Facey And Angelino Gone

Maybe Mena plays that way because of the people around him.
Possibly. If so I say we sign Chiellini and find out.

As for the loanees looks like their gone for now and in doubt for next year. I say build a defense without them and be pleased for the depth the bring if they come back.

Guys if you want to pile on Kreis that's your prerogative but this was a CFG decision.
Exactly, CFG was responsible for bringing in the DPs, one with a "god-complex" and two at mid-season who are at the end-of-their soccer careers. Then management brought in some additional mid-season additions (Iraola, Angelino) forcing Kreis to change the teams' formation and disrupting any continuity of play. Remember, this team was started from "scratch!!!" Only a few members had ever played together…that's a tough nut to begin with. Hate to tell you fella but LA's management team seems to have a better idea and more productive way as to how to spend their $$$ millions. And then there's Toronto's/Montreal's decision to bring in on dynamic player "Giovinco and Grogba" Wow!!! Who's in the playoffs??? Reality check: it takes time, great player roster selection (soccer skills, athletic ability, team-oriented buy-in…team first attitude), lack of injuries and a little luck along the way to build a "CHAMPION."

Reactions: MagnusPax
Kreis is stubborn but most of his players love playing for him. Of course everyone looks, feels and smells better when their winning.

Buy out?

Maybe Mena plays that way because of the people around him.

maybe, i mean i feel the dude is great on one one challenges but just got couple of bad breaks in the Red bull game and against orlando, also needs more playing time i guess since he does seem lost at times in terms of partnership of CB and defense

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Mena has raw talent, like Kurt Zouma. But he has absolutely no instincts whatsoever. He looks lost all the time - no positional awareness - but a great physical specimen.

This probably isn't the right thread for it, but I think our back line will be good once we find some consistency in the lineup. We did that midway through July and had a pretty good defensive streak, then things changed up again.

Reactions: Gene
Mena has raw talent, like Kurt Zouma. But he has absolutely no instincts whatsoever. He looks lost all the time - no positional awareness - but a great physical specimen.
A good coach can probably clean that up.

Reactions: Kjbert
This probably isn't the right thread for it, but I think our back line will be good once we find some consistency in the lineup. We did that midway through July and had a pretty good defensive streak, then things changed up again.

This can't be said enough. Mena is talented one on one and other than that we have no idea. You can't judge a CB on defensive instincts or how they play within the system until they have time to get used to their CB partner and the system. I'm not ready to make any judgements on Mena until he gets a training camp and consistent time with the same CB partner. Anyone who thinks they can judge his play on what they saw this season has no idea how long solid back line pairings take to develop.

I would think Manchester city didn't want to risk injury so the directive was to not play him towards the end

No, it hasn't. It's confirmed that they've both gone back to Manchester, but nowhere has it been said that they're not coming back. People are just speculating. It's far too early for that decision to have been made.
Dude... by Facey's tweet, it's kinda obvious they won't be back any time soon.

Reactions: Kjbert
Calm down Da-vid. Someone asked a question and Falastur answered accurately.
I'm not a fan of using loaned players, puts the coach in a bad position. Impedes development, which we desperately need as an expansion team.

Dude... by Facey's tweet, it's kinda obvious they won't be back any time soon.
Yeah because they are members of MC's EDS. The EDS is currently in season in the U21 Premier League. They can still come back next year.

No, it hasn't. It's confirmed that they've both gone back to Manchester, but nowhere has it been said that they're not coming back. People are just speculating. It's far too early for that decision to have been made.
I'm not alone!

Reactions: SoupInNYC