a CB that can match up on corner kicks. That would be my biggest target in the offseason.

Reactions: Paul
I don't think he'd be saying what he said in those two tweets if it wasn't communicated to him that he's done here.
Fully admit I'm grabbing at straws a little, but we'll see.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
We were told 4 loanees. Only 1 this year. I think after they saw the poor start and issues in the back line they made the call with Angelino after the academy season was over. If we can get 4 loanees of their caliber every year I'd be thrilled.

Reactions: Kjbert and joe

Not sure I agree. I think perhaps that Facey himself is not sure of whether he is done or not, and doesn't want to risk having to say his goodbyes months later when his messages will go unnoticed, but I don't think a decision will be made on whether either of them are coming back until pre-season is close to starting.

Reactions: joe
We were told 4 loanees. Only 1 this year. I think after they saw the poor start and issues in the back line they made the call with Angelino after the academy season was over. If we can get 4 loanees of their caliber every year I'd be thrilled.

That would be fine, but the loanees need to be here for day one of training camp. No midseason acquisitions unless they're a perfect fit.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
I wonder if the experience of Angelino and Facey was good or bad. On one hand, they were able to live in New York City. Probably pretty cool. On the other hand, Angelino barely made the bench down the stretch and didn't seem like he was enjoying his football.

I don't know if the loans worked or not.

Hernandez and Mena are definitely MLS quality CBs. In case you hadn't noticed, CBs generally suck in the league. For all teams, did you see Josh Williams is starting at CB for a playoff team? The teams that have a decent CB are like the one eyed man being king of the blind. What we don;t have, is a CB that can match up on corner kicks. That would be my biggest target in the offseason.
Actually no Mena and Hernandez aren't starters in MLS. Hernandez was a backup in SJ and Mena plays young/scared. Josh Williams is starting CB for the worse defense in MLS. (watch Drogba score 2-3 more tomorrow). And he's only starting because of injuries and a super weak CB corps. I'll take SKC, Portland, Montreal, Dallas, Seattle etc defense over NYCFC or TFC any day.

Reactions: whill4 and Kjbert