Ideal Stadium location & stadium features?

Can't they just do as they do in the UAE and just BUILD an island to stick the stadium on it? :D

They're crazy if they don't swap out the money pit that is the parking garage for this stadium though....

I think it should be 30k or more though with the idea of expansion as its built. Toronto is upping their stadium to 30,000 with the ability to go to 40,000. NYCFC should have players that dwarf Defoe and Bradley....

Playing at a temp stadium for the time being will give us a good idea of how many people will come to the game.
Then again it will be too late to change the dynamics of the stadium if the plan is already laid out and permits signed.

Problem with this though is that it will be the first season and likely a lot of attention will be drawn to the team. Wonder if we could see large attendance next year, but a severe drop off the season after.

Its gotta be in NYC...not LI or Westchester. I dont want another "NY" team in a surrounding area. You cant call yourself NYC and not be located in one of the boros.

I think all parties involved (Yankees, City, and the MLS) brought this team here for the main reason to place the club within the city limits. Building a stadium outside the five boroughs and outside of MTA access would be disastrous. Thus, they'll get themselves as much time as they need to find a proper and suitable location in the city.

Fingers crossed for the Bronx and that proposed location by the Harlem river.

Reactions: skelly412
Which is the proposed location near Harlem River?

After the rumors of Yankee Stadium/Garage started surfacing I haven't paid much attention to stadium news..

The two things I would like this stadium to have. Is to be easily accessible via public transport for me that would be the Bronx and metro north running NYCFC shuttles. Second would be the NYC skyline in view towering over the stadium. It is the one thing that no other team can ever have

Reactions: JayH and CP_Scouse
The two things I would like this stadium to have. Is to be easily accessible via public transport for me that would be the Bronx and metro north running NYCFC shuttles. Second would be the NYC skyline in view towering over the stadium. It is the one thing that no other team can ever have
Yep, it'd be great if the stadium could be built closer to Manhattan (or in Manhattan), we're not going to quite get the truly iconic city skyline from where it's likely to be built but what can you do?

I am really glad Beckham has released the designs for his stadium first. Hopefully, this will act as a bar to City. Hopefully, they see what he's doing and think "We have to do better."

beckham-stadium.jpg

I hope Beck's gets to build the stadium right there because it is spectacular inside and out.

Reactions: FCRU
Which is the proposed location near Harlem River?

After the rumors of Yankee Stadium/Garage started surfacing I haven't paid much attention to stadium news..

I guess it was more near Yankee Stadium than I thought. Either way, that would be incredible, but supposedly there are issues about buying out the land and demolishing a factory currently in use. All still rumors and preliminary discussion between parties, but seems like the first choice idea.

Edit: Forgot to link to the article, doy..

The biggest issue of all is playing in the same place as the baseball team. It will be a real danger of NYCFC players getting hit with line drives or tripping over the pitchers mound. Conversely the baseball could be hit and get stuck in the nets. What happens when the soccer players are chasing a ball into the infield and a ballplayer is trying to run the bases? What if a baseball player inadvertently kicks the soccer ball? What of a NYCFC player gets hit with a pitch? What about that YMCA thing? Also what do you do with the scoreboard, split the display in half? It s going to be big mess.

Reactions: jerseyhotspur
The biggest issue of all is playing in the same place as the baseball team. It will be a real danger of NYCFC players getting hit with line drives or tripping over the pitchers mound. Conversely the baseball could be hit and get stuck in the nets. What happens when the soccer players are chasing a ball into the infield and a ballplayer is trying to run the bases? What if a baseball player inadvertently kicks the soccer ball? What of a NYCFC player gets hit with a pitch? What about that YMCA thing? Also what do you do with the scoreboard, split the display in half? It s going to be big mess.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You do the small effort it takes to come here and make an account, and thats the best you could do? Nothing about man city? Franky?

Grade: Red bull style fail

Reactions: JayH and DiRoma

See, I'm still trying to figure out at what minute we stop the game and sing "take me out to the ballgame" and do our stretch. (In seriousness I would love to see TR do a version of take me out since it's going to be sung at us every game. Might as well own it and make it ours)

Brewery INSIDE stadium. (To help with revenue)
Brick walls.
Safe-Standing section behind goals.
Mad bars outside stadium.
Close to subway, NOT LIRR.
In 5 boroughs (even SI, if its close to terminal)

I say we build an outdoor bar SLIGHTLY larger than the one at the new Quakes stadium. Just to wind them up a bit.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
And this is why sometimes asking your partner to swallow is an alternative.

visuel_parc-des-princes-dr.jpg

I'm siked about us getting a stadium in the city. I just want it to be sooner. Hell, if Paris Saint-Germain can get a beautiful stadium like this a mile away from the Eiffel tower, in the heart of Paris which is a city that has been around centuries longer with more red tape for construction due to the fact basically everything there has "historical value." We can definitely pull this off in NYC