Home V D. C. United 08/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anybody knows if the blue letters and numbers with pictures are available for the away shirts?

NO ANCELOTTI NO PARTY!

To put this into perspective Pirlo, Villa, and Lamps make a combined $15 million dollars to play football. They're some of the greatest players of this generation. Let's not forget mix and his 750 K salary and prowess on the pitch as well.

DC United has a bunch of players from college soccer, high school, and a few lower leagues in Europe. Nobody on the team makes more than $500,000 dollars.

Difference between the two teams in the table is 7 spots. DCU in 1st and NYCFC in 8th.

I'm struggling to see why they're so successful. Anyone care to explain?

(This was in no way intended to be a knock on NYCFC.)

To put this into perspective Pirlo, Villa, and Lamps make a combined $15 million dollars to play football. They're some of the greatest players of this generation. Let's not forget mix and his 750 K salary and prowess on the pitch as well.

DC United has a bunch of players from college soccer, high school, and a few lower leagues in Europe. Nobody on the team makes more than $500,000 dollars.

Difference between the two teams in the table is 7 spots. DCU in 1st and NYCFC in 8th.

I think it's similar to many teams in the MLS. RBNJ (although I still hate them) are clearly better than us and their only DP (up until a couple of weeks ago) was BWP. DC United are no different, cheaper players, better team. I think part of the reason is due to the fact that once players of Villa, Pirlo and/or Lampard's stature arrives at a club, the other players have a tendency to pass the ball to that single player. For example, during the RBNJ match many of our players kept passing to Pirlo multiple times even though he was marked by numerous players. This tactic would work if our DP was a player like Giovinco where he by himself can create a chance out of nothing. On the other hand although Villa is somewhat like Giovinco, he lacks firepower and Lampard and Pirlo both influence the game through other players than by themselves. What I mean by this is Giovinco is a player who specializes in dribbling and technicality making him excellent by himself. On the other hand, both Pirlo and Lampard need other players to show correct movement and positioning in order to fully achieve their maximum potential. The reason why low spending teams work is because the team is cohesive and all players are to some standards equally skilled, meaning theres no unbalanced respect towards DP's making the flow of their game more natural and comfortable.

Reactions: StatenIslandNYCFC
Bill Hamid has surpassed Nick Rimando to become the best goalie in mls. That makes a huge difference in this league with mls parity

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT

The difference between eleven players on the pitch and a team. Wait and see.

Reactions: leilanikali420

Chemistry, cohesion, comfort.

I think it's similar to many teams in the MLS. RBNJ (although I still hate them) are clearly better than us and their only DP (up until a couple of weeks ago) was BWP. DC United are no different, cheaper players, better team. I think part of the reason is due to the fact that once players of Villa, Pirlo and/or Lampard's stature arrives at a club, the other players have a tendency to pass the ball to that single player. For example, during the RBNJ match many of our players kept passing to Pirlo multiple times even though he was marked by numerous players. This tactic would work if our DP was a player like Giovinco where he by himself can create a chance out of nothing. On the other hand although Villa is somewhat like Giovinco, he lacks firepower and Lampard and Pirlo both influence the game through other players than by themselves. What I mean by this is Giovinco is a player who specializes in dribbling and technicality making him excellent by himself. On the other hand, both Pirlo and Lampard need other players to show correct movement and positioning in order to fully achieve their maximum potential. The reason why low spending teams work is because the team is cohesive and all players are to some standards equally skilled, meaning theres no unbalanced respect towards DP's making the flow of their game more natural and comfortable.
That would explain, to some degree why Giovinco is on fire when Altadore and Bradley are not in the game.

Reactions: Shu78540
Listen up my fellow basement dwelling, pop-tart eating, internet soccer fans. This game was counted as a loss by everyone when looking at the schedule. Two games ago we knew we could only afford about 5 total losses. This was one of the ones we targeted as a loss. DC is very good, I'm not going to sugar coat it. You know who else is good? Angelino! Mix! Poku!!! What about Pirlo? He's pretty good. Oh yeah, how about the guy who has carried us all year? DAVID VILLA? Yes, he's very good. Or muy bueno as they say in the islands.

Win this game and we are back on track. Did you watch the highlights of the RB game? That Mix volley goes in 9 out of ten times. Pure skill to pick that out of the air and get it on frame. RB got VERY lucky on both goals. We had the better chances. There is no reason we don't get a few breaks this game. Let's get out there and win one so Midas and Magnus can stop fighting!! We are in it until mgarbowski tells us we aren't! Don't let Footylovin's posters go to waste! We all want to know if you are NYC?

Impeach DC United!

Listen up my fellow basement dwelling, pop-tart eating, internet soccer fans. This game was counted as a loss by everyone when looking at the schedule. Two games ago we knew we could only afford about 5 total losses. This was one of the ones we targeted as a loss. DC is very good, I'm not going to sugar coat it. You know who else is good? Angelino! Mix! Poku!!! What about Pirlo? He's pretty good. Oh yeah, how about the guy who has carried us all year? DAVID VILLA? Yes, he's very good. Or muy bueno as they say in the islands.

Win this game and we are back on track. Did you watch the highlights of the RB game? That Mix volley goes in 9 out of ten times. Pure skill to pick that out of the air and get it on frame. RB got VERY lucky on both goals. We had the better chances. There is no reason we don't get a few breaks this game. Let's get out there and win one so Midas and Magnus can stop fighting!! We are in it until mgarbowski tells us we aren't! Don't let Footylovin's posters go to waste! We all want to know if you are NYC?

Impeach DC United!
Yes, I *am* NYC! And yes, I *do* wish mommy and daddy would stop fighting here on the forum. More posters can only help! And heck, who *doesn't* like Pop-Tarts™ (a brand of rectangular, pre-baked toaster pastries made by the Kellogg Company*)? COYBIB!

* Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pop-Tarts

Collectivity. Something we don't have...yet.

Impeach DC United!
lmmBt.gif

Impeach DC United!
I'VE GOT YOUR BACK!
Until I don't!

NYCFC (Aug) is a much better team than NYCFC (Apr). Tomorrow night at home. DC w/out Espindola and punching above their weight in the standings. We are due for 3 points.

Impeach DC United!
One thing that people have to keep in mind is that DC united was absolute garbage a couple of years back and everyone and their mother was calling Ben Olsen an idiot, and for him to be fired. DC management stuck with him and rewarded them with a great year last year and a great year this year. Something to keep in mind for all of you Kreis haters....truth is, Ben has been putting his system in play for a handful of years now, and when you have a system in place, you do not need world class talent to win in MLS. They tried this to back a few years to bring in attacking DPs but it did not work. You need players that are above avg at key positions to make that system go....AND the biggest thing, you need a very good backline and a great GK like Hamid. The CB tandem of Boswell and Baurnbam (sP?) is very good. On top of that they have tenacious midfielders who never stop running , namely DeLeon. Their team is set up perfectly to be consistently good in the regular season in the eastern conference, and one of the biggest thing is their defense doesn't give up fluke goals/fluke chances because they know they do not have the fire power to overcome giving up easy goals.

I still say DC although a good team, is FAR FAR from great. They do not scare anyone trust me. Most teams would be more scared to play a TFC or Redbull in the playoffs then DC United. I fully expect DC to get bounced again in the playoffs but give them credit they have found what is working for them and they go for it.

Reactions: Regulator
Status
Not open for further replies.