Home - Revolution 03/26

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the two weeks off, I think we're more likely to see a not quite ready Poku than we are a not quite ready Lampard. Not holding my breath for more than a substitute appearance from #8.
You would think if Lampard can play in a position in this formation that Poku could as well.

Reactions: joe
You would think if Lampard can play in a position in this formation that Poku could as well.

I think it depends on what PV sees as the current limitations to Poku's game. If it's a lack of defense or fitness I agree they are probably both equal, neither plays much D and there is no way Lampard is going a full 90. If it's a positioning issue or a lack of understanding of the offense Lampard probably has a leg up on him.

I'm starting hard with brunch in the city then rolling that right into the game. Someone might have to sub me out at halftime.
Go easy or you may not even pass your pre-match fitness test and get relegated to the curb....

Reactions: SayWhat44
Kind of off topic, which I know is shunned upon here, but roxfontaine is there any chance you guys can spread out the drums a bit more?

Chants were really off last game, it would help having a drum in 236 and 237 instead of just huddled together. My other request is for them to slow down, we'll never get other sections of the stadium into a chant if it's over by the time they realize what we're singing.

Kind of off topic, which I know is shunned upon here, but roxfontaine is there any chance you guys can spread out the drums a bit more?

Chants were really off last game, it would help having a drum in 236 and 237 instead of just huddled together. My other request is for them to slow down, we'll never get other sections of the stadium into a chant if it's over by the time they realize what we're singing.
While that would seem like a great idea, I can tell you from experience in New England that spreading out the drums is a HORRIBLE idea in practice! They will all end up doing their own thing because it's so hard to communicate over a beating drum and loud ass new yorkers! Trust me, spreading them out would make things much worse.

Reactions: NYCFCfan
White, Mena, Briliant
Bravo, Pirlo, Lopez
Mendoza, Poku, Villa

Thank God shelton is gone.

White, Mena, Briliant
Bravo, Pirlo, Lopez
Mendoza, Poku, Villa

Thank God shelton is gone.
Interesting new system for the eventuality in which we have two players sent off.

I like it.
Don't forget one of these players being sent off is the goalie. Playing without a goalie is a bold strategy, but then it makes the offsides trap Brillant proof if it still allows for one extra player in the back ;)

One thing that made it a little difficult in 237 is you had some guy and a few people with him completely uninterested in what everyone else was singing and was only interested in songs/chants they had themselves. Made it really difficult to hear what the rest of the group was getting into from where I was in 237.

I love that some people are getting creative with new chants and songs. But competing directly against everyone else in the section seems unproductive. I believe the TR has a process to submit new ideas to be incorporated.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
One thing that made it a little difficult in 237 is you had some guy and a few people with him completely uninterested in what everyone else was singing and was only interested in songs/chants they had themselves. Made it really difficult to hear what the rest of the group was getting into from where I was in 237.

I love that some people are getting creative with new chants and songs. But competing directly against everyone else in the section seems unproductive. I believe the TR has a process to submit new ideas to be incorporated.
was that The Natives NYC FC ?

As an aside, the supporters sounded great from my seat. Singing the whole time and loud. Flags looked awesome. Hey baby has to go though. haha. it wasnt as often, just bad memories of that song.

Reactions: gbservis and Paul
Status
Not open for further replies.