Favorite Beer?

AlexB

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
May 17, 2014
New York City
Would like to know what is everyone's beverage of choice? I myself have imbibed more than I can remember. In my frat days it was generally what ever was closest or most convenient. However, I now find enjoyment in a few more tasty beverages.
1. Gulden Draak
2. Piraat
3. Samuel Smith's or Fuller's

Definitely not a complete list. Suggestions welcomed.

As long as I not that skunky Becks they served me at the Rangers viewing party on Monday, I will be fine.

Not really an aficionado, so I will refrain from listing my favorites, only to be scoffed at by the people who really know beer.

Beer is something of a hobby of mine. Spending a lot of time trying new beers, visiting breweries anywhere we go. I might be one of the few people who get a little excited when someone starts talking 'Beer'.

As for favorites:
Goto Brewery: Lagunitas
Goto beer: Bell's Two-Hearted
Mass Marketed: Guiness, Yuengling

As long as I not that skunky Becks they served me at the Rangers viewing party on Monday, I will be fine.

Not really an aficionado, so I will refrain from listing my favorites, only to be scoffed at by the people who really know beer.
Just wanna say, fuck beer snobbery. Say what you want!

Reactions: jerzy
Captain Lawrence Smoked Porter -- Tastes like a campfire. I love it.

Otherwise, I stick to my good old rowdy fratboy Bud Light because it gets the job done.
Smoked porter is nice. Big fan of Liquid gold

Pretty sure beer snobbery gets you banned.
Lol I like Heineken and Yiengling. Never really like ipa's or found one that tasted good for me.

Reactions: MyBoyVilla
Here's another vote for Yuenglings.

Big fan of Sam Adams Boston Lager, however I'm pretty disappointed with most of their other beers.

Newcastle Ale for imported and when I'm in the mood for a real cheapo I'll grab a 6 pack of Schaefer.

Love the Fosters "Oil Cans" and love even more that I can grab one on the SI Ferry for $5.50 on the way home from a Yankee game. :D

Reactions: AlexB
Bell's Brewery is definitely a favorite brewer of mine now. Seeing as how they just started distributing here in NYC I'm still learning their ales but Oberon is my summer beer of choice now closely followed by Brooklyn Summer Ale.

Ommegang is my favorite brewery of all time. All their beers are awesome and I'm very happy to find any of their stuff on tap when I'm out and about. I went to their brewery last summer and was in absolute heaven.

Bell's Brewery is definitely a favorite brewer of mine now. Seeing as how they just started distributing here in NYC I'm still learning their ales but Oberon is my summer beer of choice now closely followed by Brooklyn Summer Ale.

Ommegang is my favorite brewery of all time. All their beers are awesome and I'm very happy to find any of their stuff on tap when I'm out and about. I went to their brewery last summer and was in absolute heaven.
Never been to Ommegang, though I'd love to. @jerzy went recently and was able to pick me up a really nice glass. Have you been trying their Game of Thrones line?

I was ecstatic when Bell's was finally distributed here in NYC. I've had it when I lived down south. Both Oberon and Two-Hearted. Not a big fan of the Oberon, though the beer itself is a fine example of the style...just not a fan of the style. Two-Hearted on the other-hand. I can drink those all day.

Well worth the trip up to Cooperstown to see Ommegang. Plus they're doing concerts up there now at the brewery which has to be a great experience. So far they've announced Modest Mouse and Neutral Milk Hotel which are both some pretty big bands to play a field in the middle of nowhere.

I've tried all three of the Game of Thrones ales and have loved them all. I've got a bottle of each one in reserve for rainy days.

I'm looking forward to trying more Bell's. I just saw a couple of new ones at the store yesterday. There was a coffee one and a stout of some sort. If I don't go out for the Champions League final I may have to do a Bell's tasting at home.

Cheers.

I enjoy a Hoegaarden or a Newcastle though I might actually prefer a Magners or Strong bow cider most of the time.

I'm a huge Captain Lawrence guy... hometown team. I also don't like any IPAs though at all.

I also didn't drink beer until I was wayyyyyy older LOL. I "didn't like the taste." Instead. I'd be drinking 12 jack and cokes in two hours and crying in a corner instead of 12 beers and having a blast.

I'm a huge Captain Lawrence guy... hometown team. I also don't like any IPAs though at all.

I also didn't drink beer until I was wayyyyyy older LOL. I "didn't like the taste." Instead. I'd be drinking 12 jack and cokes in two hours and crying in a corner instead of 12 beers and having a blast.
It's only been the past 3 or so years that I've 'enjoyed' beer. Prior to that I'd seek out whatever was cheapest on tap.

Capt Lawrence is great, especially their Imperial IPA. Liquid Gold is a stand-up beer as well, good for hot days and warm nights.

Hey you like what you like. Doesn't matter what anybody else says. I personally have spent my share of time praying to the porcelain gods after a few nights trying to finish off a week old skunked keg of "the Beast". I never spent too much time caring what the "nose up high", snobs thought.

Beer is something of a hobby of mine. Spending a lot of time trying new beers, visiting breweries anywhere we go. I might be one of the few people who get a little excited when someone starts talking 'Beer'.

As for favorites:
Goto Brewery: Lagunitas
Goto beer: Bell's Two-Hearted
Mass Marketed: Guiness, Yuengling

Completely forgot about Yuengling, nice! Going to give Bell's Two-Hearted and Capt Lawrence a try this weekend. Every time I travel I always try and experiment with the local brews. Generally the closer the ABV is to 10% the happier I am.

Reactions: einwindir
Well worth the trip up to Cooperstown to see Ommegang. Plus they're doing concerts up there now at the brewery which has to be a great experience. So far they've announced Modest Mouse and Neutral Milk Hotel which are both some pretty big bands to play a field in the middle of nowhere.

I've tried all three of the Game of Thrones ales and have loved them all. I've got a bottle of each one in reserve for rainy days.

I'm looking forward to trying more Bell's. I just saw a couple of new ones at the store yesterday. There was a coffee one and a stout of some sort. If I don't go out for the Champions League final I may have to do a Bell's tasting at home.

Cheers.
Good call on the Game of Thrones. I first saw them and thought they were just being gimmicky so I passed them over. I will definitely try them out now. Thanks.