Ideal Stadium location & stadium features?

StJamesParkPanorama.jpg
newcastle-stadium-aerial-aerienne-34534.jpg

From what I've read on here so far it sounds something like St. James Park would be great. Has 1 tier seating close to the field, has high vantage points for those wanting to watch from up top, and aesthetically it's very attractive. Another great thing about it is that all of the stands have over head covering to keep the fans clear of the weather during games which is nice. When I go to s game I want to focus on the game and my beer, not on trying to stay warm and out of the rain or snow

Reactions: Vito
From what I've read on here so far it sounds something like St. James Park would be great. Has 1 tier seating close to the field, has high vantage points for those wanting to watch from up top, and aesthetically it's very attractive. Another great thing about it is that all of the stands have over head covering to keep the fans clear of the weather during games which is nice. When I go to s game I want to focus on the game and my beer, not on trying to stay warm and out of the rain or snow

Where are all the luxury boxes??? You can't build a stadium in NYC and not have corporate boxes.

Where are all the luxury boxes??? You can't build a stadium in NYC and not have corporate boxes.
Can't tell if that's sarcasm or not. But just in case, one half of the stadium is the grand stand. I'm sure you could make the other half have luxury boxes on top of the small one tier stands

Can't tell if that's sarcasm or not. But just in case, one half of the stadium is the grand stand. I'm sure you could make the other half have luxury boxes on top of the small one tier stands

Sarcasm. But, truth be told, as much as I like it that probably wouldn't work because of the desire of all NY teams to wrap the stadium in one or two tiers of luxury boxes. That's where the real income is. Look what the just did to MSG. Look at the biggest changes from Shea-Citi, Old-New YS, Giants Stadium-Met Life. Why the Islanders couldn't make money in the Coli, and what Barclays looks like. Our season tickets are a pittance compared to the revenue from the luxury boxes.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Sarcasm. But, truth be told, as much as I like it that probably wouldn't work because of the desire of all NY teams to wrap the stadium in one or two tiers of luxury boxes. That's where the real income is. Look what the just did to MSG. Look at the biggest changes from Shea-Citi, Old-New YS, Giants Stadium-Met Life. Why the Islanders couldn't make money in the Coli, and what Barclays looks like. Our season tickets are a pittance compared to the revenue from the luxury boxes.
Sadly that where we are in the sports world nowadays in the U.S. It is no longer about the average fans that bleed their teams colors and are there rain, snow, or shine. Its turning too much into focusing on making sure the big wigs are happy. If you ask me thats ass backwards haha

Reactions: adam
See, I'm still trying to figure out at what minute we stop the game and sing "take me out to the ballgame" and do our stretch. (In seriousness I would love to see TR do a version of take me out since it's going to be sung at us every game. Might as well own it and make it ours)

It would immediately kill our fanbase's reputation among the rest of the league, and would be mortifying for everyone taking part, but I don't care - part of me still wants us to do the YMCA at some stage.

Reactions: Goodfella
I would love to do something like Millennium Stadium in Wales but in a smaller scale
millennium-stadium-cardiff-1440x900.jpg

Millennium_Stadium,_4_August_2012.jpg

I think something like this would be nice.

1. It's an all grass field with its own irrigation system, but the grass is removable which makes it a multi purpose stadium with a retractable roof. This would help to get the City to help us with the stadium.

2. If we really needed me leverage to get this pushed through we could offer to make it multi-purpose and bring in with the NY Giant or Jets and bring them back into the buroughs. Since the grass is movable you could interchange it between a soccer field and football field with ease. I saw where Schalke was able to do a full field change in something like 4 hours. Plus this would help reach a broader fan base.

3. You can tell from one of the pictures that it does work really nice in the middle of a city enviornment.

4. And aesthetically to me personally it looks great and has a lot of VIP box sections which is important.

The only problem with it is that it is a 72,000 seater stadium which is way more than what we would need. A smaller version of this would be really nice a d something that could be feasible and useful to the city as a whole

Last edited:
one of the nicest stadiums ive seen and perfectly suited to MLS is Liberty Stadium in Swansea,Wales.

Wish MLS teams would use this sort of design more.

about_facts.jpg

swansea20.jpg

Reactions: CP_Scouse
Something like St. Mary's would be nice, boring seating bowl but I still like it.

image.jpg
image.jpg

I'm no engineer but can't they expand the land out off the west side highway and build somewhere in Manhattan? They seem to be doing well with some of those new projects they've been introducing.

Reactions: CP_Scouse