Gay Marriage?

CP_Scouse

Registered
Mar 27, 2014
Queens
This is the debate desk, so heres another one,

gay marriage, should the LGBT community be able to marry and show public affection to eachother?

personally i think the concept of same gendered marriage fine, as long as its not mandatory :p

Last edited:
What do you mean mandatory? As in everyone is obligated by law to marry someone of the same gender? :D
To me, we're all free to love whomever we want to. If a man wants to marry another man, then so be it. Chances are his couple life will be better as there probably will be less nagging, no periods to deal with meaning he'll be getting laid a lot.

Keep government out of everywhere.... New age conservative... socially liberal, governmentally/fiscally conservative.

Nearly libertarian but not that crazy. Plus no 4/20 legality up in here. (Former law enforcement) :D
I'm curious. Why are you against 4/20 legality?

I don't know... probably the culture I grew up in? I'm a goodie two shoes (minus the binge drinking). Nobody can convince me that you can't abuse weed. I know all the comeback in regards to drinking because abused and "more deadly" and stuff.

Maybe if I smoked I'd be all for it lol. I don't know. I don't have a problem with anyone that is... I have plenty of people in my life and circle that do. I choose not to, I don't judge or anything. It's fine. I'd have to go to Colorado to see how it works out.

I don't know... probably the culture I grew up in? I'm a goodie two shoes (minus the binge drinking). Nobody can convince me that you can't abuse weed. I know all the comeback in regards to drinking because abused and "more deadly" and stuff.

Maybe if I smoked I'd be all for it lol. I don't know. I don't have a problem with anyone that is... I have plenty of people in my life and circle that do. I choose not to, I don't judge or anything. It's fine. I'd have to go to Colorado to see how it works out.
I see. Fair enough. I can respect that you have your opinion while still keeping an open mind. It's definitely not for everyone and even though I want it legalized in NY I still would like certain restrictions like not smoking in public etc...

we r
I see. Fair enough. I can respect that you have your opinion while still keeping an open mind. It's definitely not for everyone and even though I want it legalized in NY I still would like certain restrictions like not smoking in public etc...
eally dont needs its legalization though

we really dont needs its legalization though

umm... yes we do. gay marriage should be legal, weed should be legal.
neither of these is affecting anyone who chooses not to participate.
why is it ok for one group of people to be legally allowed to do what they like, but not others, while again they're not hurting anyone.
binge drinking has affected more innocent bystanders than binge smoking ever could.
if you don't like it, don't do it. but don't tell others how to live their lives.

Reactions: jerzy
umm... yes we do. gay marriage should be legal, weed should be legal.
neither of these is affecting anyone who chooses not to participate.
why is it ok for one group of people to be legally allowed to do what they like, but not others, while again they're not hurting anyone.
binge drinking has affected more innocent bystanders than binge smoking ever could.
if you don't like it, don't do it. but don't tell others how to live their lives.
though its used to treat the affects of chemotherapy from cancer, it itself causes cancer. All things smoked, whether it be cigars or cigarettes or weed, is cancer causing.
When you smoke weed, you get high right? Wouldnt you become tired, dazed and confused? When its smoked, it make you feel tired. Lets say someone is smoking and driving, it can cause a collision and people are dead.

And YES, WEED CAN BE ADDICTING. Not a physical addiction like meth or crack, but a mental one. if you jerk off everyday for a year and then you suddenly stop, you have the urge to start again, thats an addiction

THINGS THAT SHOULD BE COMPLETELY 100% ILLEGAL:
Guns
Marijuana
Drinks with alchohol level above 7%

though its used to treat the affects of chemotherapy from cancer, it itself causes cancer. All things smoked, whether it be cigars or cigarettes or weed, is cancer causing.
When you smoke weed, you get high right? Wouldnt you become tired, dazed and confused? When its smoked, it make you feel tired. Lets say someone is smoking and driving, it can cause a collision and people are dead.

And YES, WEED CAN BE ADDICTING. Not a physical addiction like meth or crack, but a mental one. if you jerk off everyday for a year and then you suddenly stop, you have the urge to start again, thats an addiction

THINGS THAT SHOULD BE COMPLETELY 100% ILLEGAL:
Guns
Marijuana
Drinks with alchohol level above 7%

Yeah, but candy and chocolate can be addicting too, should they be illegal?
Also, I do agree that smoking & driving should be illegal, just like drinking and driving... that should go without question. But in the privacy of your home (just like having a few beers) what difference does it make?
And no matter how much you smoke- you're only hurting yourself.
The drinks with high ABV though, I mean, someone can have 30 4% beers and be smashed out of their mind, get alcohol poisoning, or black out and get violent- that doesn't happen with weed.
So should ALL alcohol be illegalized then?

Yeah, but candy and chocolate can be addicting too, should they be illegal?
Also, I do agree that smoking & driving should be illegal, just like drinking and driving... that should go without question. But in the privacy of your home (just like having a few beers) what difference does it make?
And no matter how much you smoke- you're only hurting yourself.
The drinks with high ABV though, I mean, someone can have 30 4% beers and be smashed out of their mind, get alcohol poisoning, or black out and get violent- that doesn't happen with weed.
So should ALL alcohol be illegalized then?
it should be illegal in zones only. like no drinking or smoking in a school zone or any other set zones. similiar to in england where people get taxed when they drive in a certain zone, except here people would get finned

CP_Scouse CP_Scouse , - I forgot to touch upon that you said weed can cause cancer, well, so can cigarettes (which we do agree on), so in that case, should cigs be illegal as well?

CP_Scouse CP_Scouse , - I forgot to touch upon that you said weed can cause cancer, well, so can cigarettes (which we do agree on), so in that case, should cigs be illegal as well?
just like in bars theres a limit to how many drinks a bartender can serve to a customer, the same should be with cigarettes

Ready for this guys? Gonna shock the hell out of you ok? I don't know if you're ready... EVERYTHING causes cancer and EVERYTHING is addicting. Working out can be addicting, bacon can cause cancer, weed is addictive, soda is addictive, pickles can be addictive, wearing a hoodie can be an addiction. It doesn't fucking matter what it is, you can be addicted to it. That being said, does the factor of whether something causes cancer or is addictive really matter? I say no. I neither confirm nor deny that I partake of certain inhalation activities on an almost daily basis (for career reasons I will neither confirm nor deny) but what I will say is that if I was doing it, yes I would be addicted mentally. If I had to stop for a month or two so I could pass a pre employment drug screening, I would have definitely wanted to smoke, because I would like the feeling. And If I had done this on an almost daily basis I could tell you the worst side effect I've found is that I would have minor weight gain from munchies. I would also tell you that if I had that it works as a wonderful sleep aid, relieves stress, would make my disposition happier, would make movies, television, and music more enjoyable. Not to mention the numerous medical uses it has. My personal stance on all aforementioned issues? Gay marriage: Legal. Marijuana: Legal. Guns: Legal and almost entirely unrestricted (has been proven less gun control results in lower crime rates). Chocolate: Definitely legal ;)