Hello From Pittsburgh!

patricles43

Registered
Jul 1, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Hey everyone,

I just signed up today (member number 499, 1 off from being a nice milestone number). This world cup has really hooked me on soccer. I've watched casually in the past world cups and played when I was younger, but this world cup I've watched every match that I could and listened to the other matches on the radio when a TV was unavailable.

When I found myself watching the entirety of Iran vs. Argentina, I decided I wanted to find clubs to support in both the premier league and MLS to keep watching it year-round. I decided on supporting West Ham after quite a bit of research. After talking with everyone at www.reddit.com/r/hammers , someone mentioned I should check out NYCFC, since they will be starting at roughly the same time I start following MLS. This seemed like a great idea to me, being able to be one of the original supporters, and New York is one of the closer MLS cities to Pittsburgh, so here I am.

I'm really looking forward to watching the team be built and grow.

-Patricles43

Awesome. Welcome to our community. There's a lot of us who follow various epl teams. You might be the first WH fan I've see on here. Hope you feel right at home.

Welcome. You ought to check out the Pittsburgh Riverhounds of the USL Pro League. I understand Highmark Stadium is an excellent place to catch a game.

Reactions: Scott McCarthy
feh. Nobody likes Philadelphia. ;)

Being somewhat geographically challenged, I would imagine Columbus is closer to Pittsburgh than Philly.

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
feh. Nobody likes Philadelphia. ;)

Being somewhat geographically challenged, I would imagine Columbus is closer to Pittsburgh than Philly.

That's 100% correct, but with Columbus being in OH, that just feels... wrong. But no, I couldn't bring myself to cheer for Philly either.