Gaa Thread

Aguero93:20

Registered
Jun 3, 2014
Surprised this isn't on here already, plenty of Irish in New York and even a NY based county team, I was born in Kerry so they're my football team, love hurling though, greatest sport in the world, reckon it could be Tipps title again this year.
Anyone else?

Reactions: Sean Og
Ah sure look it, didnt want to be the first to start it, sound job like.

I want to say tipp, i do, but kilkenny are 9/4. I'm more excited for the Ulster championship. Every county has a chance. I grew up in Cavan, and want to say they'll suprise me, but you know yourself thats not how these things go.

How long you in da shtstates?

i played county hurlin for cavan as well, was 15 years old playin u-16, minor, u21, and sub for the seniors.

that tells you all you need to know about the state of cavan hurlin ten years ago.

Ah sure look it, didnt want to be the first to start it, sound job like.

I want to say tipp, i do, but kilkenny are 9/4. I'm more excited for the Ulster championship. Every county has a chance. I grew up in Cavan, and want to say they'll suprise me, but you know yourself thats not how these things go.

How long you in da shtstates?
Don't live there myself lad although I've a lot of friends and family over there, what part of Cavan are you from? Was working in Cavan town not too long ago so but of knowledge of the place.

Kilkenny are always hard to look past but I think at this stage they've hit the beginning of the dreaded transitional phase that Kerry are going through, having to blood new players in a fairly big bunch and while they'll still be a good side, I think they'll continue to find at least one side too good for them for a few years. Dublin look nailed on for the Football but we can always hope, don't think anyone wants to see them go on a Kerry/Kilkenny spell, we'd never hear the end of it, hopefully Mayo or one of the Ulster sides can stop them, can't see anyone from Leinster or Cork and Kerry winning it.
Agree completely about the Ulster Championship, most competitive in the country, completely unpredictable and always a great watch.

Gowna.. A wee parish near arva. Was in "town," for the May bank holiday. Mayo could go to the all Ireland, because that's what they do, winning it however is a different story all together now. Dublin has an Amazon crew of young fellas, they won the u21s so I could see them as a force for a good few years. I grew up with Shane carthy, and played county football with him here in New York, till he decided to head home to bigger and better things. Cavan had a great minor and u21 panel but that
Means shite when your from the 2nd poorest county in Ireland and emigration is still killin us. Gowna was one of the strongest clubs in cavan for at least 2 decades and now we are about to drop to intermediate. Not 10 men over 18 left to play football.

I think Dublin will make shite of EEEERYBODY.

In regards to the Ireland Portugal match, I couldn't spend 150 quid on watching Ireland get spanked.
It is a great day for getting loaded though and singing chunes about the ra though.

Gowna.. A wee parish near arva. Was in "town," for the May bank holiday. Mayo could go to the all Ireland, because that's what they do, winning it however is a different story all together now. Dublin has an Amazon crew of young fellas, they won the u21s so I could see them as a force for a good few years. I grew up with Shane carthy, and played county football with him here in New York, till he decided to head home to bigger and better things. Cavan had a great minor and u21 panel but that
Means shite when your from the 2nd poorest county in Ireland and emigration is still killin us. Gowna was one of the strongest clubs in cavan for at least 2 decades and now we are about to drop to intermediate. Not 10 men over 18 left to play football.

I think Dublin will make shite of EEEERYBODY.

In regards to the Ireland Portugal match, I couldn't spend 150 quid on watching Ireland get spanked.
It is a great day for getting loaded though and singing chunes about the ra though.

in fairness i was savin that for the first match... hahahaha

I catch the Wolfe Tones every time they come to Westchester.
I really enjoy the Wolfe Tones. I have no idea why but anytime I hear 'Come out ye black and tans' I have to listen to it at least 5 times in a row.

I feel like I need to say that I'm not Irish in any sense of the word. My closest tie to Ireland is having Welsch somewhere in my family's history.