Finding The Best Songs #2 (vote!)

Vote For All Your Favorite Songs/Chants (Multiple Selections Allowed)

• Total voters

MyBoyVilla

Registered
Mar 19, 2014
Manhattan
twitter.com
PLEASE VOTE ABOVE FOR ANY AND AS MANY OF THE SONGS YOU LIKE.

Feel free to discuss the 10 songs in the comments below. Remember, we are going through all the suggested songs 10 at a time, so if you have a different song you like, this is NOT the place to suggest it. We will eventually get to it.

This set of 10 appears to be much stronger than the previous set. Please take the time to look through them, and as always, if you are unfamiliar with the tune click the name to listen to it on YouTube.

Without further ado:

1. Home, Home in NJ

Lyrics:
Home, Home in NJ
Where chemicals and smoke fill the air
Where the folks dream to be
True New Yorkers like we
Cuz the Red Bulls are losing again

Tune: Home, Home on the Range

User: MyBoyVilla MyBoyCity

2. Eat Steak

Song:
Eat Steak by Reverend Horton Heat

User: einwindir einwindir

3. Boom Boom Clap

Chant:
Boom Boom Clap

User: @Vito

4. New York City Came To Town

Lyrics:

New York City came to town,
With Kreis' sky blue squadron.
There's no debate, we'll dominate,
Los Angeles to Boston.

New York City, watch us go,
Taking to the field.
All day long you'll hear this song
We're going to win the shield.

Tune: Yankee Doodle

User: @Johnny / @Falastur

5. Mr Blue Sky

Song:
Mr. Blue Sky by Electric Lights Orchestra

User: @Buckley

6. New York State of Mind

Song:
New York State of Mind by Billy Joel

User: MyBoyVilla MyBoyCity

7. On The Turning Away

Song:
On The Turning Away by Pink Floyd

User: @CP_Scouse

8. Nights in White Satin

Song:
Nights in White Satin by Moody Blues

9. New York Is Always Blue

Lyrics:

New York (x4)
New York is always blue (x4)
New York's blue and white (x4)

Tune: Come On You Bhoys In Green (Celtic FC)

10. A Heart In New York

Song:
A Heart In New York by Simon & Garfunkel

User: einwindir einwindir

I voted for 5 chants, but I absolutely love two of them:

New York is Always Blue. The video of Celtic's version is so captivating, I only hope we could do it justice with out version. The fact that it includes Yankee Doodle at the end is even better.

And with that segue, the version of Yankee Doodle for us - New York City Came To Town - is also brilliant songwriting, and I think would song really good as well.

New York is Always Blue. The video of Celtic's version is so captivating, I only hope we could do it justice with out version. The fact that it includes Yankee Doodle at the end is even better.

And with that segue, the version of Yankee Doodle for us - New York City Came To Town - is also brilliant songwriting, and I think would song really good as well.
Of the lot these were the two I voted for as well. They seem to be the most realistic.

THIS! (consider this my votes for those two)

Idk I feel like the Ny is always blue is way too similar to the cosmos and red bulls chants

New Yorks red and white (Red Bulls)
New Yorks green and white (Cosmos)

I think we should keep it different from them

Last edited:
Reactions: BxLio91
Forgot about that Simon and Garfunkel song but I like it. Either that or NY State of Mind are good "ballads" for the stadium. NY NY just doesnt have that feel to it that these two do. Do Also love Mr. Blue Sky. But all the chants on this poll are good.

I'm one of those fans that supported the Redbulls prior to NYCFC. I am not in favor of going out of the way to try to antagonize the team or fans but I do think Reverend Horton Heat's "Eat Steak" is pretty funny to use when playing local rivals. The whole "pink cows" theme seems lame and overused but it would be funny to see large group of guys singing that tune while Dosey Doeing around like fools.

After the chant of New York City came to town we should go like Badda da da da da da badda bup bup badda...etc