Finding a home for supporters

I'd love to get a bar out in Suffolk to show games. Any ideas for somewhere mid-Suffolk? I have a bar near me that shows MLS games but, I'm pretty far out east.

Reactions: MrMartinezNYC
The beauty of what we're doing right now is we can choose! In Suffolk, if you're around the Patchogue area, Brickhouse Brewery is a great place. I know one of the head brewers, I can always throw it out to him and see if there's any chance we can all work something out.

In Queens, a good friend of mine has a family owned bar. We can always try and make that work too.

I think it would be great to have a home in each borough. That way no one has to travel more than 20 minutes to find a home.

I like this idea. I'm out in Staten Island, and I can't seem to find a bar willing to put an MLS game on. I'm wondering if the NYCFC affiliation with the Yankees might help a bit with this.

So far the Manhattan meet up place have been FFactory.. As for Staten Island I´m going out on a limb now but I assume that the affiliation between SI Yankees and NY Yankees are still in place and might count for something?

Reactions: einwindir
I'd love to get a bar out in Suffolk to show games. Any ideas for somewhere mid-Suffolk? I have a bar near me that shows MLS games but, I'm pretty far out east.
Iam part of AO long island and our bar is Declen Quinns in bay shore, they show epl games, mls games and usmnt games. Deff gana have nycfc games

Reactions: samt and einwindir
I'm digging that Avatar brother, lucky man. The best way to have bars in other boroughs show the games and support us is gather a lot of supports from that area and call them up. Let them know you're NYCFC supporters and visit on a saturday or sunday for MLS games or EPL games. They really just want the business so seeing that you're a big crowd they'll want you to stay. Maybe visit a different one each week and see which one is most supportive and has best atmosphere.

Reactions: Orosolido
Thanks, had an awsome time in columbus "dos a cero" but yea i like your idea i was just giving a sugestion on people that live out here that cant make the trip to the boroughs but deff like your idea.

Presumably this is referring to away games? How much local coverage is there for games listed as MLS Live? I'm not sure how the blackout system works and how any local coverage might vary. Find bars that are doing bad business and could be easily persuaded to show games if enough people show up. If there's a reason why they are doing bad business that's unimportant beyond the game being shown on Tv.

As for SC meets I suggest meeting at the FF the vast majority of the time. Occasionally mix it up and meet somewhere else (I've suggested an open air meeting for instance so passers by see what's going on) but there's few places more impressive than regularly meeting right next to the Empire State Building. Obviously on home matchdays places close to the stadium are going to be considered. Pick a classy sports bar though most public houses in the UK need a serious facelift. Of course at the new stadium perhaps there will be an outdoor bar.

^Yeah it would be good to have a permanent home for meetings. The only way it would get difficult with a bar is the stadium will seat thousands of people in the supporters section, the bar not so much.
The beauty of this is that we have almost an entire year to work it out.

I have a place in mind in Queens. Called BB's Bar and Grill. On 172nd St and 46th Ave. I am good friends with the owners son. He assured me that if people are there for games, then games will be on. As time moves on we'll see how things develop.

Edit: to those who may be familiar with the Flushing, Bayside area; it's the old Sheehan's that's just off Utopia Parkway.

Last edited:
Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
Since the Yankees are a part of this team I'm sure most games will be played on the YES Network

The beauty of what we're doing right now is we can choose! In Suffolk, if you're around the Patchogue area, Brickhouse Brewery is a great place. I know one of the head brewers, I can always throw it out to him and see if there's any chance we can all work something out.

I'm about 10-15 minutes east of Patchogue and know the Brickhouse quite well. My old band has played there plus their Nitro stout..delicious. I'd love to have it be a supporters bar.

What about Queens?!

This is a copy/paste from a previous post I made
"I have a place in mind in Queens. Called BB's Bar and Grill. On 172nd St and 46th Ave. I am good friends with the owners son. He assured me that if people are there for games, then games will be on. As time moves on we'll see how things develop.

Edit: to those who may be familiar with the Flushing, Bayside area; it's the old Sheehan's that's just off Utopia Parkway."

This is a copy/paste from a previous post I made
"I have a place in mind in Queens. Called BB's Bar and Grill. On 172nd St and 46th Ave. I am good friends with the owners son. He assured me that if people are there for games, then games will be on. As time moves on we'll see how things develop.

Edit: to those who may be familiar with the Flushing, Bayside area; it's the old Sheehan's that's just off Utopia Parkway."
Im new to queens (just moved to Astoria), so im not sure of the commute. But sounds promising. Cant wait!

Is there any reason the powers that be chose Football Factory over the Mad Hatter on 3rd Ave and 26th St in Manhattan? That's the official Man City watering hole, with a plaque to prove it...

Is there any reason the powers that be chose Football Factory over the Mad Hatter on 3rd Ave and 26th St in Manhattan? That's the official Man City watering hole, with a plaque to prove it...

AFAIK because "the powers that be" are "the guys who run the NYCFC SC twitter feed", which has up to this point been by far the most cohesive attempt at creating a supporters group for this club. Those guys have no affiliation to City - they've been fairly vocal about trying to distance themselves from MCFC in order to avoid alienating potential fans - and so they picked the place that felt best to them. The actual leadership of NYCFC is deliberately trying to stay out the creation of supporters groups, since clubs controlling or planting their fan clubs seems to have a fairly negative connotation in the US.

The guys on twitter and Facebook are doing this wrong - rushing. Rushing everything.
Just chill, build a supporters group. A large one. Not the 100 or so active member we have now, not even. Maybe 20-40 people are actively participating.
What will the supporters section seat, couple thousand? At least 5-10 thousand.
Yet 20-40 people want to decide the name, etc literally today so they can start pushing shirts and designs and logos etc. even though there isn't nearly a majority vote on the name. Not even close.
that's why I built this site. Everyone is welcome. Are you part of The Natives. Sure come here and discuss NYCFC. Are you Gotham City? You're welcome here too.
This site is for supporters of all types and from all places.