If You Hate Man City Clap Your Hands...

giphy.gif

For a while a lot of people argued that affiliation to Manchester City wasn't a requirement to be a NYCFC. They were right.

But it also shouldn't be a requirement that to be a NYCFC, you have to hate Man City. I get the anger right now, but there a bunch of us who are City fans who are also pissed off at Man City for Lampard, but are going to feel excluded if a regular chant becomes "hate Man City."

When NYCFC plays Man City, go for it, and make your feelings known. But regularly, can we omit both pro and anti MCFC chants? Let's focus on pro-NYCFC and anti-whoever we're playing?

When NYCFC plays Man City, go for it, and make your feelings known. But regularly, can we omit both pro and anti MCFC chants? Let's focus on pro-NYCFC and anti-whoever we're playing?
You can attract a few hundred anti-MCFC diehards with hate, but that doesn't fill a stadium. If you really want to have a great gameday atmosphere that appeals to the million NYC soccer fans you need to be pro-NYCFC. Do we really want to cater to the lowest denominator? Now during the MCFC-NYCFC friendlies, all bets are off!

You can attract a few hundred anti-MCFC diehards with hate, but that doesn't fill a stadium. If you really want to have a great gameday atmosphere that appeals to the million NYC soccer fans you need to be pro-NYCFC. Do we really want to cater to the lowest denominator? Now during the MCFC-NYCFC friendlies, all bets are off!

Well put.

Well said sir!

I can live with that perspective every day of the week.

Maybe so, but champions they are.

Let hope NYCFC become champions too, it may dilute the hatred but I doubt that very much

Again this notion that because they are the UK champions we should care more isn't helping your cause. You are assuming we are all PL fans. I think it would help MCFC fans should are here if they realize we care more about our team then yours, don't try to sell us on your team.

Again this notion that because they are the UK champions we should care more isn't helping your cause. You are assuming we are all PL fans. I think it would help MCFC fans should are here if they realize we care more about our team then yours, don't try to sell us on your team.

Not trying to sell MCFC to you at all.

I can see by your avatars that most on here support other EPL clubs. There is nil expectation in the UK for NYCFC fans to follow MCFC. Some do and that is superb, others do not for many reasons, not my problem.

I think you are going to have to upgrade your banter levels. If someone sings "If you hate Man City clap your hands" (quaint and very 50s), City and any other team will respond. Jade's post was a standard comeback to any of the songs currently employed by anyone who currently sings anti City songs. (We do have experience of this.) There was a no reference to New York, New York City or anyone.
Just a polite factual response.

Reactions: Jade Thompson
I think you are going to have to upgrade your banter levels. If someone sings "If you hate Man City clap your hands" (quaint and very 50s), City and any other team will respond. Jade's post was a standard comeback to any of the songs currently employed by anyone who currently sings anti City songs. (We do have experience of this.) There was a no reference to New York, New York City or anyone.
Just a polite factual response.
Not much into banter, just being honest about this stuff, we are pissed and this isn't a time for banter.

I agree....which is why I said save it for Hate Week in the summer...