Home - Revolution 03/26

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have 4 options for the spot that Mix usually plays in. Lampard if he's healthy, Poku, Mikey Lopez or Ballouchy.

Reactions: FootyLovin
Just finished watching the game and the Revs did look like they were totally out matched even before they went down a man. How much will not having Matarrita, Shelton and Mix affect out ability to win? I expect the simple answer is of course it would be more difficult now that we don't have 3 of our starting XI, but should a win still be expected?
I'm still unsure how much our 3 man backline will work without Mata bailing our asses out 10-15 times per game. I wouldn't be surprised to see Vieira go back to 4 at the back, with Mata out and Mena coming back to fitness.

Coming to this one from a birthday party in Westchester. Anyone know what the Harlem Line Metro North options to the stadium are on a Saturday afternoon? As of yesterday the site only had posted stadium game day train times for 7pm games. Thanks.
I think MNR does a shuttle from Grand Central to 125 to Yankee Stadium in 20-minute intervals an hour before the game. Your best bet is to take your train to 125th street around 130 and then take the first Hudson Line train up to Yankee Stadium. I believe almost all trains will be local and will stop there on the weekend.

Reactions: JayH
View attachment 4522

Assuming we stay with that 3-2-2-3 formation with Brillant coming back into the lineup and Mendoza making his first start. Maybe we finally see Lampard, but I doubt it.
Don't see Brillant being a LB. You have natural Lb's on your roster. Doesn't benefit the formation to play a CB there.

Coming to this one from a birthday party in Westchester. Anyone know what the Harlem Line Metro North options to the stadium are on a Saturday afternoon? As of yesterday the site only had posted stadium game day train times for 7pm games. Thanks.

From where are you coming? If it's from one of the communities along the Hudson, it is a straight shot to Yankees/153rd. If it's from elsewhere, you would need to take the train back to Harlem and then up to Yankee Stadium, which is easy to do. Just leave more time.

We have 4 options for the spot that Mix usually plays in. Lampard if he's healthy, Poku, Mikey Lopez or Ballouchy.

My money is on either Lopez or Ballouchy, unless Poku learned how to play defense in training over the past month.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
From where are you coming? If it's from one of the communities along the Hudson, it is a straight shot to Yankees/153rd. If it's from elsewhere, you would need to take the train back to Harlem and then up to Yankee Stadium, which is easy to do. Just leave more time.
Thanks. Coming from Scarsdale.

Whether we go 3-in-the-back or 4-in-the-back will have a lot to do with Vieira's comfort with Martinez. If he thinks Martinez can handle a starting role, then there is a good chance we go with a 4-3-3. Otherwise, I think it is a 3-2-2-3.

I didn't read through the whole thread. Is anyone interested to see Diego Martinez at LB in Matarrita's absence if we play 4 in the back?

Don't see Brillant being a LB. You have natural Lb's on your roster. Doesn't benefit the formation to play a CB there.

If Brilliant plays in a 3 man back line he should be the sweeper (replacing Hernandez). You could play either White or Mena (??) at the other wide spot assuming Iraola takes the other side.

I didn't read through the whole thread. Is anyone interested to see Diego Martinez at LB in Matarrita's absence if we play 4 in the back?

4 in the back is the only way i think for martinez to play. he is not as mobile as matarrita so he wont be going forward as much i think.

Here is my prediction for Saturday. I think IHeartLamp will be good to go and that Mix's absence will override any sentiment that we rest him the extra two weeks. I think we go with the back 3 with Bravo rolling back rather than a back 4 with Martinez, who hasn't yet seen the pitch. Hard to say who (besides Iraola) would be in the back 3. Vieira likes Hernandez, but I think we need someone who can handle balls in the air, like Brillant. White fills out the back 3 since he has more experience playing wide.

NYCFC-formation-tactics.png

I think this is a good game for White to take Matarritas' role. Mena just doesn't come across as athletic or fast enough to cover a wing, but is well suited as a CB in a 4-man back line. Will be fun to (hopefully) see Lampard and Poku play this game. This is about as much of a must-win early in the season as we can get, and will give a ton of confidence to PV knowing that, without two of the best players this season, the team can still pick up 3.

Here is my prediction for Saturday. I think IHeartLamp will be good to go and that Mix's absence will override any sentiment that we rest him the extra two weeks. I think we go with the back 3 with Bravo rolling back rather than a back 4 with Martinez, who hasn't yet seen the pitch. Hard to say who (besides Iraola) would be in the back 3. Vieira likes Hernandez, but I think we need someone who can handle balls in the air, like Brillant. White fills out the back 3 since he has more experience playing wide.

I like it, not sure Hernadez did anything last game to warrant loosing his spot but I do agree that we could use Brillant's aerial presence. Brillant had a better header off a corner during the Toronto game than any of our CB's did all last season. If Lampard starts in this formation I wonder if we see Lopez in for TMAC to play the Mix high work rate defensive cover role.

I like it, not sure Hernadez did anything last game to warrant loosing his spot but I do agree that we could use Brillant's aerial presence. Brillant had a better header off a corner during the Toronto game than any of our CB's did all last season. If Lampard starts in this formation I wonder if we see Lopez in for TMAC to play the Mix high work rate defensive cover role.
TMac looked a bit gassed and slow with his first step in the last game - I could see him taking a seat to get some more energy in.

Reactions: Gene

With the two weeks off, I think we're more likely to see a not quite ready Poku than we are a not quite ready Lampard. Not holding my breath for more than a substitute appearance from #8.

I think we probably (hopefully) get Poku replacing Lamp, or vice versa. I would plan to play both, with the possibility that Mikey Lopez is the sub if we are holding onto a 2nd half lead.

I should add that with Mix and his defensive support out, it makes it that much more likely to me that we see Bravo paired alongside Pirlo in the W-M.

Status
Not open for further replies.