Frank Lampard [Midfielder]

JJ Devaney caught up with Frank at the Empire State Building event yesterday and recorded a short interview. Frank said he feels good but is not fit for Sunday. The injury was a calf strain. I retweeted JJ's link if you're looking for the interview.

Fucking Frank... I keep trying to figure out ways to convince myself this will work out... at this point even when I hear Franks name my first through is... who? then... oh right him... what now?
tumblr_inline_ndmkpcrzxh1rplfkl.gif

Reactions: LionNYC and BxLio91
Reactions: Ulrich
he's a scumbag that was hired to sell tickets and sell tickets only. He's charade is almost over. Hopefully the club has solid footing and can get a third dp that is actually meant to product on the field and not ticket sales and merchandise.

Please NYCFC no more old players!!!!
But but my family is from [insert country here]/ I support [insert team here] and [insert player here] was a great player 10 years ago and is now damn near retired but I'm a moron and think real life is like FIFA so I want him to occupy one of our 3 DP spot.

Reactions: NYCFCfan and Ulrich
But but my family is from [insert country here]/ I support [insert team here] and [insert player here] was a great player 10 years ago and is now damn near retired but I'm a moron and think real life is like FIFA so I want him to occupy one of our 3 DP spot.

Haha, I'm the opposite on FIFA. The first thing I do is transfer list anyone over 30.

Haha, I'm the opposite on FIFA. The first thing I do is transfer list anyone over 30.
I do too. I scout young promising players. I was referring to the fact that people buy into the rating of an old slow guy who may be 80 but a young 75 is going to give you more IRL MLS.

Realistically I expect 1-2 marketing DPs at any given time and am just hoping it's one more often than two.

Villa has definitely proven his worth, he probably everyone favourite player, scores the goals, captain, works hard and seems dedicated to the club, heck he even learned English

Pirlo is quietly going about his business and makes this system tick, it helps when you have two players like Mix and T-Mac who can do all the running as well

Lampard situation is that he doesn't fit really into a 4-4-3 well especially when you have Pirlo in it as well and that both players are let's say not blessed with pace anymore, if you play Lampard you have to either drop or move Mix and since Mix has come on leaps and bounds so far, it's seems unlikely to do that, best Lampard can hope for is a cameo of the bench or to be moved, don't think it's his fault, more to do with I don't see him fitting into this system

Reactions: RM_NYCFC
Except when the guy is 35+ you're playing Russian roulette.

I understand, but that still doesn't mean it applies to all, look at Del Piero, when he was 35/36 he played 45 matches with Juve and scored 11 goals...45 games! That said, I still prefer a 25-30 year old going into or ending their prime years at least...I think also like most said, out of the 3 DP slots, and being in NYC - we have to become used to the fact that at least one if not two of the DP slots will go to older legends, just a fact. We can just hope we can get players that are durable.

I understand, but that still doesn't mean it applies to all, look at Del Piero, when he was 35/36 he played 45 matches with Juve and scored 11 goals...45 games! That said, I still prefer a 25-30 year old going into or ending their prime years at least...I think also like most said, out of the 3 DP slots, and being in NYC - we have to become used to the fact that at least one if not two of the DP slots will go to older legends, just a fact. We can just hope we can get players that are durable.
Your point about Del Piero is great. And we also need to do a better job of differentiating among "30 year olds." There is a massive gap between signing someone 31 vs 37. No one seems to be complaining about Villa. He was a "30 year old." Each signing (and rumor and wild ass guess - aka WAG) is worth evaluating individually.