Home - September 11 - Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is one possibility. Costa Rica played Friday. I suppose that maybe we are taking the position that after the game he was released and therefore was available for our game on Saturday.

Now, I think that is a bad argument. For one, Matarrita went 90 minutes on Friday. For another, the game was in Costa Rica, so it would have been a struggle for him to even get back by kickoff.

But, perhaps the league will look at the technicality that he was released from his national team at the final whistle on Friday night and therefore served his suspension on Saturday.

Last week's injury report specifically listed Matarrita as being suspended, not on international duty. There's clearly a reason for that and I think we can safely assume he will be available for this game unless we hear otherwise.

Reactions: Gotham Gator
That’s why I love this team. Not polished, glossy and Jeff Koonesque like LAFC but textured and wildly dynamic like a Pollock or de Kooning.
I'm here for the wildly leaping cultural analogies. This one had me thinking of the kinetic sculptures of Len Lye, where a small set of formal constraints combine with the dynamism of ambient circumstances to produce varying yet formally similar outcomes.

Reactions: JayH
Midfield is surprisingly versatile. We will miss Maxi immensely, but have 2-3 guys who could replace him. And with the domino, we have 2-3 other guys to fill in the 6 and 8 if Keaton moves to 10.

Midfield is surprisingly versatile. We will miss Maxi immensely, but have 2-3 guys who could replace him. And with the domino, we have 2-3 other guys to fill in the 6 and 8 if Keaton moves to 10.
We have positional replacements but I'm skeptical that even an unleashed Keaton or re-inspired Medina will provide Maxi's reading of the game or his level of influence. I'd love to be surprised. Maybe it opens up the game when people realize they don't just have to pass to Maxi, as it did when Villa left, but that takes time to develop.

We have positional replacements but I'm skeptical that even an unleashed Keaton or re-inspired Medina will provide Maxi's reading of the game or his level of influence. I'd love to be surprised. Maybe it opens up the game when people realize they don't just have to pass to Maxi, as it did when Villa left, but that takes time to develop.

I wouldn't mind trying Mitrita in that role, I feel like he has the field vision for it, but Medina's probably the safer bet. No one is going to come close to Maxi's output, but hopefully we can crawl through it. Believe we're winless since last season when Maxi is unavailable.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I wouldn't mind trying Mitrita in that role, I feel like he has the field vision for it, but Medina's probably the safer bet. No one is going to come close to Maxi's output, but hopefully we can crawl through it. Believe we're winless since last season when Maxi is unavailable.
Yeah he's been getting more involved. Nowhere near the kind of engine that Maxi has tho.

I have a sneaking feeling that Ring will play in that position. He does provide some kind of attacking leadership, and seems to post goals and assists in that role, but isn't someone who can generally slow the game down, speed it up again. As a result, we struggle to control the game as we can with Maxi.

So.... not mata? so he's back?

these MLS posts don't list out all suspensions. just the extra ones specifically handed out by disco after the fact and in addition to whatever was given in a game.

we'll have to wait for the injury report tomorrow (tuesday) if they even release one, to see if Mata is truly suspended or not.

Reactions: Shwafta
Here is the latest MLS Disciplinary Summary. It is from just before the weekend. It shows Mata serving his suspension. It also shows Maxi on 4 Yellow Cards.

They used to update this every week, but it has been spotty this season. We should keep an eye on it to see if they update it today or tomorrow, but judging from this, Mata should be available.

Hadn't seen this mentioned before. Eriq Zavaleta will be out for Toronto as he picked up a Red Card at the end of their dismantling of FC Cincy. He's been an on-and-off starter at right back, so this may not be a big loss.

Also, if Altidore's quad keeps him out, the likely starter up front for Toronto is Mr. Patrick Mullins.

Injury Report is out...

SJ, Mata, and Rocha are all eligible to play.

Maxi is suspended. Scally, Sands, Heber are OUT as expected. Training photos have Heber and Sands training on the sides. They should be ready to return for playoffs though it would be great if they were back for Philly.

Still without Chanot, Callens, and Haak due to international duty.

So, looks like our backline could very well be:

Mata - Sweat - Ibeagha - Anton.

Not the greatest CB combo ever.... but if they both put in a solid performance, I'd be happy. The bigger worry is if Parks and/or Ring can fill in for Maxi's creativity, holdup, and defensive pressuring.

Injury Report:

Out: Scally, Sands, & Heber

Int'l Duty: Chanot, Callens, Haak

Back & Eligible: Johnson, Rocha, Mata

Suspended: Maxi

Injury Report is out...

SJ, Mata, and Rocha are all eligible to play.

Maxi is suspended. Scally, Sands, Heber are OUT as expected.

Still without Chanot, Callens, and Haak due to international duty.

So, looks like our backline could very well be:

Mata - Sweat - Ibeagha - Anton.

Not the greatest CB combo ever.... but if they both put in a solid performance, I'd be happy. The bigger worry is if Parks and/or Ring can fill in for Maxi's creativity, holdup, and defensive pressuring.

giphy.gif

i am impressed with Medina's English. even Mata doesn't do his interviews in English and he's been with the club for awhile.

EDIT:
so tomorrow is my first time doing the legends suite. don't know much about it other than it's expensive. hah. Is there a separate gate that I need to go to? or do i enter the stadium through any gate and just make my way to the legends suite? How does food work? is it buffet style or order at a table to be served? Is there a time limit when food is served? I have been trying to find more information on the NYCFC and even the Yankees site but there isn't much in regards to a "legends tutorial" and more of just "look at all these benefits you get!". Any guidance and/or advice is much appreciated! Also, if you'll be in legends too tomorrow, give a shot. I'm in section 29

Last edited:

EDIT:
so tomorrow is my first time doing the legends suite. don't know much about it other than it's expensive. hah. Is there a separate gate that I need to go to? or do i enter the stadium through any gate and just make my way to the legends suite? How does food work? is it buffet style or order at a table to be served? Is there a time limit when food is served? I have been trying to find more information on the NYCFC and even the Yankees site but there isn't much in regards to a "legends tutorial" and more of just "look at all these benefits you get!". Any guidance and/or advice is much appreciated! Also, if you'll be in legends too tomorrow, give a shot. I'm in section 29

I’m also curious about this. I traded in my credits to upgrade to ‘Legends B’ for the game against Atlanta.

Enter the suite entrance near Gate 4. Use the door on the far left and check in at the desk on the left for a wristband for club access. The club is directly ahead. Buffet style but wait service for drinks. Food served from the time doors open at least until game start. Alcohol available a la carte. Limited fare plus I've cream downstairs at halftime.

Reactions: hatt91
The problem with legends is that since it's not kosher, there would be almost 0 point for me to try it out lol

The problem with legends is that since it's not kosher, there would be almost 0 point for me to try it out lol

There is a kosher section. But it's very limited. It's also meat, and then you can't enjoy all they dairy snacks available during the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.