Home - Revolution 03/26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget one of these players being sent off is the goalie. Playing without a goalie is a bold strategy, but then it makes the offsides trap Brillant proof if it still allows for one extra player in the back ;)
Last man back, duh....

Mendoza not called up for Colombia, Shelton called up for us. Mendoza much better than Shelton, shows our chances in this game.

You kidding me... Who are on the Columbia side, James Rodriguez and the likes. Columbia has always been a power house in the World Cup history. We US still has years to catch up to Mexico/ Columbia/Costa Rica/Uraguy/Chile level, before we can touch Brazil and Argentina. Relax... Our loss is a given. Can't get our hope too high.

Lol i miscounted my bad, wrote it while walking.

Put tmac in the middle. :)
tumblr_n9hgkfi8NZ1qcbw0po1_1280.jpg

Reactions: NYCFutbol1
Kind of off topic, which I know is shunned upon here, but roxfontaine is there any chance you guys can spread out the drums a bit more?

Chants were really off last game, it would help having a drum in 236 and 237 instead of just huddled together. My other request is for them to slow down, we'll never get other sections of the stadium into a chant if it's over by the time they realize what we're singing.

My pet peeve with the supporters section is having all the chant-leaders at the front of the stand. If you stand at the back you can project your voice over everyone else in the section and get them to join in. Way harder to make out a song that's being sung mainly by people in front of you - which is why many people at the back don't bother.

Another off-topic post in this thread, but the flags waving on poles in the SG sections are awesome. Did they restrict the number? It'd be great to get as many flags in there as possible.
I believe the number is restricted to 20 flags on poles. Nothing confirmed though.

Reactions: Goodfella
Another off-topic post in this thread, but the flags waving on poles in the SG sections are awesome. Did they restrict the number? It'd be great to get as many flags in there as possible.
roxfontaine of TR posted a video on the FB page that YS has allowed 20 flags in total of which TR has 10 and the rest are split up between the other groups. Kind of first come first served I believe.

I sit directly across from the SGs and I agree it looks fantastic!

Reactions: Ulrich and The Toe
Here's this week's preview of the upcoming match. I'd welcome re-tweets if you are enjoying the series. Thanks!

This is good stuff. Nice analysis of Matarrita being out. I think you are right that figuring out how to adjust to losing what he brings defensively is key. I had been thinking that if Vieira trusts Martinez, then we end up with 4 at the back, and if he doesn't, we stick with the W-M. However, you make a good point that without Matarrita, we may not have the wide ranging defenseman necessary to play 3 in the back, so perhaps we revert to a 4-3-3 no matter who plays LB.

The further question in a 4-3-3 is whether we play Bravo alongside Pirlo or go with two more offensively focused CMs. My guess is that if we go 4-3-3, we pair Bravo and Pirlo and play either MacNaMullet or Lamp in a more advanced position. Of course, we might also stick with 3 in the back and just have Bravo play even more defensively. Tough decisions.

Don't expect to see Lampard this month. Maybe April.

I personally think its a great number of flagpoles to have. I see some SGs with a ton of them and I bet that could get annoying trying to watch the match from the supporters section.

Sure roxfontaine is basking in the glory of this victory, but what about smoke bombs, and flares, and a hoist system for the Tifo..... talk about tackling the low hanging fruit on the list!

[I kid.... I kid....]

I still don't get why flares and soccer go together. Sure you see it all across Europe, etc., but flares? Why the hell do fans need to light up flaming facemelt sticks made for emergencies to show their support? And smoke bombs - every time I watch a RB game on TV the camera is tinted red. They go so overboard with it that after a goal they restart play and fuckin Robles is breathing in smoke for the next 5 minutes.

How about we stick with coming up with a song that makes my ears bleed slightly less than hey baby.

EDIT: not meant to sound confrontational. Damn Wednesdays.

Re: above post -

Is this who we're looking to emulate by lighting flares and chucking smoke bombs?

upload_2016-3-23_15-49-26.png

Apologies again for the derail. I need a beer.

This is good stuff. Nice analysis of Matarrita being out. I think you are right that figuring out how to adjust to losing what he brings defensively is key. I had been thinking that if Vieira trusts Martinez, then we end up with 4 at the back, and if he doesn't, we stick with the W-M. However, you make a good point that without Matarrita, we may not have the wide ranging defenseman necessary to play 3 in the back, so perhaps we revert to a 4-3-3 no matter who plays LB.

The further question in a 4-3-3 is whether we play Bravo alongside Pirlo or go with two more offensively focused CMs. My guess is that if we go 4-3-3, we pair Bravo and Pirlo and play either MacNaMullet or Lamp in a more advanced position. Of course, we might also stick with 3 in the back and just have Bravo play even more defensively. Tough decisions.

Some interesting insight in this, and some persisting ambiguity about what we'll see on Saturday.

I personally think its a great number of flagpoles to have. I see some SGs with a ton of them and I bet that could get annoying trying to watch the match from the supporters section.
You'll be happy to know I was one of the people waving those flags in the SS. But in the first row and only during stoppage in play, or below my sightline during the game.

Take flag duty seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.