Hola! My Name Is Mike.

Mikeylito

Registered
Elite Donor
Mar 31, 2014
Bay Shore
mikeylito.blog
My name is Mike.
I'm a supporter of LA Galaxy, which may explain why I'm started a supporters' community for New York City FC on Google+. Well, I'm never been accused of being logical.

Actually, I spent 13 years in Long Beach, CA where I became a fan of the Galaxy and followed World Cup futbol at 3am in the morning from Korea and Japan. I'm a Brooklyn native and back on Long Island; so I'd like to see Major League Soccer do well in the New York area as well as across the United States and in the CONCACAF Champions League.

However, just because I'm a supporter of US Soccer, at both the national team and club levels, that doesn't mean that I'm a mindless drone. I'll be the first person to admit that I'm trying to figure out the relationships between USSF, MLS (and SUM), North American Soccer League, Traffic Sports USA, United Soccer Leagues and the whole so-called American soccer pyramid.

All these organizations seem to work at cross-purposes to one another and that doesn't seem to benefit association football in the United States.

I'm an unabashed fan of "Sir" Ian Darke and I'm hopeful that some domestic U.S. network will pick up his contract when World Cup 2014 concludes.

So, briefly, that's where I am coming from.
I'm extremely opinionated.
I stand ready to be educated.
Forewarned is forearmed, however.
I can be stubborn.

Reactions: Gene
Glad you can join us Mikeylito Mikeylito . You seem like the kind of guy that has no problem getting a conversation going; I look forward to your perspective. We've got a lot of work to do: promoting NYCFCforums; getting all the various Supporter Groups together under one common banner; building a community that will drive NYCFC to be the best. Welcome!