Harrison in Goal of the Week Voting - UPDATE... IN FINALS

I often fall victim to homerism, but Jack's goal was clearly more impressive. There were so many levels of greatness to the goal, from beating the defender with a sick move, to moving into the right spot and placing a perfect shot. Valeri's goal was basically just a chip shot from a weird spot that may have been an accident.
Not just placing a perfect shot, but curling the shot around a moving defender. Shooting straight at the "destination" wouldn't have resulting in the goal, rather the spin applied got it there. And accomplished with his left foot - was Valeri shooting with his off-foot?

Reactions: Kjbert
Exactly, and it was definitely an accident as you can see by the look on his face right after it went in.
As someone else either noted, or maybe I heard it on a podcast, the calm and composure Harrison had to curl that shot in was fantastic. All too often, especially in MLS, we see a player make those wonderful moves to set himself up with great position to only sky the shot over the bar, or send it far and wide, or straight at the keeper.

Reactions: Kjbert
Sorry all. I voted for Jack, but I think our views are skewed here. Just watched both goals numerous times. In common, both:
  • Began with a fantastic change of field
  • Scorers had multiple really nifty deft touches on the ball to wrong foot / surprise the defender
  • Placed fantastic finishes
I don't think Valeri was looking to pass. He was on a tight angle and he went for it. The fact that it surprised him doesn't (to me) take away from the fact that he set out to do something spectacular and he actually did it.

Either goal deserves the win this week.

I voted against Valeri every round. I was watching that game and his reaction afterwards. I don't think he was shooting that ball or even trying to put it close to the back post.